Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Coin Collector 2.0 - 1% Mario, 99% Crazy

Comments

• lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    I'm going to say a small thing now... The "new building" is the best example ever of nailing balance first-try. The BCI is 100000, which is i believe 3(30?) times the last building's one, but it's price is way WAY higher. I only had 3 minutes to test it, and i liked it. It was around 110% the power of Reality Converters at the point i was(around 1 Nonillion Fortune at the time the update was released) and i DID IT. They never got way more powerful than the other buildings except maybe after a late-game upgrade that increases it's power by 7500% or something, and it never surpassed the other buildings by that much. It only got slightly OP after buying the aforementioned 1000 tier upgrade because the Reality Converter 1250 tier upgrade just plain buffs everything equally.

I absolutely love the Darkness Converter. It's by far my favorite building of the game because i never had to nerf it. Which one is your fave?
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best moment in the world is when you hear a heartfelt thank you.
    The best thing in the world is a hearty hug when you're feeling lonely.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
  • lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    I DON'T want this forum to die because of my break. I'm sorry for not doing anything for that long, i just wanted a peaceful time after all that annoying FASTER COPYER PASTYER stuff. Seriously that part alone took various long hours to finish :/

Anyways, keep playing, development will be restored someday. Probably tomorrow or the day after it.
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
    Welp. Thanks to the new format, i think i discovered this forum had a little more views than i thought. Yay (*) (*) (*)

But seriously, i think i'm finally back into working in my game. I'm sorry for the 6-7 day break, i seriously needed it. Now, to what could happen next update:

A win lock system to replace the boring Win The Game stuff

Some upgrades will be nerfed, but more darkness-ish upgrades would happen to balance the other side

some more graphics

And stuff.

Now i want to make my game a little more original.
    Sounds like it won't happen though :(
  • FASTEST_MENNESTFASTEST_MENNEST Member Posts: 183 ✭✭
    I beat impossible!
    That guy is doing absolutely nothing-Jerma 2013
  • ZanmornZanmorn Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2014
    I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the game noticeably slows when working on surpassing Bowser's fortune, but acceptably so.
    However, it kind of comes to a stand-still when working on surpassing Peach's fortune; the new upgrade unlocked for beating Mario costs 1T Yoshi Coins, which was more than five times the total amount I had earned up to that point. I hadn't skimped on earning Yoshi Coins, either; most of the coins I earned were immediately dumped back into Yoshis, to the point were I had unlocked (but not purchased) the upgrade that cost 1.85T Yoshi Coins.
    Honestly, after that point, almost everything that costs Yoshi Coins feels like it costs almost 10x too much. I haven't purchased the ability to reset, because again, it cost more than 5x the total amount I had earned up to that point, and more than 10x the amount I had. To put it another way, at the time of unlocking it, my income was measured in billions, while the upgrade costs quadrillions. At least in this case, however, thanks to the Darkness upgrades, something about my income has changed. The Peach one was more frustrating, since literally nothing changed.

The Koopa Bank upgrades are a bit underpowered, too. (Well, that or clicking is overpowered, but it honestly felt fine to me.) At one point, I calculated the gain I would get from purchasing the first three upgrades - Unstable Koopa Banks through Increase Instability Lever - and I'd be giving up clicking power measured in quintillions to get a boost to the Koopa Banks measured in the quadrillions. Right now, I'd be losing 150 Qi in clicking to get about 16 Qi out of the banks.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed the game so far, otherwise I wouldn't bother to comment on it. =P You've come a long way since you first posted the game.

Edit: Oh yeah, you might want to take your clickables and buildings into an image editing program (like Photoshop or Gimp) and delete the white part around them. Instead of having a white box, it will be transparent, so the background shows through. It'll look much nicer. =)
    edited August 2014
    Zanmorn said:

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the game noticeably slows when working on surpassing Bowser's fortune, but acceptably so.
    However, it kind of comes to a stand-still when working on surpassing Peach's fortune; the new upgrade unlocked for beating Mario costs 1T Yoshi Coins, which was more than five times the total amount I had earned up to that point. I hadn't skimped on earning Yoshi Coins, either; most of the coins I earned were immediately dumped back into Yoshis, to the point were I had unlocked (but not purchased) the upgrade that cost 1.85T Yoshi Coins.
    Honestly, after that point, almost everything that costs Yoshi Coins feels like it costs almost 10x too much. I haven't purchased the ability to reset, because again, it cost more than 5x the total amount I had earned up to that point, and more than 10x the amount I had. To put it another way, at the time of unlocking it, my income was measured in billions, while the upgrade costs quadrillions. At least in this case, however, thanks to the Darkness upgrades, something about my income has changed. The Peach one was more frustrating, since literally nothing changed.

The Koopa Bank upgrades are a bit underpowered, too. (Well, that or clicking is overpowered, but it honestly felt fine to me.) At one point, I calculated the gain I would get from purchasing the first three upgrades - Unstable Koopa Banks through Increase Instability Lever - and I'd be giving up clicking power measured in quintillions to get a boost to the Koopa Banks measured in the quadrillions. Right now, I'd be losing 150 Qi in clicking to get about 16 Qi out of the banks.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed the game so far, otherwise I wouldn't bother to comment on it. =P You've come a long way since you first posted the game.

Edit: Oh yeah, you might want to take your clickables and buildings into an image editing program (like Photoshop or Gimp) and delete the white part around them. Instead of having a white box, it will be transparent, so the background shows through. It'll look much nicer. =)

Firstly, i thought the Koopa Banks were one of the strongest buildings BEFORE the unstable stuff, so the best building was supposed to become more OP with a price... But yeah...

About the images, it's going to happen. When the next update comes out.

About the yoshi coin prices... Eugh. I don't want to talk about balancing, but i'm going to try.

About the slowdown... It's weird because the Reality Converters are kind of supposed to be OP, but you just can't plain buy it. And when you start resetting, the game only lasts two more days and you already won Gamma. :P

But i know the long way i came... Full graphics, a building, achievements, image resizes, lots and LOTS of balancing, upgrades, a hefty post-game and this game also probably has the strongest high number support in IGM. An objective at 1 DuoVigintillion, and an upgrade at 1 QuinVigintillion? That's the stuff. :P

Also, i learned how to do :P without being forced to do pensive... :P

Also, don't EVER go back to the other pages, because the old spoilers don't work anymore and so some insane stuff got spoiled.
    I
    h
    a
    t
    e
    m
    y
    l
    i
    f
    e
    s
    o
    m
    e
    t
    i
    m
    e
    s
    jk
  • ZanmornZanmorn Member Posts: 3
    Well, the slowdowns happen because of Yoshi Coins, not regular coins, so it kind of makes sense that Reality Converters don't have an impact on them.

Oh, and when I unlocked the ability to reset, the game picked up a lot once again. (In case you're worrying about how quickly that went, I was really close to it before; a lot of my previous comment is from a couple of days ago, before I could register.)

Another suggestion I have is make the Koopa Bank upgrades unlock the next in line, and put a "requires X Evil Koopa Banks" tag on them. That way, goobers like me can't just skip to "Ultimate Instability" and use the upgrades as a way to get 2.5x more from clicking.
    Actually, it might be nice to just do that on all the normal building upgrades, so people know when the next upgrade is and how much it costs. But then, I've never been a huge fan of the "mystery upgrades" thing, as it ruins the ability to plan.

Yoshi Coins become fine once more after resetting, though they start to lag a little towards the end - probably because their click upgrades stop much sooner, and they don't have any really strong buildings.

Actually, even with the "cheated" 2.5x boost to clicking, it has fallen greatly in value and now constitutes a whopping 2% CpS boost. Its about on par with 1-Up Mushrooms now.

Some suggestions for balancing:
    - Make some "High Speed Mode" toggles that multiply the efficiency of everything by x10, x100, and whatever else you want. (Don't forget to include your timer!) That way you can play through the game quickly and get an idea of how long each section takes.
    - Try setting Yoshis at a lower price increase, since they're purchased with a rarer resource.
  • apotheosisapotheosis Member Posts: 140 ✭✭
    Ugghhh I lost my save file. How do I hack in coins again?
  • LunaticLunarianLunaticLunarian Member Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Ugghhh I lost my save file. How do I hack in coins again?

Ctrl+Shift+J, then write :

Game.res.coins.amount=X for coins.
    Game.res.totalcoins.amount=X for fortune.
    Game.res.yoshicoins.amount=X for yoshi coins.

Replace X by the amount you want.
    imagine existing lmao who does that
    edited August 2014
    The next update is probably going to be 2.0. A new building is confirmed, an objective remaster, a string of upgrades, some fixes, a few more clicking upgrades, and god knows what will happen next.

Preview 1: YOU'RE A WIZARD

Yay i actually made an image

edited August 2014
    The game officially has over 5000 lines, and this topic has over 5000 views now.

Over halfway to DOOM.
    SIZE: 256.03 KB

EDIT: Just got infinity coins from a click.

EDIT2:
    -multiplies efficiency of hitBlock by 0.1% per building.

building.

Whoops.
    Post edited by lennonluiz0907 on
  • MrZeccaMrZecca Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Any info on when the next update will come out?
  • IdlerIdler Member, Wiener, Double Wiener Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    I'm soooooooooooo exhausted. Here's my stats... :

imgur.com/TzarPvG
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium
  • MyloMylo Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Idler said:

imgur.com/TzarPvG

I find it hilarious that you even cheated the time played to a rediculous number even!
  • IdlerIdler Member, Wiener, Double Wiener Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Mylo said:

Idler said:

imgur.com/TzarPvG

I find it hilarious that you even cheated the time played to a rediculous number even!
    Flagged. It's not a cheat, i just exhausted playing for 100 years. X_X
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mylo said:

Idler said:

imgur.com/TzarPvG

well, thats idler for you.
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?
    edited August 2014
    MrZecca said:

Any info on when the next update will come out?

I can't give you the furthest of ideas until i get to the image-drawing part because i can always do more... I'd say around 5 days to a week.
    Idler said:

Mylo said:

Idler said:

imgur.com/TzarPvG

You mean 130 million years? Lrn2cheat nub.

Yeah, that files been cheated on, even 100 years is less than 3.2 billion seconds, let alone 3.6 quadrillion lol. I've completed Win the game(GAMMA), but DELTA just seems beyond reach for now unless I leave the game running for about 3 months.

My stats:

http://imgur.com/BCAnTeU

I think you just got ninja'd.

Nice job! :D

Btw, Winning the game(DELTA) is way tougher than getting God, the 1250-all-buildings achievement. So yeah.

Also, my game isn't opening anymore. :/
  • manudude03manudude03 Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Yeah, that files been cheated on, even 100 years is less than 3.2 billion seconds, let alone 3.6 quadrillion lol. I've completed Win the game(GAMMA), but DELTA just seems beyond reach for now unless I leave the game running for about 3 months.

My stats:

http://imgur.com/BCAnTeU
  • Hundred_LaughingHundred_Laughing Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Idler said:

Mylo said:

Idler said:

imgur.com/TzarPvG

how do you play for 100 years on a game that didn't even exist one month ago
    a.k.a. One Hundred People Laughing Out Loud

Idler said:

Mylo said:

Idler said:

imgur.com/TzarPvG

You mean 130 million years?

That's why cheating sucks. :P

I think you just got ninja'd.

Nice job! :D

Btw, Winning the game(DELTA) is way tougher than getting God, the 1250-all-buildings achievement. So yeah.

Also, my game isn't opening anymore. :/

I have 1250 of everything except DC where I just got my 1212th, the next costing 3.2e+65 so um yeah :/

Idler said:

Mylo said:

Idler said:

imgur.com/TzarPvG

Actually... The game launch happened OFFICIALLY A YEAR MOTH MONTH AGO!

So, why not an "anniversary update?"

Well, shucks, i can't. Whoops.

I'm feeling like an asshat now. :P
  • CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why cant you make an update?

Cookie said:

why cant you make an update?

I'm (finally) fixing a fatal bug that can't make my game open anymore, and since i don't want the 2.0 to be incomplete(very incomplete in fact), uh...

I can't make an update in time for the "anniversary", just that. Bear with me.
    Just a little progress report for DELTA. I got the God achievement and I'm now making around 1e+65/s. My fortune is currently on around 5.14e+68, should be there in an hour or 2...
  • FASTEST_MENNESTFASTEST_MENNEST Member Posts: 183 ✭✭

Just a little progress report for DELTA. I got the God achievement and I'm now making around 1e+65/s. My fortune is currently on around 5.14e+68, should be there in an hour or 2...

I use this in a bookmark to shorten numbers :javascript:with(document)(head.appendChild(createElement('script')).src='http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=bZVxKpGH')._ So now it will be the prefixes like billion all the way to Septdecillion.
    That guy is doing absolutely nothing-Jerma 2013
    edited August 2014
    Okay, this is going to be anticlimatic and everything, but i decided to do the ultimate sacrifice to make 2.0 work.

I'm going to give the file i've been using a new place so i can show the progress to you guys. I'm having a problem with a game-breaking bug that i can't find the source of, and the sole reason why i couldn't make progress during the last three days. If anyone could find it and report to me, i will be very thankful.

Post edited by lennonluiz0907 on
    Should i give up in the game because this topic is already dead?
    Well, I got that DELTA achievement (actually I'm well on my way to 1e+72 now). As for what you should do, it would help if you described your "game-breaking" bug, it's easier to find where the bug happens if you know what the bug is