Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Coin Collector 2.0 - 1% Mario, 99% Crazy

Comments

• lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

why doesnt reality have an upgrade at 1250

You should make the later prestige upgrades multiply power by an increasing amount, so you can get like x10 for getting the last one

The reality upgrade at 1250 is a long story. I'm probably making one in the achievement update that's happening right now. It was supposed to debuff Reality, but heavily buff all the other buildings so they are as powerful as Reality. It's because Reality is almost over, y'know.

Also, the like x10 for getting the last one... I had a similar concept on the pre-release game, it's why i did the three last tiers, since it ended on 666, but in the end i decided to cut it off because... Fast-Paced and shitty-broken are two different things. Getting 1 Quadecillion per second without even trying wasn't fun at all. So i thought about instead making it bigger and more decisive to actually deserve it but... Let's face it, it's not here yet. I guess you have to wait me. :P

I find the early game to be too fast paced.

The entire game is supposed to be fast paced. But i could only make it fast-paced, like, until the fifth objective.

EDIT: UPDATE!

Version 1.3 Part 1 - I can't do things right

*Since i was idiotic not to use the BETA, i now don't want to lose everything, and decided to divide the Major Achievement upgrade in two parts, the second bigger than the first.
    -Followed all of abcdcba's helpful advice(except for the prestige upgrade thing, that's not happening)
    -Achievements for the first three buildings.
    Post edited by lennonluiz0907 on
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best moment in the world is when you hear a heartfelt thank you.
    The best thing in the world is a hearty hug when you're feeling lonely.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
  • jenngra505jenngra505 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited August 2014

I find the early game to be too fast paced.

The entire game is supposed to be fast paced. But i could only make it fast-paced, like, until the fifth objective.

But is it supposed to have so if you have 10 1ups and both upgrades that you get more coins per second than the cost of the next 1up?

• 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I only have 450 million/sec and koopa banks cost 456 million :/

Error : "1upA?" is not an appropriate identifier. Alphanumeric characters with no spaces, please.

no question marks allowed dude
    BTW I forget the 1-up trick...

clicking up
    buff plz
    or am i just too earlygame

*1upA12 -"Get 1,000 1-UPs. <i>I believe that's the first game to introduce upgrades and achievements at 1,000 buildings, ever.</i>" -unlocks at 1000 1up -named All hail the 3-UP Moon

I do believe it is.

Upgrades are at: (An achievement comes with each unlock)
    1: +30%
    10: +60%
    20: x2
    40: x2.5
    70: x3
    100: x4
    150: x5
    200: x7.5
    275: x10
    375: x15
    500: x25
    666: x33
    800: x50
    1000: x75
    1250: x100
  • BurntCookieBurntCookie Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking through the game code, I actually understood the "most obscure reference".

super paper mario

Anyway, this seems like a nice game. Maybe one day it will surpass CompC, GD and Cw in popularity.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
  • BurntCookieBurntCookie Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

BC, where does it appear?

*machineA11 -"Get 850 Coin Machines. <i>That's the most obscure Mario reference i made in this game yet by far. :P</i>" -unlocks at 850 machine -named HI-TECHNICAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!

Also, "Yoshi Visits" sorta reminds me of "Demon Visits" from WD...
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

Anyway, this seems like a nice game. Maybe one day it will surpass CompC, GD and Cw in popularity.

If you all keep posting that much, maybe. Lel :P

Error : "1upA?" is not an appropriate identifier. Alphanumeric characters with no spaces, please.

Fixing that.

clicking up
    buff plz
    or am i just too earlygame

I dunno, really. I played through the BETA file until the 23 Sextillion mark, and didn't got UP clicking anywhere. Actually, clicking was a very good deal, since pretty much from 1 Quintillion forward a click was worth around three seconds of play, and almost all the time a click was worth at least a third of a second of play.

Upgrades are at: (An achievement comes with each unlock)

False. The 20 and 70 upgrades have no achievements.

Looking through the game code, I actually understood the "most obscure reference".

super paper mario

Whoa, that was damn fast. :P

"normal coin rewards" costs too many normal coins. Lower it by 10x.
    "coin-collecting classes" requires too many buildings. Lower it to 800.

Okay, okay.

Also, "Yoshi Visits" sorta reminds me of "Demon Visits" from WD...

Wow, it indeed does, actually! Specially because both are tier-1 synergies between an evil building and someone willing to do something with it.

Anyways, back to working on 1.3 Part 2.
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
  • IdlerIdler Member, Wiener, Double Wiener Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a idea. When you surpass Princess Peach, you will unlock the upgrade called Love Princess to unlock Peach, which make 1e+20 coins per second. And unlock new called: Surpass Michele's Fortune, which will surpass the fortune of Michele for 1e+34. And unlock Michele Speed upgrade to unlock building called "Michele: FASTER MENNER!!" with production of 1e+26 coins and 10000 yoshi coins per seconds. It unlocks also "Surpass Chiara Fortune", surpass Chiara Fortune, this last one for cost of 1e+42 fortune!!!!!!
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium
    Idler said:

I have a idea. When you surpass Princess Peach, you will unlock the upgrade called Love Princess to unlock Peach, which make 1e+20 coins per second. And unlock new called: Surpass Michele's Fortune, which will surpass the fortune of Michele for 1e+34. And unlock Michele Speed upgrade to unlock building called "Michele: FASTER MENNER!!" with production of 1e+26 coins and 10000 yoshi coins per seconds. It unlocks also "Surpass Chiara Fortune", surpass Chiara Fortune, this last one for cost of 1e+42 fortune!!!!!!

Even better idea:
    When you surpass Princess Peach, you will unlock a building called Suggestion Reader. If you buy one, it will lock itself. If there's a suggestion, it will read it and, depending on how it is, it will have a chance to be applied to the game, e.g. If it's good then it has a chance of 80% to enter. If it sees any post with "Idler" on it, it will spin around, get unstable and explode in -1 seconds, causing a hard reset and locking the clickable forever.

*puts sunglasses*

BTW, i'm sorry for taking long to do 1.3 Part 2, i'm trying to release it today, but...

Progress:

Gold Flower Achievements
    Koopa Bank Achievements(MARIO PARTY!!!)
    Yoshi Achievements(Did the first 10)
    Warp Achievements
    Reality Converter Achievements
    New Resources that will be only useful in 1.4
    Follow all of abcdcba's useful advice

Keep patient! :D
    edited August 2014
    I just noticed that the koopa banks were from MP...

Also check the error log. Have fun finding the errors!

Here's the easy one to find:
    *winGame -"It's the easy game, but it's no easy at all to get! Good luck!" -costs 1000000000000000000000000000000000 totalCoins -gives 2000000000000000000000000000000000 wallFortune when bought -gives 200000000000000000000000000000000 coins when bought -gives 200000000000000000000000 yoshiCoins when bought -named Win The Game(easy) -classed obj -locks winGame -unlocks winGame2 -unlocks trophy

Just so you know my stats:
    626,985,044,596,700 Coins (538,203,474,433.1/s) 1,098,501,255 Yoshi Coins (2,418,538.2/s) 1,243,774,785,165,337 Fortune (538,203,474,430.2/s) 1,904,615,584 Total Yoshi Coins (2,418,538.2/s) ---------Misc. Stats--------- (0/s) 199,890,924,445 Hand-Made Coins (0/s) 1,002 Hand-Made Yoshi Coins (0/s) 134,649,981,555 1-UP Mushroom coins (79,706,764.8/s) 134 1-UP Mushroom Yoshi Coins (0/s) 1,283,572,481,052 Coin Machine coins (1,479,816,000/s) 1,283 Coin Machine Yoshi Coins (1.4/s) 27,962,538,092,274 Hacked Block coins (32,348,160,000/s) 27,962 Hacked Block Yoshi Coins (32.3/s) 254,891,023,213,546 Gold Flower coins (84,967,833,600/s) 254,891 Gold Flower Yoshi Coins (84.9/s) 961,313,110,473,178 Koopa Bank coins (419,327,958,067.5/s) 961,313 Koopa Bank Yoshi Coins (419.3/s) 1,903,368,996 Yoshi Yoshi Coins(Lel) (2,418,000/s)

Also yoshis produce so many yoshi coins, especially early on.
    Now to save up for that x5 yoshi upgrade...
    edited August 2014
    I DID IT!!!! :DDDDDDDDDD

Version 1.3 Part 2 - Achievement Maelstrom

*MARIO PARTAY!
    -Now there are 13 achievements for each building. Maybe there will be more creative achievements soon, but that will be postponed to 1.4
    -New currencies that aren't useful at all yay :D
    -Coin Collector is serious business now - Part of the flavor of the new achievements can be very touching and mind-boggling.
    -Achievements for the Unstable Koopa Bank upgrades!
    -Another secret achievement!
    -trophy ACTUALLY EXISTS now, so it doesn't appear in the error log now >_<
    -More Super Paper Mario references
    -Winning the medium and hard game is now easier.

abcdcba, this one is for you... don't spoil the LateReality Converter achievement flavors, okay? seriously. You ruined various surprises already... Like the IRL Money Troll and the fact that there are 15 tiers up to 1250 of a building... Yeah.

Almost 3000 lines!
  • CoppinatorCoppinator Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
    I refreshed and it will no longer load.
  • jenngra505jenngra505 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Error : the element named "possesed" was not found.
    Error : the element named "undefined" was not found.
    Error : the element named "timesincereset" was not found.
    Error : the element named "timeplayed" was not found.
    Error : there is already an element with the identifier "1upAsecret". You cannot have two elements with the same identifier.
    edited August 2014
    Error : the element named "possesed" was not found. Error : the element named "undefined" was not found. (x6) Error : the element named "timesincereset" was not found. Error : the element named "timeplayed" was not found. Error : there is already an element with the identifier "1upAsecret". You cannot have two elements with the same identifier. Loaded game. Parsing...

Uh, okay...

So I found some errors for you!
    The time ones just need you to make the resources.
    The 1upAsecret is literally a duplicate.

*trophy blah blah blah -multiplies efficiency of possesed by 6% per possessed blah blah blah

<i>I know, you're probably asking yourself a lot of times why isn't this tier 800 instead... I could change that, but not now.</i>

Considering how it goes, I think 825 would work perfectly. (666>825 is 159, 825>1000 is 175)

Though, 832 could work too. (166 and 168, because 500>666 is 166)

*goldA13 -"Get 1000 Gold Flowers." -unlocks at 1250 gold

derp derp

Also, because you don;t have pictures yet, you should remove the
    .bought{stuff}.

-"stuff <i>//EDITOR'S NOTE: It's my second favorite Mario Game, of course i'm going to reference it a lot.</i>" -named Flipside

It's one of my favorites too. I like all of the PM games though.

-named The Thousand Year Door

...Do you?

Also, that's one story you have there in those achievements...

Also, about the unstable banks stuff, do you think it could be potentially worth it to avoid the third upgrade so that you get doubled clicking power out of it? Though, having the koopa banks be 45x more efficient...

I love the reality11 upgrade.

also reality15 is op
    I don't think a x1250 boost is a good thing to give to the most powerful building in the game
    Post edited by 1234abcdcba4321 on
    edited August 2014
    Version 1.3.1 - I accept the bugs and make them vanish.

*Buggy Bugginson
    -Fixed all problems with the game...
    Except for the goddamn undefined glitches.

Are ya happy now?

Also, because you don;t have pictures yet, you should remove the
    .bought{stuff}.

If you mean in the stylesheet, it was the first thing i tried to do in 1.2. When i toggled that off, it messed up the positioning. Actually, when i did anything it messed up the positioning. :(

-"stuff <i>//EDITOR'S NOTE: It's my second favorite Mario Game, of course i'm going to reference it a lot.</i>" -named Flipside

It's one of my favorites too. I like all of the PM games though.

-named The Thousand Year Door

...Do you?

Yes. Hell fucking yes actually. The Thousand Year Door is my #1 Mario game by far, and even my #1 game of all time. Yeah. :P

Also, that's one story you have there in those achievements...

*wink*

I don't think a x1250 boost is a good thing to give to the most powerful building in the game

Now it's only x6.25. Forgot to say that, actually :P
    edited August 2014
    Version 1.3.2 - Aesthetics Update/CUSTOM STYLESHIT

- All-new Stylesheet! I know you guys will hate it, but i tried. I tried an original(hopefully) take on Orange for the background color, a slightly more to white version of it to the boxes. It's definitely original, Orange background with Purple letters... isn't it?
    -The box positioning is otherworldly and definitely unique, but unique is different than good, so that's for you guys to decide.
    -FONT STUFF WORKS But not for buildings :(
    -EMERGENCY FIX. There i was, playing the beta, with about 40 Sextillion fortune, no biggie, and then pressed the exchange button. I got 1 SEPTILLION coins out of it. The button and all upgrades related to it were immediately deleted, the entire Clickable Yoshi Coin upgrades were totally remastered and 970 sextillion coins were hacked out of my game. Sorry for doing something that stupid. And my conversions were upgraded only once!
    -All building images(but one, Reality Converters had a pretty small picture already) were resized so the full thing fits without forced repositioning the images, and thus it got pretty tidy.
    -Now the achievements and upgrades aren't messed up

The stylesheet seriously needs help from you. Is the color good? Should i change the shop placement? Tell me what you think.

God, this game already got it's custom stylesheet? It's so damn fast! Anyways, 1.4 is next, and it's going to be a Content Update for once! GET HYPED!
    edited August 2014
    buildings slightly overlaps upgrades at this screen size, you should make buildings a bit skinnier or upgrades a bit skinnier.

PS. Yoshis make up 99.93% of my yoshi coin production.

The yoshi coins don't even matter, as I'm getting 16m yoshi coins a sec...
  • LunaticLunarianLunaticLunarian Member Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone read the achievements descriptions?
    imagine existing lmao who does that
    edited August 2014

Can anyone read the achievements descriptions?

Nope.

He should switch the achievements to where resources are and vice versa.

Also, why wall coins and not something like fortune coins?

Stats!

----------------------------Misc. Stats---------------------------- (0/s) 121,375,836,953,891,630 Hand-Made Coins (0/s) 392,782 Hand-Made Yoshi Coins (0/s) 84,976,865,811,903 1-UP Mushroom coins (19,296,991,583.9/s) 84,976 1-UP Mushroom Yoshi Coins (19.2/s) 164,959,661,155,332 Coin Machine coins (348,532,470,000/s) 164,959 Coin Machine Yoshi Coins (348.5/s) 3,149,190,204,637,938 Hacked Block coins (756,138,240,000/s) 3,149,190 Hacked Block Yoshi Coins (756.1/s) 10,352,859,824,304,106 Gold Flower coins (9,531,924,480,000/s) 10,352,859 Gold Flower Yoshi Coins (9,531.9/s) 29,413,361,415,319,150 Koopa Bank coins (5,751,843,725,640/s) 29,413,361 Koopa Bank Yoshi Coins (5,751.8/s) 841,768,406,062 Yoshi Yoshi Coins(Lel) (245,324,851.1/s) 83,494,952,848,433,780 Warp Coins (37,369,090,909,200/s) 834,949,528,480,676 Warp Yoshi Coins (373,690,909,089.3/s) 1,553 Total Buildings (0/s) 5,700 Total Seconds of Play (1/s)

currently at 285/275/275/256/201/256/3/2.
    I started before you started tracking time so the time stat is a bit inaccurate.
    edited August 2014
    I feel like warps are a bit good.
    Just slightly later...
    904,207,776,429,922 Coins (125,998,781,169,997.5/s) 1,039,591,888,258,117 Yoshi Coins (999,144,442,801.8/s) 300,138,291,035,806,300 Fortune (125,998,781,169,600/s) 1,172,468,881,489,160 Total Yoshi Coins (999,144,442,807.5/s) 3 Wall Coins (0/s) ----------------------------Misc. Stats---------------------------- (0/s) 138,007,065,513,260,830 Hand-Made Coins (0/s) 136,914,032,026 Hand-Made Yoshi Coins (0/s) 100,293,531,265,144 1-UP Mushroom coins (38,593,983,168/s) 100,293 1-UP Mushroom Yoshi Coins (38.5/s) 379,678,898,173,332 Coin Machine coins (348,532,470,000/s) 379,678 Coin Machine Yoshi Coins (348.5/s) 3,615,021,769,693,938 Hacked Block coins (756,138,240,000/s) 3,615,021 Hacked Block Yoshi Coins (756.1/s) 17,918,666,014,896,108 Gold Flower coins (19,063,848,960,000/s) 17,918,666 Gold Flower Yoshi Coins (19,063.8/s) 33,028,148,884,231,204 Koopa Bank coins (6,140,758,425,900/s) 33,028,148 Koopa Bank Yoshi Coins (6,140.7/s) 1,417,648,178,290 Yoshi Yoshi Coins(Lel) (2,635,325,550/s) 117,091,426,424,253,700 Warp Coins (99,650,909,090,880/s) 1,170,914,264,236,810 Warp Yoshi Coins (996,509,090,906.2/s) 1,577 Total Buildings (0/s)

Also the yoshi coin stats lines are kinda pointless, except for yoshis. (It's always just 1b times less that the buildings production, until yoshi and beyond.)

Also are warps supposed to give a yoshi coin per 100m warp coins
    A few extremely minor changes happened now. Mostly stylesheet stuff. I'm going to start development in 1.4 right now.

Also, why wall coins and not something like fortune coins?

Um... I just preferred that name.

834,949,528,480,676 Warp Yoshi Coins (373,690,909,089.3/s)

How in the world?

You are getting way more Yoshi Coins from Warps than from Yoshis. And Warps, for you, are giving a Yoshi Coin each 100 Normal Coins instead of the 100 million in the code(I fixed this now).
    Version 1.3.3 - WHAT THE BITCH?

- Fixed that now. -.-
    Version 1.3.4 - Welp.

*Warps were supposed to give OVER 9000 YOSHI COINS, not 9.
    -Reality Converters ALSO had a comma instead of a dot...

I seriously need to check those things more often so i don't have to do such small emergency fixes...
    edited August 2014

So, how many yoshi coins should I cheat out?

A lot. I'd say 99% of what you have at least.

Anyways, 1.4 is going to happen.

P.S.: DON'T BUY OCD, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL GOD AND JESUS. That's a placeholder for a Legend-Of-The-Fourth-Wall-ish series of upgrades(But actually useful), and if you buy it, i would have to do an emergency clickable to unlock it and everyone would end up getting, stuff. It would be painful.

Anyways, 1.4 is going to be two-part. The first part will have more achievements, the Darkness series which is going to be unlocked after surpassing Princess Peach's fortune, and other stuff. One thing is certain though. The final upgrade isn't going to be just a little more powerful than the others like in LOTFW, it could even unlock a new building actually.

Preview 1: darkness3, contender for the Upgrade With The Most Lines Of Code title.

This isn't exactly OP by this game's standards, but it does a lot of things that involve one building buffing everything, it's not even funny. It's THIRTY-FIVE lines long, it's from 638 to 673.
  • FASTEST_MENNESTFASTEST_MENNEST Member Posts: 183 ✭✭

So, how many yoshi coins should I cheat out?

A lot. I'd say 99% of what you have at least.

Anyways, 1.4 is going to happen.

P.S.: DON'T BUY OCD, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL GOD AND JESUS. That's a placeholder for a Legend-Of-The-Fourth-Wall-ish series of upgrades(But actually useful), and if you buy it, i would have to do an emergency clickable to unlock it and everyone would end up getting, stuff. It would be painful.

Anyways, 1.4 is going to be two-part. The first part will have more achievements, the Darkness series which is going to be unlocked after surpassing Princess Peach's fortune, and other stuff. One thing is certain though. The final upgrade isn't going to be just a little more powerful than the others like in LOTFW, it could even unlock a new building actually.

Preview 1: darkness3, contender for the Upgrade With The Most Lines Of Code title.

This isn't exactly OP by this game's standards, but it does a lot of things that involve one building buffing everything, it's not even funny. It's THIRTY-FIVE lines long, it's from 638 to 673.
    I BOUGHT OCD! OH SNAP!
    That guy is doing absolutely nothing-Jerma 2013
    edited August 2014
    Welp. At least someone got this far.

I guess i should rename the name in the code, so this doesn't harm the series. Don't worry, FASTEST_MENNEST. It kinda was a false alarm.

Anyways, what i did up to now is:

Extermination of the Glow-In-The-Dark syndrome(As of now, the most expensive upgrade costs 50 Nondecillion coins).
    5 Darkness upgrades and the Darkness Trigger.

Other things i wish to do ASAP:

Make OCD and the Darkness Trigger two separate upgrades... because the OCD idea is amazing.
    More Darkness Upgrades
    New achievements
    A new building?

GET HYPED!

There could be a 1.4 part 3, where i try making graphics.

EDIT: The chances of that happening are as high as the chances of a FASTER MENNER building making it into my game.

That's higher than you think.
  • FASTEST_MENNESTFASTEST_MENNEST Member Posts: 183 ✭✭

Welp. At least someone got this far.

I guess i should rename the name in the code, so this doesn't harm the series. Don't worry, FASTEST_MENNEST. It kinda was a false alarm.

Anyways, what i did up to now is:

Extermination of the Glow-In-The-Dark syndrome(As of now, the most expensive upgrade costs 50 Nondecillion coins).
    5 Darkness upgrades and the Darkness Trigger.

Other things i wish to do ASAP:

Make OCD and the Darkness Trigger two separate upgrades... because the OCD idea is amazing.
    More Darkness Upgrades
    New achievements
    A new building?

GET HYPED!

There could be a 1.4 part 3, where i try making graphics.

EDIT: The chances of that happening are as high as the chances of a FASTER MENNER building making it into my game.

That's higher than you think.

Yay!
    That guy is doing absolutely nothing-Jerma 2013
    edited August 2014
    As of now, i did:

Extermination Of The Glow-In-The-Dark Syndrome
    11 Darkness Upgrades + Darkness Trigger
    Modified the power of most Prestige upgrades

Also, in my BETA, all buildings but Evil Koopa Banks are balanced. Evil Koopa Banks, due to the fact i have the three first Unstable Bank upgrades, are by far my strongest building. As of now, i have the first 5 prestige upgrades and 9 Darkness upgrades.

Is that reason enough for hype? :D

Also, just to break it, the Darkness building isn't FASTER MENNER. It's probably coming in 1.4 part 2.

Also, i could say part 1 is coming 2morrow. Hype! I'm sincerely happy on how far this game has come. :*D