Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Coin Collector 2.0 - 1% Mario, 99% Crazy

lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Member, Conversationalist Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Games
It's Super Effective! Insecurity fainted!

The Achievement system is far from complete, there are no Upgrade or Achievement images yet, but this game was crafted in a slightly different way from other games you see. I will need lots of help from you guys to make this a good experience!

I am thankful for all of your support, graphics are almost finished and the achievement and upgrade system is complete. I love all you guys so much :3

And i need to learn a little more about custom stylesheets. So, meanwhile, i'm going to have pretty much Tellurium's Stylesheet. ;-;

CUSTOM STYLESHEET! ;D

Anyways, Storyline.

You just appeared somewhere. This place is weird. Mushrooms make you bigger and Flowers give you Pyrokinesis. You see the block, you get the coin. You saw that it's easier to get rich here. You already established your own goal here. Hit the block, get a 1UP to clone you, get a machine to make coins, or even get them from another universe, break the formula and show how little this game has to do with Mario. And get rich while you do so.

Coin Collector

Mario and his series are copyright of Nintendo, yadda yadda yadda, y'know the stuff.

Pokémon is copyright of Game Freak too, because if you make a single joke about a famous franchise in Youtube your video is beyond down.

Note: This took about three weeks to do. It already has over 2500 5000 lines of code. So i guess there's quite a bit of content?

Anyways, the game is now a month old. Yeah. Even by though i could consider this topic "dead", i still didn't expect nearly 150 comments and over 5000 views(:O) in a single month. Thanks for the help guys! :D
Likely the weirdest person ever.
Welp. :p

Anyways, hello.
Post edited by lennonluiz0907 on

Comments

• ryan1227ryan1227 Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Pretty solid game so far. I'm about one tenth of the way to overtaking Luigi's fortune as of now. Clicking is getting left in the dust. (707 million per second, 25 thousand per click)
    One downside is that it is very similar to wall destroyer, but a bunch of games right now are, so it can be forgiven.

Also, what do Yoshi coins do? I think Koopa Banks produce them but I don't know what for. I see. You get one Yoshi Coin every time a building produces one billion coins.
    You get that Bridget out here before I blow us all to hell!
  • lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Member, Conversationalist Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ryan1227 said:

Pretty solid game so far. I'm about one tenth of the way to overtaking Luigi's fortune as of now. Clicking is getting left in the dust. (707 million per second, 25 thousand per click)
    One downside is that it is very similar to wall destroyer, but a bunch of games right now are, so it can be forgiven.

Also, what do Yoshi coins do? I think Koopa Banks produce them but I don't know what for. I see. You get one Yoshi Coin every time a building produces one billion coins.

There's a building that costs Yoshi Coins that you will get soon. I'm trying to make my stylesheet original, but i need some help on how to do it. the Objective System is unoriginal, but sometimes originality kills the game...

Cue Virtual Boy jokes.

I'm going to make less spaced-out click+building upgrades soon.

Anyways, hello.
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭
    I hate this game. Do not take it personally though, I hate Mario franchise.

I don't like the cyan and yellow stylesheet, maybe you should darken the yellow a little more so it would be easier to read.
  • ryan1227ryan1227 Member Posts: 229 ✭✭

I don't like the cyan and yellow stylesheet, maybe you should darken the yellow a little more so it would be easier to read.

Even the original Super Mario Brothers?

You get that Bridget out here before I blow us all to hell!
  • Frayu1600Frayu1600 Member Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game starts up with a huge (too big) boost. The player should start from little numbers (1, 10..) and increase during the gameplay time.
    Steam Profile / Osu! Profile / Newgrounds Profile / YouTube Profile (soon™)
    Location: EU (IT) GMT+1 / Likes: Things / Dislikes: Other Things
    About Myself: Busy, Lazy and Crazy, with a spoonful of honey.
    About Yourself: Interested in reading this. I can't believe it. Mom, get the camera!
    Quotes: "10/10 would create more alts to give more awesomes" -Frey / "I'm too lazy to create a quote" -Frey / "Make the future good by making the present better" -Frey
    (\n3n/)

Then it's your problem. Don't give unnecessary hate just because you hate Mario.

I hate Final Fantasy. So you can see i'm not a big fan of RPG homages. Do you have a problem with that?

Next update's probably going to be a Clicking update, as we need upgrade balancing more than new upgrades. Maybe there will be some new achievements too.

And i will remember changing the color of the text, that's like one line of code to slightly alter(I think i got yellow just by saying text color : yellow), piece of cake.

When i created the BETA-testing file, it always says it's unknown by unknown. Why?

Anyways, hello.
  • AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Member, Friendly, Cool Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

When i created the BETA-testing file, it always says it's unknown by unknown. Why?

Depends on what you have changed.
    DasBloody said:

Only changed the name and the version number >_>

Anyways, hello.
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Then it's your problem. Don't give unnecessary hate just because you hate Mario.

I hate Final Fantasy. So you can see i'm not a big fan of RPG homages. Do you have a problem with that?
    Well, I even made a helpful suggestion (I think?) to make this post a little bit more useful, this was just my opinion. But yeah, maybe I shouldn't have said "I hate this game" right away, I guess I chose the wrong words...
    I also hate Final Fantasy.

DasBloody said:

Only changed the name and the version number >_>
    And you're sure you copied everything to the new paste?
    Maybe it's just pastebin being slow with updating.
  • LunaticLunarianLunaticLunarian Member Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Error : the element named "undefined" was not found.
    6 times.
    EDIT : Also is it me or I see things from CW? (building unlocking system, 666666666 coins achievement...)
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate Final Fantasy.

i am the internet and you are not allowed an opinion.
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?

I hate Final Fantasy.

Fancy outfit you got there, internet.
    edited July 2014

Error : the element named "undefined" was not found.
    6 times.
    EDIT : Also is it me or I see things from CW? (building unlocking system, 666666666 coins achievement...)

Yeah, about the undefined... I know this problem, but it's not fun at all to search for undefined things in a 2072-line Pastebin archive ;-;

666M Coins is just my normal not creative self, but the Building Unlocking system was already settled long before i actually noticed Cookie Waster had one. I wanted to make this part look a little like Cookie Clicker, and you too. But it's only like that until the first objective.

It's just for the aesthetic of play. That's not copying in any way... If it was, Nintendo would have sued me already for using Mario to alter the aesthetics of the game lel

I hate Final Fantasy.

Fuck you then Fine. Be that way.

EDIT: Guess what? The Unknown by Unknown glitch was triggered by my own stupidity of making the Beta private instead of unlisted. Every action counts 0_0

Anyways, hello.
    edited July 2014
    UPDATE!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDD

*the promised "I will make clicking useful" is here, at least for the first quadrillion fortune. Check later-game to see if it's okay.
    -All click upgrades have been revamped
    -I did something terrible
    Now clicking on early-game gives 25 instead of 250 coins
    -Some glitches have been fixed
    -Most non-removed clicking updates have been nerfed since there's a new system
    -And since unoriginality is my theme today, i decided to do a 32 tier that is this game's version of the building-manual synergy. Clicking may get a little broken on the late tera territory, which was the point i stopped in the beta.
    -Yoshis have been changed. Now they give 40 times less coins, but they give 25 times more Yoshi Coins than in 1.0.

Have a nice day, everybody! :D

Still didn't fix the undefined glitches :/

EDIT: Another update!

*There are two types of people in the universe. Those who keep promises, and those who forget promises.
    -When i actually tried orange, it turned out to be the worst color possible. It burned my eyes. So i decided to do a nice good ol' purple.

Anyways, hello.
  • CoppinatorCoppinator Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
    Just bought a Reality Converter and did not get the CPS that it says. Out of 3.03 quint/ps I only got .496.

Just bought a Reality Converter and did not get the CPS that it says. Out of 3.03 quint/ps I only got .496.

This building had a pretty troublesome output since the start. It gave 10.10 quint /ps originally, way back in the 3-week-long pre-launch period. It was nerfed twice. But my stupidity made me forget to show the last nerf. That was fixed now.

Could you say how is your clicking?

Anyways, hello.
  • CoppinatorCoppinator Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
    I can do 16 clicks per second on average and can barely make 1/10th of my CPS.
  • OniKyuubiOniKyuubi Member Posts: 4

I can do 16 clicks per second on average and can barely make 1/10th of my CPS.

True, once you start get the heavy upgrades, clicking is more or less useless.
    At least it's not as bad as before 1.1... At the time, clicking could barely make a 1/10... MILLIONTH of the CPS at that point.

I'm definitely making another clicking-oriented major update soon.

Anyways, hello.

Huh? You can boost your clicking above 25? How?

Your first buff will be at either 2500 Hand-Made coins or 32 1-UPs, and there are actually quite a few upgrades throughout... At least until the mid-game. If this was an ironic joke... >_<

Anyways, hello.
  • haagmanhaagman Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    any more updates planned?
    edited August 2014
    Oh damn, it's been 5 7 days since the last update! Well, then that means it's MAJOR UPDATE TIME!

Version 1.2 - Early-Game is smooth, Mid-Game is painful tho

*So much balancing, So much wow - Mostly in the mid-game. Clicking is now useful until the 1 Sextillion territory, the rest is still untested.
    -A septillion and a half nerfs
    -Yoshis now give only Yoshi Coins, and are more expensive, but give twice the Yoshi Coins as in 1.1
    -Warps and their upgrades are more expensive
    -Reality Converters cost 10 times less money, but produce 10 times less at the same time. Upgrades are cheaper. Unlocking a 1-sextillion building at 15 quintillion fortune sucks.
    -I seriously tried making a custom stylesheet JUST with font sizes adapted from Wall Destroyer to this game, but when i tested it, both of the three boxes's custom positioning were screwed up and the font sizes didn't even work. Converted back. :(
    -More nerfs
    -Three more clicking upgrades
    -AN ORIGINAL IDEA, FOR ONCE - a second tier of Manual-Building synergies.
    -More nerfs
    -Tier 4 and later upgrades are 10 times cheaper, even by though it seems like tier 12+ had Glow-In-The-Dark syndrome already. The other three tiers are cheaper too, but not by as much.
    -Yoshi Coin Clicking upgrades, and a totally not original conversion system
    -Some synergies were buffed
    -Reality and UNReality Warps, the Reality-Warp synergies were DRASTICALLY nerfed, as they were pretty much the most broken things in the game.
    -Probably a lot of things i still forgot
    -More nerfs
    -Last of all, more nerfs.

Still not much extra content. I'm thinking of making an extra content update next. The mid-game was pretty messy, but now it's a little better, i guess. Thanks for sticking with me so far, if anyone is still here. :P

Seriously, A LOT happened this update.

EDIT: 10? I actually meant 100. This was right before sleeptime, so i didn't got that right. :P

Anyways, hello.
  • CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving the update ;]

• FASTEST_MENNESTFASTEST_MENNEST Member Posts: 183 ✭✭
    This is one of my favorite IGM games. It's just behind Wall Destroyer and after Cookie Waster.
    That guy is doing absolutely nothing-Jerma 2013
    edited August 2014
    Version 1.2.1 - What the heck?

*Lol that was weird
    -Warps were giving 100 times more Yoshi Coins than intended, that was fixed.

Anyways, hello.
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    *yoshi11 -"Yoshis are <b>25 times</b> as efficient. <i>Yes please. (Note: They also have signature abilities when holding a shell on their mouth. a certain type can even fly.)</i>" -costs 2500000000000000000 yoshiCoins -unlocks at 500 yoshi -multiplies efficiency of yoshi by 2500% -named Colored Yoshis *yoshi14 -"Yoshis are <b>75 times</b> as efficient. 1-UPs and Gold Flowers are <b>5 times</b> as efficient. <i>Yoshis were seen eating the shells after holding them for thirty seconds. Maybe we should make an enhancement of this tier... As idiotic as it seems, it pretty much means they can sprout wings and fly as much as they want.</i>" -costs 2500000000000000000000000000000 yoshiCoins -unlocks at 1000 yoshi -multiplies efficiency of yoshi by 7500% -named I can hold forever *yoshi15 -"Yoshis are <b>100 times</b> as efficient. <i>Yoshis are afraid of castles? No more. Introducing... Courageous Yoshis!</i>" -costs 250000000000000000000000000000000000 yoshiCoins -unlocks at 1250 yoshi -multiplies efficiency of yoshi by 10000% -named Courageous Yoshis

All the yes.

BTW yoshi14 doesn't boost 1-UPs and gold flowers.
    Also yoshi15 should have "and ghost houses" after the "castles".
  • jenngra505jenngra505 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited August 2014
    I find the early game to be too fast paced.
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014