Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Disliking chrome (bad, bad browser)

AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,493Member, Friendly, Helpful, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Developer's Lounge
Crappy google team!

Anypony ever tried using transitions in your stylesheet? No? Well, when you plan to do so, then don't use chrome, because it doesn't work.
I tried to fade in some objects with opacity transitions, and since I don't know that much about css yet, I was working on it for over a week now, but it won't work, no matter what I tried. It kept simply "appearing" without ease fade ins. Now I came to the solution of the problem: It simply is chrome! I tried my game now on several other browsers. It works on EVERY browser, except chrome. After a little research, I found out that it is a bug they created in chromium 16. I'm now on chrome 35, and they didn't do anything to fix it. Pretty awesome work, google, pretty good work.
So, if you plan to use stuff like that in your IGM games, simply ignore chrome, it won't work at all. Use other browsers for testing.

Have a nice day and fuck chrome.
Post edited by Chisako on

Comments

• AuroyaNovoAuroyaNovo Posts: 5,493Member, Friendly, Helpful, Cool ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't get it

wat? You don't get what? That chrome is shit, or that I'm raging about it?

I don't understand why you're so animated about it

Because I was working on it for over a week now, and I am working on it with chrome the whole time, because chrome has the best performance for idle games on android. And I tried to fix this bug, because I thought I did something wrong, due to the fact that I'm new to css. So I'm upset, because it wasn't my fault at all, it is a problem chrome is causing due to the professional bugfixing ...
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Posts: 6,475Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    DasBloody said:

It works on EVERY browser, except chrome.

Use another browser ? (: Please don't punch me
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
    Gouchnox said:

DasBloody said:

It works on EVERY browser, except chrome.

Use another browser ? (: Please don't punch me
    I do that now, but it is still shitty. I simply don't understand why this doesn't get fixed in chrome, it is a major bug, since many websites use transitions, and it is no bug that is there since yesterday. It's common since over a year now, and every other browser can deal with it...

I'm only pissed because I wasted over 1 week of my time on this crap. I hope I don't meet anyone from the google team right now, since I don't wanna go to prison.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Posts: 1,243Member ✭✭✭
    Still, Chrome is the better browser...

ferra said:

Use javascript animations.

I don't know anything about JS, and that would require a bookmark to be used after opening the game. I want to avoid using more stuff than the actual game itself.
    I don't want that somepony finds the game anywhere, opens it and nothing is working because he/she is missing the javascript part.
  • iAMminchoiAMmincho Posts: 3,874Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    Chrome and other browsers use different syntax for using css animation.
    for example:
    the 'normal' syntax to define an animation is:
    animation: randomAnimation 5s;
    but for chrome (and a few other browsers) it is:
    -webkit-animation: randomAnimation 5s;

Still, Chrome is the better browser...

I was thinking that, too. It simply has the best performance on android devices, I found no other browser that keeps running smooth like chrome when playing CC. But since chrome fucks up my transitions, I can't use it for my game. I finish it now on opera, and maybe I can find a workaround after that, but since I want to make some progress now, I don't use chrome anytime soon now.
    Can you give me the source code of the stylesheet? I might find a solution.
    edited July 2014
    iAMmincho said:

Chrome and other browsers use different syntax for using css animation.
    for example:
    the 'normal' syntax to define an animation is:
    animation: randomAnimation 5s;
    but for chrome (and a few other browsers) it is:
    -webkit-animation: randomAnimation 5s;

But they all work with the transition part. I tried everything with that.

transition: opacity 2s ease; -webkit-transition: opacity 2s ease;

I use that to fade it in from a starting opacity: 0; to opacity: 1;
    should work just fine on chrome. Most stuff even should work without the -webkit- line, but the result on chrome is, that it simply doesn't display the container during the 2s of animation, and then abruptly puts it there on full opacity.

Edit: The stylesheet is here link deleted, due to keeping the secret of my game, my "testarea" for the transition stuff is starting in line 503.

Edit2: Btw, it doesn't work like it is now. I was testing with :hover first.
    Post edited by AuroyaNovo on
  • OldMammalOldMammal Posts: 7,448Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrome is best, though on mobile I prefer Puffin or Firefox, or on iOS Safari.
    edited July 2014
    I have no idea how 'transitions' work, but you can do it with just css animations:
    #clickable-introtext71.hidden { opacity: 0; -webkit-animation: animationName 2s; animation: animationName 2s; } @-webkit-keyframes animationName { from {opacity: 0;} to {opacity: 1;} } @keyframes animationName { from {opacity: 0;} to {opacity: 1;} }

this should work in almost all browsers (including chrome).
    Post edited by iAMmincho on
    iAMmincho said:

I have no idea how 'transitions' work, but you can do it with just css animations:
    #clickable-introtext71.hidden { opacity: 0; -webkit-animation: animationName 2s; animation: fading 5s; } @-webkit-keyframes animationName { from {opacity: 0;} to {opacity: 1;} } @keyframes animationName { from {opacity: 0;} to {opacity: 1;} }

How do you post in a box like that?
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Posts: 1,243Member ✭✭✭

iAMmincho said:

#clickable-introtext71.hidden { opacity: 0; -webkit-animation: animationName 2s; animation: fading 5s; } @-webkit-keyframes animationName { from {opacity: 0;} to {opacity: 1;} } @keyframes animationName { from {opacity: 0;} to {opacity: 1;} }

With < code> (remove the space).
    iAMmincho said:

It is working... it is really doing the job. Can I meet you in the "marry the user above" forum game?
    edited July 2014

iAMmincho said:

I don't get it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PurgePurge Posts: 2,003Member, Friendly, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014

iAMmincho said:

I don't get it.
    <code>(You code here)<1/code>
    Just remove the 1

""My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse
    edited July 2014
    Ok, chrome still doesn't get it. It is working just fine on other sites, but i can't make a animation where I manipulate the opacity in IGM. Colorchanges work, but no opacity. I stop this for today before I smash my tablet to pieces and try something else tomorrow.

Edit: and, btw, firefox CAN do that. Firefox can do everything. Use firefox, people, it is the future!
  • IdleGamesRockIdleGamesRock Posts: 2,854Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    No, Google is awesome, which means Chrome is awesome. If you hate Chrome, you'll get added to my hatelist.
    DasBloody said:

I hope I don't meet anyone from the google team right now, since I don't wanna go to prison.

I know some people who work at Google
    why is this a thing
    Well, I guess I'm going to use a simple colorchange then.

No, Google is awesome, which means Chrome is awesome. If you hate Chrome, you'll get added to my hatelist.

DasBloody said:

I hope I don't meet anyone from the google team right now, since I don't wanna go to prison.

I actually like chrome, too. But I don't understand why every browser except chrome can display animations with opacity in IGM.
    DasBloody said:

DasBloody said:

I actually like chrome, too. But I don't understand why every browser except chrome can display animations with opacity in IGM.
    That's CSS' fault for not supporting Chrome
    why is this a thing

DasBloody said:

DasBloody said:

Thats bs. And I hope you know that.
    DasBloody said:

DasBloody said:

DasBloody said:

Thats bs. And I hope you know that.
    It's all CSS because everyone loves Chrome
    Are you ready to be added to my hatelist
    Chrome is god
    Google is life
    All will bow to the grand, mighty Google
    Yes
    why is this a thing
  • ZyChromeZyChrome Posts: 858Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    you know since the first amendment is freedom of (responsible) speech you can say f- anyone and get away with it, don't expect a growing company that has reached 'apocalyptic' size to arrest you.

EDIT: noone is perfect, plus how do u create a script type to not work with something that doesn't exist yet? it was made b4 chrome was.
    Purge2202 said:

iAMmincho said:

I don't get it.
    <code>(You code here)<1/code>
    Just remove the 1

Like this?