Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Downloadable Version

CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in Suggestions
So you can download cookie clicker and play locally and you can check for updates and update and play the latest update like everyone else.

Comments

• Code14715Code14715 Member Posts: 174
    Once you load the game, as long as you don't close the tab, you don't need to be connected to the internet. To update either a downloadable version, or the browser version, would require internet, which makes a downloadable version extremely redundant.
  • CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well eventually it gets a bit laggy XD

• SnowyMysticSnowyMystic Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I think a downloadable version would be good because when you play browser games sometimes they get very laggy. If the game had its own engine and run by an app, not on browser it would be less laggy! If you tried the browser version for Minecraft, and then you played the actual downloaded game you would agree.
    "shrivel, writhe, throb, gnaw we will rise again" ~Grandma
  • CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know right :}

• RoyFuryRoyFury Member Posts: 10
    Only issue is the "offline version' that is already present that kills the already tiny pings the game has
  • OptiOpti Administrator, Game Dev, Server Operator Posts: 699 Admin

I think a downloadable version would be good because when you play browser games sometimes they get very laggy. If the game had its own engine and run by an app, not on browser it would be less laggy! If you tried the browser version for Minecraft, and then you played the actual downloaded game you would agree.

Minecraft is not coded in HTML5. Cookie Clicker is. Even a downloaded version of it would require a browser to run it.

As for apps, there's an android app in development.