Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Wall Destroyer

Comments

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 135Member ✭✭
    Tellurium said:

*Blabbersnip*

Clearly he means he got the Belgian group Imminent to develop music for the game :P

A secret chat group or even just a new thread marked for being spoiler-y is what I would like for 2.0

Otherwise people will have to use spoiler tags for what they're actually meant to be used for. *gasp*

Spoiler tags are meant to be for spoilers, but they're not exactly hard to reveal by accident. I've certainly spoiled myself before by not realizing I was hovering on it.
  • Paige_TurnerPaige_Turner Posts: 35Member
    Oh no, I agree with you. I think a separate area for spoilers would be best if there are going to be a lot of them.

I was just poking fun at the fact that like 90% of spoiler tags are not used for spoilers. :)

But seriously, how imminent is imminent? Should I be refreshing nonstop or should I go away and come back later?
  • TelluriumTellurium Posts: 5,359Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Mod
    edited July 2014
    Yeah spoiler tags kinda suck for actual spoilers. I prefer what some forums have which is the drop-down thingy that you actually have to click on.

Should I make a spoiler chat group or a spoiler thread? There are already two WD threads, but a chat group might not get noticed by everyone.

EDIT: For above: "imminent" in this case means "within the next 24 hours". I'm almost completely done with flavor, just have the three icons and some final checks to do.
  • CalamityCalamity Posts: 15,094Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler Group Chat
    Compete with others to become the strongest of all! (Forum Game)
  • basketofpuppiesbasketofpuppies Posts: 2,296Moderator, Friendly, Helpful Mod
    Lelz I was going to do a hard reset anyway when the update came out so no probs here. Chat group for spoilers would be good. Not that that will actually keep people from spoiling on the thread.
  • TelluriumTellurium Posts: 5,359Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Mod

Lelz I was going to do a hard reset anyway when the update came out so no probs here. Chat group for spoilers would be good. Not that that will actually keep people from spoiling on the thread.

OK, good to hear :D

As for the spoilers... I'll try to enforce it.

If you or anyone spoils the flavor related stuff from WD 2.0 when it comes out I will revert all the changes and not put them back in for a week.

do you think I'm joking

(PS: 0.8/3 icons done)
  • ryan1227ryan1227 Posts: 229Member ✭✭
    After releasing 2.0, do you think you could update the changelog? It hasn't been updated in over a month.
    You get that Bridget out here before I blow us all to hell!
    And now, the one, the only, the final...

P

That last half-"images" is a recolor that I am too arted-out/sleepy to do.

Wall Destroyer 2.0 will be released tomorrow within 30 minutes of 1:00 PM, PST. (go look up your time zone's equivalent if you don't know it)

Please rewind time (AND DO NOT BREAK ANY BONUS WALLS) before receiving the update, and do not spoil any flavor or images when you do.

I'm going to create the spoiler-discussing group chat when I wake up tomorrow. Anyone who wants to be in, tell me in this thread or in a PM. Remember, the 2.0 experience will be much more fun without any knowledge of the new stuff beyond the changelog! I recommend only joining the chat if you got Tryhard or almost did, so the people in the chat will be at roughly the same place. Or of course, if you simply do not care about spoilers/plot at all. (I do not recommend that lifestyle)

Note that the spoiler group chat is still not a place to just dump all the spoilers in the game out plain (or at least the flavor spoilers, gameplay spoilers are okay), but just for discussing the game as you play it.

P.S. ^Updated the changelog, thanks for the reminder.
  • iAMminchoiAMmincho Posts: 3,874Member, Flagger ✭✭✭
    I want to be in that group, broke 23 bonus walls.
  • 100lol100lol Posts: 1,762Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭
    iAMmincho said:

I want to be in that group, broke 23 bonus walls.

im in that group already anyways
    Tellurium said:

P

Wall Destroyer 2.0 will be released tomorrow within 30 minutes of 1:00 PM, PST. (go look up your time zone's equivalent if you don't know it)

Please rewind time (AND DO NOT BREAK ANY BONUS WALLS) before receiving the update, and do not spoil any flavor or images when you do.

I'm going to create the spoiler-discussing group chat when I wake up tomorrow. Anyone who wants to be in, tell me in this thread or in a PM. Remember, the 2.0 experience will be much more fun without any knowledge of the new stuff beyond the changelog! I recommend only joining the chat if you got Tryhard or almost did, so the people in the chat will be at roughly the same place. Or of course, if you simply do not care about spoilers/plot at all. (I do not recommend that lifestyle)

Note that the spoiler group chat is still not a place to just dump all the spoilers in the game out plain (or at least the flavor spoilers, gameplay spoilers are okay), but just for discussing the game as you play it.

DAMN, TOMOROW!? NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Insert something purposely unfunny here
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Posts: 1,243Member ✭✭✭
    Tellurium said:

P

Argh, I hate time zones! So if I understand correctly, it will be released in roughly 11 hours, right?

And am I okay if I bank up my Wall damage but do not destroy bonus walls? Because I want to buy some more upgrades before my first reset, and maybe break at least one or two bonus walls after the 2.0, if that's possible..?
  • BigcubefanBigcubefan Posts: 539Member ✭✭
    I got tryhard and would love to be in the chat group. :)
    You cannot hide. I see you. There is no life in the void. Only death. ~Sauron
    I'm so close to tryhard but I think I can't get it pre 2.0 :( Hopefully I can get the 500 grenademen upgrades pre 2.0
    500 grenademen isn't even that good. Hardly any boost. Same goes for the 500 gendaemen/swordmen synergy.
    yes but there aren't any other upgrades I could get before 2.0, so I'll just hope I can get these 2 upgrades.
    edited July 2014
    how much does the 350 demons upgrade cost? I maybe can get that one if I click a lot.

EDIT: looked it up in the pastebin, it cost 666 quadrillion
    I need around ~1 quintillion bricks to buy the last few demons
    I need to click around 10K times, which is doable

Also note to myself: Don't forget that there's a sell button.
  • RedCookie6666RedCookie6666 Posts: 2,052Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭

500 grenademen isn't even that good. Hardly any boost. Same goes for the 500 gendaemen/swordmen synergy.

I didn't know there was a new building called gendaemen that synergized with swordsmen.
    RedCookie6666 here, wishing I could post more.
    ...Eh, whatever. Very little happens on the forums these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be able to reset as I can't access WD :(
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

I didn't know there was a new building called gendaemen that synergized with swordsmen.
    Well, now you know.
    So that upgrade for 350 demons cost 666 quad bricks, perfectly fine for me, but it also cost 6.66e+27 cash... well I won't be able to get that upgrade pre 2.0
  • lennonluiz0907lennonluiz0907 Posts: 2,818Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, that means it's coming in 330 minutes? OH GOD YES.
    The best people in the world are the ones that try to make others feel better about life.
    The best feeling in the world is seeing someone smile for the first time in a long time.
    The best moment in the world is when you hear a heartfelt thank you.
    The best thing in the world is a hearty hug when you're feeling lonely.
    The best remedy in the world is helping others when you feel unable to help yourself.
    My body is ready. So is my tryhard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll want to be in the group. Broke the 25th wall twice.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZytmaZytma Posts: 209Member ✭✭
    I just broke the 26th wall, can I join the group of tryhards?
  • Paige_TurnerPaige_Turner Posts: 35Member
    Ooh, can I join your special club? I've broken 27 bonus walls :) I don't think I'll get #28 before this afternoon... I need 53.687 Octillion and I've only got like 8. I probably won't post there until I've done a bunch, but I like to be included :D
  • PTpirahnaPTpirahna Posts: 251Member ✭✭
    Tellurium said:

P

This means that from this post it will be be released in 2.5 hours?
    do you notice this text
  • LethrblakaLethrblaka Posts: 1,243Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    If my calculations are right, of course because they always are which probably isn't the case, 2.0 will be released in approximately 1 hour from this post!

HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!
  • OldMammalOldMammal Posts: 7,448Member ✭✭✭✭✭

If my calculations are right, of course because they always are which probably isn't the case, 2.0 will be released in approximately 1 hour from this post!

HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

Don't trust that.

HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

Don't trust that.
    HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!