Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Wall Destroyer

Comments

• TagrinethTagrineth Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    But now this game will not have a late game because buildings will take several hours [i]each[/i] to buy.
  • LauraLaura Member, Internet Detective, Friendly, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tellurium said:

Sorry everyone, it was a necessary evil to defeat the legendary monster that was late-game clicks

are you kyubey?
    so saaaad... i am really far from defeating the first wall!
    how can i speed up this without an autoclick?
  • ThatDudeThatDude Member, Wiener Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭✭
    Tagrineth said:

But now this game will not have a late game because buildings will take several hours each to buy.

Fixed.
    people have stars in their names now apparently
  • TelluriumTellurium Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Posts: 5,398 Mod
    Tagrineth said:

But now this game will not have a late game because buildings will take several hours [i]each[/i] to buy.

There's no late game because I haven't put any features beyond the third wall yet. Also clicking was in fact a monster that needed to be defeated. It's called an idle game not a clicking game.
    Tellurium said:

Tagrineth said:

But now this game will not have a late game because buildings will take several hours each to buy.

There's no late game because I haven't put any features beyond the third wall yet. Also clicking was in fact a monster that needed to be defeated. It's called an idle game not a clicking game.
    Right but even the lategame buildings you have in the game now are completely unrealistic to get - for example pretty much any 300 tier upgrade is totally unreasonable, let alone the 350s.

What I'm saying is rather than nerfing the stuffing out of clicks you should be bolstering some of the building upgrades so they can start ramping up. IMO.
  • MusashidonMusashidon Member Posts: 76
    yea that was a pretty big nerf, was clicking 24tril which was 24 times my dps.

now i only click 3 xD ouch. oh well gives me more reason to stop clicking and just idle XD
    edited May 2014

hey dude

y u no got 300 stuffs?
  • TelluriumTellurium Friendly, Cool, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist, Turquoise Posts: 5,398 Mod
    Wait...

we have a situation... that isn't in the code

Tellurium said:

Wait...

we have a situation... that isn't in the code

DUH

UH

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
    I'VE DISCOVERED ANOTHER CONSPIRACY
  • DiMonoDiMono Member Posts: 216
    Can I just ask, where the hell were you guys getting your hand punch numbers from? Without refreshing to get today's updates, I have 300 punchers, 250 clubbers and swordsmen, 200 gunshooters and grenademen, 150 wrecking balls and bulldozers, 100 airstrike callers, 41 necromancers, and 75 titans, and all available upgrades except for brain surgery and final team up, and my clicks are only worth 591 billion - compare with my titans, worth 1.08 trillion DpS. Either you guys have been lying/mistaken about how powerful your clicks are, or you know something I don't know.
    It's okay, I'm here now.

I use a GC and Reindeer autoclicker that also gives ~20 clicks per second on elder frenzies and click frenzies
  • MusashidonMusashidon Member Posts: 76
    laser brain surgery and final team up is a huge buff to your clicks per second meaning if you got final team up that would be 300% more clicking power then laser brain surgery which would be 2x more which realy adds up.
  • WightbulbWightbulb Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    I'm not sure whether I should keep playing this or wait until the updates stop flying in so that a) I don't have to refresh all the time, and b) there's actually meaningful stuff waiting after wall #3 and beyond. XD It's still so fun though!
    edited May 2014
    DiMono said:

Can I just ask, where the hell were you guys getting your hand punch numbers from? Without refreshing to get today's updates, I have 300 punchers, 250 clubbers and swordsmen, 200 gunshooters and grenademen, 150 wrecking balls and bulldozers, 100 airstrike callers, 41 necromancers, and 75 titans, and all available upgrades except for brain surgery and final team up, and my clicks are only worth 591 billion - compare with my titans, worth 1.08 trillion DpS. Either you guys have been lying/mistaken about how powerful your clicks are, or you know something I don't know.

I still haven't refreshed for the click nerfs, so here you go.

http://imgur.com/RSATiR9

(edit: I did however mistakenly refresh for nerfed Grenademen right after hitting 350, not that it matters because the upgrade itself costs 4 Sexillion which is fucking impossible)
    Wightbulb said:

I'm not sure whether I should keep playing this or wait until the updates stop flying in so that a) I don't have to refresh all the time, and b) there's actually meaningful stuff waiting after wall #3 and beyond. XD It's still so fun though!

Honestly, I would wait a week or two until I get all this balancing crap sorted out. :P
  • AngelsergiuboyAngelsergiuboy Member Posts: 144 ✭✭
    yey another nerf for clicking
    from 8 Quads to 0.8 Quads( 800 trillions)
    90% nerf ty
    WAS a nice game.
    InsertIPAddress is 15 characters too long.
    InsertIPAddress is 14 characters too long.
    GJ. the best forum.*sarcasm lvl over 9000*
    I can't post anything because of that.
    I have to reconnect 50-100 times only for 1 post.
  • 100lol100lol Member, Wiener Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭

100lol said:

i like dis game :3

but the game doesnt like you.
    blabla... you dont know what game does like or not THEY DONT TALK YU STUPID LIAR THAT IS ANNOYING!
    Lol, MAXIED GOT SMOKIED GOT WEEDIED!
  • TFU_SatronTFU_Satron Member, Friendly, Cool, Flagger, Conversationalist, Funny Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100lol said:

100lol said:

blabla... you dont know what game does like or not THEY DONT TALK YU STUPID LIAR THAT IS ANNOYING!
    OBJECTION!

you cant prove that i lied.
    What is life? Is it nothing more than the endless search for a cutie mark? And what is a cutie mark but a constant reminder that we're all only one bugbear attack away from oblivion? And what of the poor gator? Flank forever blank, destined to an existential swim down the river of life to... an unknowable destiny?
  • basketofpuppiesbasketofpuppies Moderator, Friendly, Helpful Posts: 2,296 Mod

100lol said:

100lol said:

OBJECTION!

If you want to know if a person is lying or not. Someone who tells the truth will give a straight denial. I person who is lying attacks the evidence. ~coughtfucough
  • AlderiAlderi Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭

100lol said:

100lol said:

OBJECTION!

If you want to know if a person is lying or not. Someone who tells the truth will give a straight denial. I person who is lying attacks the evidence. ~coughtfucough
    That doesn't constitute a proof, though.
    Cette simple signature sifflant sans cesse semble s'arrêter si soudainement!
  • DiMonoDiMono Member Posts: 216
    I maintain that Titans need to be un-nerfed, and Grenademen need to be nerfed. Right now I have 275 fully upgraded grenademen and 125 fully upgraded titans, and my grenademen do almost half as much damage as my titans do - and my titans account for less than half of my total idle DpS. If you roll back the Titan nerf and lower the starting DpS on grenademen by 50%, I think the building costs and damage will be pretty well balanced (except for bricks and necromancers; that's a different animal entirely).

For hand damage, I think the problem isn't so much that the existing buffs are too powerful, it's that there's way too many of them late-game. With 400 punchers, there are 33 upgrades that affect hand punches. Among them, as of yesterday morning's game before they got nerfed because I refuse to update for the titan nerf out of principle:

The hand-punch-only (HPO) upgrades multiply hand punch damage by 1152
    The puncher-and-hand-punch (PAHP) upgrades multiply hand punch damage by 3072

I'd argue the HPO upgrades are entirely unnecessary, and can be removed. Then you can return the PAHP upgrades all to where they were before, and early game progress will be basically maintained while late game abilities will be significantly nerfed down to where they probably should be. Alternatively, if you want to keep the early game buffs, remove the last few HPO upgrades and remove the hand-punch effect from the last several PAHP upgrades to make up the difference. But I think removing the HPO upgrades entirely is the better solution.
    It's okay, I'm here now.

I use a GC and Reindeer autoclicker that also gives ~20 clicks per second on elder frenzies and click frenzies
    I'm working on an update that has two new buildings, one of which produces bricks. We'll see how the nerfing need is after that.
    Tellurium said:

I'm working on an update that has two new buildings, one of which produces bricks. We'll see how the nerfing need is after that.

I'm currently heeding your advice and waiting until updates slow down so that I can start over fresh without having to keep reloading the page. :p It's hard to wait though!
  • FlamesFlames Member Posts: 582 ✭✭

This game is seriously awesome! And very addictive at that. :P

hey, your that guy who comments on almost all of superjombombos videos!

Anti-Thanksgiving Collation Leader

I really don't understand what the qualifications of getting into a quote are. - Anon9mous
  • NigFewtonNigFewton Member Posts: 182
    Welp.

Just accidentally closed the tab with Wall Destroyer up. Then I had to reload with all the nerfs.

RIP clicking. It's been real.
    NigFewton said:

Welp.

Just accidentally closed the tab with Wall Destroyer up. Then I had to reload with all the nerfs.

Depending on just how long you've had that tab open, you also got buffed necromancers and probably a few other new upgrades as well. :D
  • NigFewtonNigFewton Member Posts: 182
    Wightbulb said:

NigFewton said:

Welp.

Depending on just how long you've had that tab open, you also got buffed necromancers and probably a few other new upgrades as well. :D
    I was able to reach upwards of 4 quad a second when I mashed the mouse and my 5 key with mousekeys setup. Now I can barely get over 600 trillion a second by clicking.

My DPS went from 6 trillion/second to 7 trillion/second after the update. Woo.
    NigFewton said:

I was able to reach upwards of 4 quad a second when I mashed the mouse and my 5 key with mousekeys setup. Now I can barely get over 600 trillion a second by clicking.

My DPS went from 6 trillion/second to 7 trillion/second after the update. Woo.

Updates are updates...you would've had to refresh anyway to get what's being added after the 3rd wall and beyond, so yeah!

Nobody likes nerfs, but not refreshing the page to avoid them kinda defeats the spirit of the gameplay, IMO. :/