Use the search function before posting a thread. A similar thread might already exist!
Cookie Clicker too merciful of cheaters?
  • I just want to know if the general public or the majority of the users of this game are totally okay with other people cheating in this game and how the fact Cookie Clicker kinda wants you to cheat to get these extra achievements...
    So am I one of the few who wants Orteil to completely ban cheating and block cheaters from playing or is letting them still play okay? An opinion and not a suggestion because I know if cheating was banned Cookie Clicker would lose a lot of players.

However I'm deeply offended by how they use disgusting means to achieve Cookies, when Cookies is love, Cookies is life. Cookies is my social life, cookies is my entire life.
    Post edited by Opti at 2013-09-15 21:15:44
  • atheistcanuckatheistcanuck
    I don't cheat, but I don't see a problem with other people cheating really, not like it's a competition or anything. Whatever floats your boat.
  • There's no leaderboard yet so who cares?
    “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.”
  • AutoClickerAutoClicker
    >To get these extra achievements
    See, that is a shadow achievement, nothing good, no milk.
    It's useless, and besides, cheaters can play. As long as they don't pass off what they've done as a legit run.
    http://prntscr.com/1ripjm
    ^ This is what i've done, with no cheats. I did a cheated one, but actually had hard reset and played legit. Like I said, cheating is ok, but just don't try to pass it off as a legit run.
    (The one day is wrong, it's from the new update. I've actually been playing for weeks now. c:)
    *Click*
    *Click**Click*
    *Click**Click**Click*
    *Click**Click**Click**Click**Click**Click**Click**Click**Click**Click**Click**Click**Click**Click**Click*
  • ferraferra
    Cookie Clicker kinda wants you to cheat to get these extra achievements..

There is only one achievement which requires cheating. True neverclick can be obtained with golden cookies.
  • CookieDoughCookieDough
    They only cheat themselves, so I don't really care about it. At least I know I've earned the cookies the hard way so it counts more to me! ^^
  • BronypowerrBronypowerr
    ^post above

And alos theres not alot you can do agisnt cheaters, and its a web game which makes it soo much harder
    Steam - Sean bean
    England, Sheffiled
  • OptiOpti
    Moved to Cookie Clicker General Discussion
    Tumblr

"FASTER MENNER!!!!" - Idler
    "I demand Opti." -Sleipnir
  • SeaFoamSeaFoam
    The cheater's cookie is baked with children's tears and sin.

Hell-risen grandmas prove much less insulting.
  • RachelRachel
    The game is open source javascript, it's impossible to prevent cheating.
  • NiskNisk

There's no leaderboard yet so who cares?

And there never should be a leaderboard, ever. It would be completely meaningless. Perhaps the ability to compare with a few friends would be worthwhile.

There is literally no good way to stop cheating anyway. It would require an always-on connection to the server, which everyone would hate. And for people like me, looking at Orteil's code and messing around with it is where a lot of the fun comes from.

Although I do hate the "Cheated cookies taste awful" achievement. It causes conflict between my desire to 100% the game and my desire to play it completely legitimately.
  • Leifytwig123Leifytwig123
    Nisk said:

Although I do hate the "Cheated cookies taste awful" achievement. It causes conflict between my desire to 100% the game and my desire to play it completely legitimately.

Me too, I had the same qualms.

The best way I could think of doing it was doing a soft reset, cheating in 1 cookie, and then soft reseting again.

Although it still pains me to think that one of my cookies is digusting... ;_;
  • HalfmoonCookieHalfmoonCookie
    Am I an awful person for cheating in shadow achievements? I've been playing the game legitimately, I just wanted those shadow achievements because they look pretty.
    "You may catch more flies with sugar than with salt, but both are required in baking."
  • cookiecookiecookiecookie
    Rachel said:

The game is open source javascript, it's impossible to prevent cheating.

• CheatedCookieCheatedCookie
    i find starter post a bit (a lot!) disturbing as if OP denies my existence.

Nisk said:

And for people like me, looking at Orteil's code and messing around with it is where a lot of the fun comes from.

this.

Nisk said:

duh!
    Post edited by CheatedCookie at 2013-09-15 22:40:13
  • RachelRachel
    my desire to 100% the game

:|
  • cookiecookiecookiecookie
    Nisk said:

You could just cheat in the achievement itself. I think it's Game.Win('Cheated cookies taste awful').
    Post edited by cookiecookie at 2013-09-15 23:06:45
  • GrandsonGrandson
    I hate the fact of cheating.. I've been using cookie monster for a while now and I dont consider it as a cheat, even though it helps ALOT to get the big cookies! :D but with cookie monster as my only script I've earned 30Q all time :) Progress is much funnier without cheats!
    if cookies aint the answer, you just asked the wrong question!
  • amalathamalath
    As long we don't have a leader board full of cheaters, I don't care how people play their game. Some people enjoy infinite ammo, others cheat their way into lots of cash in sims... and some just want cookies.
    So I heard you like clicking.
    imageimageimage
  • atheistcanuckatheistcanuck
    even though I am OCD I don't feel any particular desire to get the cheated cookies achievement, I guess my OCD about not cheating on these kinds of games is stronger then my desire to get 100 percent completion.
  • GrandsonGrandson
    I just used the achievement cheat: Game.Win('Cheated cookies taste awful')

I can live with myself by doing that :)
    if cookies aint the answer, you just asked the wrong question!
  • The_Wise_CookieThe_Wise_Cookie
    I don't like to cheat, not even use Cookie Monster. I have more fun playing it vanilla. And because leaderboards right now doesn't exist in Cookie Clicker, I'm fine with people cheating in any way. If leaderboards are added I would preffer to have an anti-cheat system for the people who really want to have a "good" position.
    Without leaderboards, the game would still be awesome for me.
    Hey you! Look at my Profile Pic. That's me and some friends :P
    I'm the one at the center. The cookie with more chips ;D

• WhitenoiseWhitenoise
    The game should have a bunch of little things that actively reward cheating. That would be funny.
  • brnbrn
    To me , cheating in a game like this is like reading the last page of a detective novel to see who's done it. It's totally useless (much like the game itself)
  • MarakMarak
    You can't stop cheating in a single player game. Someone will make cheats, and others will use them to suck out of the fun out of the game after about an hour, at which point they'll stop playing, never to return.

It's a sad state of affairs, if you ask me, but it happens every single time. You just have learn to live with it.
  • IrvalFirestarIrvalFirestar
    Marak said:

You can't stop cheating in a single player game. Someone will make cheats, and others will use them to suck out of the fun out of the game after about an hour, at which point they'll stop playing, never to return.

Cheating is the only way to win Cookie Clicker.

We've been playing it wrong the whole time.

*girls are realizing, please wait warmly*
    sigimage.php?u=632574&t=212997&b=rainbowdash2
  • GunnerWolfGunnerWolf
    I cheated once for the lulz, I exported my save first, then reset (soft reset) after cheating and had 3 billion heavenly chips, then the game wouldn't import my save for some reason so I started again :/

also

^post above

And alos theres not alot you can do agisnt cheaters, and its a web game which makes it soo much harder

Totally unrelated to everything said here, but why are you my clone?
    It just so happens I'm a brony from sheffield who loves sean bean....
  • MagickyakMagickyak
    I'm not a fan of cheating at all. I used the "make a golden cookie appear" cheat in order to unlock the shadow achievement, but then I didn't click the golden cookie that appeared =) But yeah, if someone else wants to cheat in their own game it's not an issue to me since there is no ranking system or anything. I just feel more accomplished in my game without using autoclickers or cookie boosts.
  • Cookie_MonkeyCookie_Monkey
    Cant see any sense in cheating in a game like this, even tho i dont care if some want to go the cheat-lane!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.