Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

How Close Are You to Bicentennial?

Comments

• MystMyst Posts: 18Member
    Does anyone legitimately have Bicentennial? And with legitimately I mean 100% vanilla, no auto of any kind. Preferably non of those GC/Reindeer timers either.
  • ZytmaZytma Posts: 209Member ✭✭
    Myst said:

Does anyone legitimately have Bicentennial? And with legitimately I mean 100% vanilla, no auto of any kind. Preferably non of those GC/Reindeer timers either.

Both Hfuhruhurr and Paulygon was 100 % vanilla. I used timers myself.
  • 2dextreem2dextreem Posts: 19Member
    I'm 100% vanilla. No timers, addons, auto-clickers, nothing.
  • AurelianoAureliano Posts: 84Member
    Myst said:

Outside of using Cookie Master for audio alerts and timers a few months ago for a couple weeks, me. Since an update well before Easter (maybe it was Valentine's day?) when the audio alerts broke I've been vanilla.
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    Myst said:

I was 100% legit. No automation, timers, alerts, etc. The only "mod" I have shows me things that are easy to find out (so it saves me a couple minutes of calculating FL bank and duplicating tab to see how much I have in wrinklers couple times per day).

And, as was mentioned above, @Hfuhruhurr doesn't even use something like this. Not sure about @Paulygon though.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • AurelianoAureliano Posts: 84Member
    Question for post-Bicentennialites:

Do you buy any more buildings after reaching that mark? Or bank cookies to use the chocolate egg after a week or so of playing? Trying to figure out whether I should buy more, or just hold onto my cookies. If I bought them, I'd only get half (well, 57.5%, I believe) back when selling them all before the reset. Better to skip the relatively small increase in order to gain a lot more cookies with the egg?
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator Posts: 576Member ✭✭
    Aureliano said:

Do you buy any more buildings after reaching that mark? Or bank cookies to use the chocolate egg after a week or so of playing? Trying to figure out whether I should buy more, or just hold onto my cookies. If I bought them, I'd only get half (well, 57.5%, I believe) back when selling them all before the reset. Better to skip the relatively small increase in order to gain a lot more cookies with the egg?

I buy enough of every building so that the next one costs 1 sext minimum. I end up with:
    327 Cursors
    314 Grandmas
    302 Farms
    289 Factories
    281 Mines
    271 Shipments
    259 Alchemy Labs
    244 Portals
    213 Time Machines
    200 ACs
    200 Prisms

for a total of 2900 buildings. Then I just let it happen and save everything for choco egg. Probably not the most efficient, but that's how I roll.
    I held my cookies. But you can actually find out whether buying will make you more cookies in the end. You simply need to calculate payout time:

This will show you how many seconds you will need to spend idling with 10 wrinklers to make up for cookies you could've gotten from CE if you didn't buy the building. Obviously, active play can reduce this significantly, but no one but you knows how much, so you'll have to approximate this yourself.

Also, if you're not afraid of console, I have a simple script that will spew the times for each building back into console, nicely formatted to boot:

function Pay(){ for(i in Game.Objects){ with(Game.Objects[i]){ var sec=(getPrice()*0.05)/(cps()*Game.globalCpsMult*6.275); if(Game.frenzy > 0){sec*=Game.frenzyPower} var min = Math.floor(sec/60); sec = ('0'+Math.floor(sec%60)).slice(-2); var hour = Math.floor(min/60); min = ('0'+min%60).slice(-2); var day = Math.floor(hour/24); hour = ('0'+hour%24).slice(-2); console.log(''+day+' days, '+hour+':'+min+':'+sec+' \t— '+name) } } } Pay()
  • Paulygon104Paulygon104 Posts: 368Member ✭✭
    I have have used various informational add-ons at times, like Shylight, but no timers, no alerts, no autoplaying measures.
  • HfuhruhurrHfuhruhurr Posts: 466Member ✭✭
    No timers or add-ons or any of that. Anything I want to calculate that the game doesn't do for me is done on a spreadsheet or manually.

I've considered different methods with the chocolate egg. On my spreadsheet, I was already calculating wrinkled idling CPS and hours remaining until my HC target for reset. So with that formula @Shylight posted, it is pretty easy to plug in and see how many more of anything I should buy, assuming I will reset at my HC target.

No timers or add-ons or any of that. Anything I want to calculate that the game doesn't do for me is done on a spreadsheet or manually.

I've considered different methods with the chocolate egg. On my spreadsheet, I was already calculating wrinkled idling CPS and hours remaining until my HC target for reset. So with that formula @Shylight posted, it is pretty easy to plug in and see how many more of anything I should buy, assuming I will reset at my HC target.

Yup, I tried to make it spreadsheet-friendly :P
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,384Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should tweak the formula a bit, to account for selling the building before using Chocolate egg.
    erdbeere said:

I think you should tweak the formula a bit, to account for selling the building before using Chocolate egg.

Ah. You're right. And now I feel stupid.

function Pay(){ for(i in Game.Objects){ with(Game.Objects[i]){ var sec=(getPrice()*0.02125)/(cps()*Game.globalCpsMult*6.275); if(Game.frenzy > 0){sec*=Game.frenzyPower} var min = Math.floor(sec/60); sec = ('0'+Math.floor(sec%60)).slice(-2); var hour = Math.floor(min/60); min = ('0'+min%60).slice(-2); var day = Math.floor(hour/24); hour = ('0'+hour%24).slice(-2); console.log(''+day+' days, '+hour+':'+min+':'+sec+' \t— '+name) } } } Pay()
  • 2dextreem2dextreem Posts: 19Member
    If only 5% wasn't such a small number. Even if you had 1 septillion in the bank, you would only get 50 sextillion, which if you're at the point where Bicentennial is within reach, isn't a whole lot. In my opinion, the difference between banking cookies and getting them back from reselling buildings isn't big enough to make me care. Instead, I have a different plan for Cookie Egg.

I do pledging, relying on Frenzy Luckies for the bulk of my cookies, and when it comes time to buy that 200th Prism, I already have 100 sext saved up. So it makes sense to me to spend the Chocolate Egg then, get an extra 5ish sext leftover so my bank is built up to get the most out of those Luckies, and I feel the boost from that Prism upgrade right away, instead of spending another half hour buffing up my bank the normal way.
    2dextreem said:

If only 5% wasn't such a small number. Even if you had 1 septillion in the bank, you would only get 50 sextillion, which if you're at the point where Bicentennial is within reach, isn't a whole lot.

If you have 1 sept in bank but not Bicentennial... What the hell are you doing?
  • WaniWani Posts: 82Member
    Just hit 190 Prisms. I wanna say I'm in the home stretch, but y'know, still got another 480ish Sx to make. >_< So I'm about a third of the way there?
  • GriphyGriphy Posts: 111Member ✭✭
    Myst said:

I've got it legit; can't even open the console on my tablet, lol.
    Aureliano said:

Do you buy any more buildings after reaching that mark?

Just prisms. I stick at 320, 300, and 200 for everything else.
    On my computer, I use a GC autoclicker, and a big cookie autoclicker running at 10 clicks/second (only during click and elder frenzies).
    My tablet is completely legit.
    If I post my stats or something like that, I'm talking about my tablet, unless otherwise stated.
  • MoemMoem Posts: 42Member ✭✭
    188 ACs, 158 prisms. In other words, I'm nowhere near.
  • SimonDrakeSimonDrake Posts: 30Member
    Don't forget, the last 5 cost as much as the first 195.
    If you're at 180 you're not nearly there, you're 1% of the way there.

I'm still working on 200ACs
    I got to 180 before my most recent reset, only 165 at the moment.
  • QueenieQueenie Posts: 68Member ✭✭
    Got Bicentennial (back) a couple of days ago. Will reset at 2 million HC to go for the cursor achievement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    Whoa people are still talking about bicentennial? I thought it'd be derailed by now. Anywho, I'm nowhere close, if you count like up to shipment as close then yeah, but that's it.
  • ZytmaZytma Posts: 209Member ✭✭
    Queenie said:

Got Bicentennial (back) a couple of days ago. Will reset at 2 million HC to go for the cursor achievement.

If you are talking about the 400 one, don't bother.
  • Starwulf99Starwulf99 Posts: 229Member ✭✭
    how much will 400 Cursors cost anyways? Been wondering that for a while.

If I remember right, about 190 septillion total.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    I will buy 400 cursors eventually, mark my words, IT WILL HAPPEN!

If I remember right, about 190 septillion total.
    Yup. 190.167 septillion. So it's not something you can go at with merely 2M HC. I think, there's a chance if you have 200M.
  • TemporalfluxxxTemporalfluxxx Posts: 95Member ✭✭
    I'm on 195 Prisms with roughly 1.5 million HC's..... Should i reset? I'll have about 1.8mil afterwards... or is it more worthwhile waiting it out till Bicentennial?
    Fear Me. I Am The Destruction Of Innocence. I Am The Violence Embedded In Flesh. I Am The Pain In The Bones Of The Mortal Shell. The Dark Heart Of The Earth
    I AM HELL.

I'm on 195 Prisms with roughly 1.5 million HC's..... Should i reset? I'll have about 1.8mil afterwards... or is it more worthwhile waiting it out till Bicentennial?

Eh, you should be able to get Bicentennial quite easily at this point.