Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Really weird story generator

PlotDevicePlotDevice Posts: 103Member
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
link

The first chapter of a really strange story. The premise is two friends are summoned to a strange kingdom (where they've been before) in order to help repel an invading army. The whole thing is sort of a meta-reference to Twisp and Catsby style story telling (obscure words and Victorian grammar).

Pretty strange one, but hopefully entertaining.

Comments

• ThatDudeThatDude Posts: 6,316Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭
    wtf

And so we answered the summons and returned to the lands where our services had previously been secured; Myself, and a certain horse I knew. The country of the craziest nobles, and its surrounding lands of Blee were familiar to us, but unexpected in their metamorphosis. The major roads (as well as their tributaries) were overrun by scallywags. ‘Squamata!’ decried my equine companion.

Even more so than our lunar expedition, unraveling this Gordian Knot would require refreshment. We stopped at first change at a wayside soda shop, the sign above proclaimed simply, ‘RAVING GOAT’ and nothing more. Inside was a man playing a Hmong Harp (Double-tongued ethereal brass mouth harp) constructed from scavenged materials. The man was the proprietor and his music was a harbinger of the meal to follow.

"Pad Thai," my friend submitted.

"Pizza Roll," said I.

“Scoff,” was his reply as he indicated a sign informing us of the negotiable items.

“Chicken!” was the revised order from us both in tandem.

As we awaited our comestibles our discourse turned to metaphysical philosophy, my comrade doing most of the expository interjection with his prescient application of obscure nouns. He is a bastion of sly references and a font of knowledge. ‘Botanical’

When our meal arrived, it was with a condiment which I have never before, or never again stumbled upon. A simple jar labeled ‘Wonderful’. Unfortunately, it was not.

Refreshed, our journey to the palace began anew with a renewed singularity of purpose. The sun had set, and by the light of the blood-red moon we picked our way through the rocky outcroppings (avoiding ominous altercations, as well as unplanned Defenestration) toward our destination.

We had travelled many miles and yet a sign indicated that the miles left were numbered that of 61. We would need to find a place to lie our heads; lodging and in the morning, faster transportation. Perhaps a polar bear mount would be available, as they are known to be quite swift.

An Inn was required, and for simplification of narrative we shall merely state that a man who called himself Edward Bernays assisted us in finding a room in a nearby village. ‘Polemic!’ came the assessment of my equine traveling companion, the horse.

“Before turning in we stretched out on our backs and peered skyward in the grassy plot behind the inn and looked for constellations, as was our want. ‘Taurus’

"No, Ignatius," said I, "I think that perhaps that’s a small moon. Let's get some sleep."

people have stars in their names now apparently
  • PlotDevicePlotDevice Posts: 103Member
    On another note... was inspired to create a generator generator..
    It creates an idea for a generator that somebody could then go and make..

Here's what I've got so far:
    link

Example:
    A generator for delicious ice cream flavors available in a world run by robots:
    Mention details specific to the setting. Describe ingredients, flavor, color, and price. Bonus points for sprinkles.
  • IdleGamesRockIdleGamesRock Posts: 2,855Member, Flagger ✭✭✭

On another note... was inspired to create a generator generator..
    It creates an idea for a generator that somebody could then go and make..

Here's what I've got so far:
    link

Example:
    A generator for delicious ice cream flavors available in a world run by robots:
    Mention details specific to the setting. Describe ingredients, flavor, color, and price. Bonus points for sprinkles.

A generator for random story summaries for a mashup between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Adventure Time:
    The story summaries for should contain specific references to character, locations and themes for both shows. Bonus points for Lumpy Finn and Jake.

In•ter•est•ing...
    chernobyl