Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Craft Clicker

1235»

Comments

• KillAllRebelsKillAllRebels Posts: 233Member ✭✭
    I know there isnt its just i get bored of just sitting making (at times) over 500 of most things
    Look to the Cookie... well at least the Dark Side.
    can you make the "Fusion Stone Generators" Upgrade disappear like all the other upgrades when you get them?
  • InedibleInedible Posts: 112Member
    My next Copper Circuit Generator costs 23,409 Copper Circuits. I have 45 of them, producing 4.5 per second. That's 1 hour 26 minutes 42 seconds of production. Okay, I buy it and go up to 4.6 per second. Now from my point of view, I have an increase of 0.1 per second that I paid 23,409 Copper Circuits to buy. That means 234,090 seconds for my increased production to pay back the cost of buying the increase. That's 2 days 17 hours 1 minute and 30 seconds. That was basically the way it worked with Cookie Clicker, too - but often I would buy things that didn't pay me back for weeks.
    Completely given up on normal play. I totally cheated in some cookies in addition to my autoclicker and Frozen Cookies. Nor am I done cheating.

So you know how Power Tools were removed? what if instead we Had Tool Caches? Were for like 2 to start with Tools u can make a cache that gives like 5 P/s to start and the cost goes up and up so it doesnt cost such large amounts of wood to get high production rates.
  • laishioulaishiou Posts: 155Member ✭✭
    ok this explains it inedible you are basically ready for the next tier of items, the issue is im only releasing once per week in order to make sure everything is balanced enough as for the fusion stone generators, it was a bug i noticed when implementing the copper tier i have fixed it however you will only see this effect being applied when you reset which really isnt needed, regarding power tools, this would be interesting, not sure how exactly you want this done from what you have said however, just able to aquire the basic meaning if you could please elaborate more
    Ok ill try to explain it in as much depth as i can give.

So a new form or power tools (Caches?) Were in exchange for So many tools (either # of just ONE tool {EX Sword, Pickaxe, Axe} or a combination of them all) and like 1 coin( hopefully this wont go up as drastically as some things cost) you will get (production Value* 1.75(up to I would say 2.5) * The starting amount of Tools needed ( 4 is a good starting point)) the upgrades for this would make it 1.5 times as effective, and the second 2 or 2.5 times. so in the long run they would halp but it would be quite the curve where it starts REALLY good eventually turns to be bad but then you have so many that they do become effective and the fact that it costs coins would be balanced with you gain more Of whatever Resource so you can buy more of them
    edited April 2014
    i hope i have this right... you mean to say as an example

*PowerWoodSword
    -unlocks at 10 Sword
    -costs 10000 Coin, 1000 Wood
    -locks PowerWoodSword
    -multiplies efficiency of WoodSword by 175%
    -named Power Wood Sword

if this is correct it could be a good method to code it in and for using coins later in the game, i could create tiers to the degree ortiel has done or more, personally i was going to create tech tiers that unlock these types of things for all buildings, possibly removing wood wind generaters etc till people unlocked a new tech tier

ok i am now going to start programming in the tin tier, may not be finished till tommorow morning but can vary

as for plans, they are currently the following

address the energy issue of it being too easy early and too hard late game, i can make nerfs and balances but in the end it will make late game energy too hard to deal with, tech tiers may fix this a bit however they may not even be used at this rate, welcome to suggestions but this is the direction we need to go

fix power creep
    i actually liked having power creep in this game but it seems that everyone else is against me, in order to address this i can make items that autocrafter into higher tier when reaching a certain tech tier if they are to be used, the prestige system doesnt really fix power creep it just causes you to start on a clean slate with a small bonus and wont be implemented till we are really deep in the production of the game, once all the main tiers are finished. i can also create elements in this game that need the lower tiers as part of the conditions and possibly using lower tier tech to influence higher tier items, basically making wood tools more impactful in the late game, i still need other suggestions on dealing with power creep however those are my ideas

achievements if i can ever fix them ofc

seasonal events will come in by the prestige area, i am kind of taking the easy way out here, if i do put it in early ill have to do the same thing i did with that upgrade missing the new system when being designed to unlock them

also beta testers please make sure im not scaling the difficulty up to fast c:

edit update is out! have fun
    Post edited by laishiou on
    edited April 2014
    Well um no thats not what i ment but that also Definitly works i mean a Building taht takes A tool Building and gives only so much but you can buy alot of them so at some point ud need 30 of Whatever tool to get One of this building But taht wuold prob work too, to not make REsources such a hasel at times

Sorry my league game started that is why so shitty of a post xD
    ah i see now well whatever in general people prefer, most likely to start implementing tool changes by bronze tier so we have time to decide
  • MasterSparkyMasterSparky Posts: 14,633Member, Internet Detective, Helpful, Flagger, Idle Game Master, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014

That was rather unintelligible... :P

i stated that it was a bad post on my part, it was kinda hasty. I might clean it up if i find the time after i finish my Paper for school. but ya i know what you mean XD
  • ZyChromeZyChrome Posts: 858Member ✭✭✭
    the wood cell generator tooltip-
    -increases production of wood csssell
  • KeighvinKeighvin Posts: 3Member
    I skimmed but didn't see anything about my question, which might just mean I'm an idiot, but do autocrafters use up resources, or are they just free? Because I'm worried about building too many of them since I can't tell if they are slowing production at all.
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Posts: 9,633Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keighvin said:

I skimmed but didn't see anything about my question, which might just mean I'm an idiot, but do autocrafters use up resources, or are they just free? Because I'm worried about building too many of them since I can't tell if they are slowing production at all.

Free
1235»