Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Craft Clicker

Comments

• laishioulaishiou Posts: 155Member ✭✭
    edited March 2014
    good someone who helps with the nerfing area, applying now and further testing tommorow and yes those stone grants are actually different elements that are named the same each one provides access to further technology and are unlocked based on level, chisel stone costs 5 energy however i will make this change
  • KillAllRebelsKillAllRebels Posts: 233Member ✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Stone Axes Dont give stone.

Also the "Stone Geothermal Generator" Costs Energy, But nothing else, no citizens or Stone Circuits.

XD the "Create Stone Cell" Actually makes Wood Cells, But costs stone materials so ill stack up the other materieals and wait for it to be fixed.
    Look to the Cookie... well at least the Dark Side.
  • weisnixweisnix Posts: 40Member

*CreateStoneCell
    -"creates a stone cell for 5 infused stone and 5 chiselled stone"
    -gives 1 WoodCell for 5 InfusedStone, 5 ChiselledStone
    -named Create Stone Cell
    Stone cell clicker giving wood cell....
    bugs are fixed please refresh your game, stone geothermal generator i didnt realise but normally i fix it when my space key decides to not work so the items relating to them weren't registered and instead treated as the undefined errors as for stone cell to wood cell that was my error
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Posts: 9,633Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    I'm on the nerf side, unless I think things are too unfair.

The first Stone Grant should only cost 7500 coin and it should unlock an option to use energy, charge, wood circuit, and stone to make coins.
    I think this would do:
    *WoodCoin gives 100 Coin for 50 Energy, 50 Charge, 1 WoodCircuit, 5 Stone named Build Coins with Wood

Later stone grants should cost more Coin. (Maybe 12.5k for the third one and 15k for the fourth)

Also, make the second stone grant give this:
    *StoneCoin gives 1000 Coin for 500 Energy, 500 Charge, 2 StoneCircuit named Build Coins with Stone

Basically I want a use for the useless items.
    *CitizenToStone gives 1000 Stone for 1000 Citizen named Convert Citizens to Stone
    Post edited by 1234abcdcba4321 on
    personally i like the idea of getting upgrades being a slow process, just a bonus that makes use of extra coin, i think that i can agree in changing the stone grants and will do that, the idea of a stone coin though... possibly implementing coin tiers, i think though i could remove the coin passive from a city and make a device made to generates it and even a class for that later
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Posts: 9,633Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Oh, no, I wasn't suggesting coin tiers.
    I was just suggesting a way to use useless items to turn them into a useful one. (Coins!)

No, really, I was spending my time at level 23-32 just trying to get more wood to build more farms.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,964Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am at level 45 XD Can't wait for iron tier!
    What's a sig btw
    ok the way i see it, these items are not meant to influence the next tier much, doing this will make it too easy and we dont want a curve that goes easier as the game goes on, we can balance it to make this more difficult with the addition however personally i dont see it being a worthwhile feature

coins are useful, the upgrades you need take awhile to get and balance out with the amount you need to pay for each tier which is the aim, this can be adjusted if it is not so

what i may do is this besides balancing

autogeneraters for coins, delete autogeneration of coins from cities
    coin tiers, even though you didnt mention it i mean i like the idea, we can either make trillions of coins for upgrades later on, dont think it will really get there but we will see or i can divide it into coin tiers so you require say a stone generator to get to the next tier, if i do put in a generator of course i will put in a clickable to convert them, thinking for something of this scale it will be giving maybe 5-10ish per second as a base stat since its hard for such big conversions, if i do put any of this in i may also put in a class that influences coin generation directly

this is still all up for debate and anyone is welcome to argue these points

iron tier i hope to release about a week from stone, about enough time to make sure stone tier is balanced for official release and give people time to argue what they do want and dont want

well i dont have a hard time making coins b4 theupdate i got 12 coins/sec and only wished i could get rid of them xD and a Generator for coins? well maby but it needs to cost Coins, and Circuits but it should produce a low amount like .5 per and if there were different tiers for this it go up by like .7 or .5 everytime a new teir
    edited March 2014
    ok the new patch is in, opinons do i need to make coins produce even less faster?, please refer to the pastebin for this game for prices if you alrde have the upgrades btw

the one big issue im finding so far is that the merchant class people have to reset their game to choose their class properly, they can choose the merchant class when it is implemented into the real game and have it on top of their current class
    Post edited by laishiou on
    bumping, last chance to put in any issues people find before tommorow when i input the next tier
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,964Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    coins are fine. energy and charge still WAY too fast though.
    What's a sig btw
  • InedibleInedible Posts: 112Member
    Energy and Wood are the primary things slowing me down. Now Stone, too, is a restriction. Charge doesn't seem to be good for anything, with so many things producing it that I will never run out. Energy only has two things producing it and in short supply. I normally buy things for a couple seconds per day and have to wait for more Energy, Wood, and Stone to keep going.

Resources
    3,592,963 Coin (9.7/s)
    5,934,816 exp (212/s)
    1,521,572,134 Charge (10,987.5/s)
    2,225,624 Energy (694/s)
    16,056,881 Citizens (53/s)
    1,127,978 Wood (285/s)
    17,853,048 Chiselled Wood (60/s)
    8,391,663 Infused Wood (29/s)
    3,447,892 Wood Cell (12.7/s)
    42,894 Wood Circuit (5/s)
    343,365 Stone (59/s)
    8,212,153 Chiselled Stone (53/s)
    3,880,655 Infused Stone (25.5/s)
    1,784,308 Stone Cell (12.5/s)
    15,065 Stone Circuit (4.7 /s)
    Completely given up on normal play. I totally cheated in some cookies in addition to my autoclicker and Frozen Cookies. Nor am I done cheating.

edited March 2014
    see this is the thing, energy people seem to be using fine later on in the game, charge definetly due for a nerf unless i find a new feature to include for it

charge has now been nerfed, was i too harsh not harsh enough? you decide, in the future might rebuff charge slightly but put in more utility for it

this nerf seems to make early game make people spend some time upgrading charge production at first which is good not sure if it was too much though

copper tier added will expand on this after my lesson to explain changes and plans, likely to lack balance a lot in the new tier so far
    double posting since there seem to be so many posts on the forums now that my post cant keep up ._.

first things first, obviously i have now implemented copper tier into the beta

what i had noticed within the code is that there were many errors when i was programming it that no one had pointed out beforehand, any issues that i have noticed within the code have now been fixed though i may not have identified every small issue!

firstly within the copper tier i want beta testers all around to show how they are managing in terms of energy, if this energy issue is just late game and i need to do some rebalancing so that its not too op in the early game or something like that

there is the possibility that i will increase the price of citizens for buildings as it seems quite low, will need opinons on that, the main issue that i do have with the current scaling is that i have to decide when to make coin producers autoproduces slightly faster but not as fast as upgrade cost scales in order to make a slow difficulty change, this change will directly target mints

as for plans, items are going to be getting an upgrade by bronze tier, making each tier have more depth but only once you reach specific areas to upgrade them such as an axe being changed to a saw, there are only small plans so far however i am now agreeing that people just chuck out the old resources and treat them as useless besides increasing energy and charge production very slightly, achievements if they are ever going to work

once again thank you to all beta testers that have helped in this game so far
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,846Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭

Stone Axes Dont give stone.

Also the "Stone Geothermal Generator" Costs Energy, But nothing else, no citizens or Stone Circuits.

XD the "Create Stone Cell" Actually makes Wood Cells, But costs stone materials so ill stack up the other materieals and wait for it to be fixed.

Stone Axes aren't supposed to, Pickaxes are! :P
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    The copper thing sounded interesting, so I went back to the game. It takes stone coins to develop the new options and all I have are the regular coins. Either I need a way to convert my current money, or a way to get stone coins to go with it.
    Completely given up on normal play. I totally cheated in some cookies in addition to my autoclicker and Frozen Cookies. Nor am I done cheating.

edited March 2014
    the clickable to convert wood coins to stone should be working, is it not? and then some grants give access to mints unless its bugged so you have to actually click it after i edit the file to obtain them which most likely means resetting...

edit* one good thing that im going to add in this patch i guess are secondary unlocks or something like that, whenever i release new content for lower tiers i might need to release another unlock

bug is now fixed! enjoy
    It is working now. I have the stone mints up and running. It looks like they are producing about 3.4 stone coins per second. I say about because I plan to click some more stones to make more of them and I hope to have faster stone mints in about an hour. It costs 10,000 stone coins and there are 3600 seconds in an hour so I will have it in less than an hour even without buying more stone mints.

edited March 2014
    ok then so most of the upgrades are relatively easy from that point however keeping in mind that you already had a lot of resources to begin with and the lower tiers arent expected to take "that" long, i can extend the time it takes to reach these feats for lower tiers and just make it higher at higher tiers if people would prefer
    Well keep in mind that if u restart now it wont be as long as you will get this content much earlyer so it still be time but you need to do other things b4 getting to copper.
    Id like to Point out there is no Stone to Copper Coin Button.
    I have a convert stone coin button. It is next to forge copper.

Inedible said:

I have a convert stone coin button. It is next to forge copper.

Welp im a moron

see this is the reason difficulties are included, the issue is that there are going to be maybe 30 tiers total from my estimates, depending on the slope and what its at now, it may be a bit too harsh and likely to be made easier however if someone really finds an hour too long for a single tier then they should play easy mode, my thoughts if a majority of people however do think that its taking way too long then i will fix this, in general you should be able to unlock the mint of the next tier before needing to pay in that currency for grants so it shouldnt be too big a deal
  • sanitykillersanitykiller Posts: 49Member
    I have to admit. i started this in normal mode, thought it was horrible. then started over in easy mode and find it much much more enjoyable.
    Is it good ive reset 4 tiems now and these past 2 has been on hard?
    edited March 2014
    this isnt cookie clicker, you do not get prestige points via a reset, if all of you are starting to say however its too difficult for lower tiers then i may have to fix it, there is also the case of people just resetting because its too hard to get new items when thats because a new tier hasnt been released