Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Craft Clicker

Comments

• laishioulaishiou Posts: 155Member ✭✭
    am currently up to the upgrades section, dealing with lots of year 12 work this week however i hope to finish it today or tommorow then finish up on 2.0 beta where we can begin balancing normal difficulty
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,846Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    *waves around pathetic stone pickaxe* I need an upgrade...
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    Also, how does the Clicking Speed upgrade line effect my mouse? I am clicking but it is staying the same...
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    the clicking speed should multiply the resources that you get and consumer per click by the stated multiplier, further tiers including clicking for their tier and below so a wood mouse wont affect clickables for adamantite, this is seen to stop the effect of having to save up stupid amounts of resources just to get one click to start buying a certain resource
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,384Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The costs for auto powerers/chiselers are way too high. I mean, 30k clicks for automatic production?
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
  • EldubsEldubs Posts: 135Member ✭✭
    edited March 2014
    This is the first player made game i tried, and i dont know why didnt i stick to it harder. Its perfect of a game. I just wiped my save where i used autoclicker. Now i am starting a new afk save, where i just dug up 8 wood, and i wont click anymore at all. Lets see how long will it take to gather all the experience and all to complete the game. Il keep you guys posted!

Edit:

6 + 27 + 150 + 400 + 600 clicks done = wood axe + stone pickaxe + iron pickaxe + smeltery + gold pickaxe.
    Post edited by Eldubs on
    edited March 2014
    have fun c: and yes please stop telling me how its unbalanced currently im creating the last stages of 2.0 then debugging it, after that the 2.0 version will go through a real balancing, normal mode should be easy enough where people can get away without clicking after the balancing hard mode will still require clicking to a degree to get anywhere fast, easy mode should be for those who want to play really casual btw just to give you guys an idea when ive finished 1.0 mode it will be over 10k lines of code, the original one is exactly 1362 lines and should really be 1.2-1.1k since i dont actually use pictures, the 2.0 doesnt even have the line for pictures and its that much

edit* going to edit main page to give people an idea on progress
    How the hell do you get a wood circuit?
    if your playing the new version i have one last section of code to put in that allows people to actually unlock stuff before i start balancing, last i checked a combination of woodcell, infusedwood
    cant make woodcells nor circuits
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,384Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    laishiou said:

have fun c: and yes please stop telling me how its unbalanced currently im creating the last stages of 2.0 then debugging it.

Sorry...
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
    edited March 2014
    i am currently taking out the errors now, once they are out ill continue to out in the upgrade for unlocking further buildings, if you notice there are a lot of errors since i havent checked my code once since i started

edit* game should be fixed by the weekend having trouble finding most bugs
    Post edited by laishiou on
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,964Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should add a few things then TEST TEST TEST Then fix if necessary. THEN TEST
    What's a sig btw
  • KillAllRebelsKillAllRebels Posts: 233Member ✭✭
    I like Craftclicker ill keep popping in and check out progress on it tell us when the Wood cells/compacters are working again :)
    Look to the Cookie... well at least the Dark Side.
    On the original all the things are messed up and I had to reset....
    What's a sig btw
    edited March 2014
    wow i really fked up, accidentally saved the 2.0 over 1.0..., regarding the current client i think the best way to get around the issues im having is add in all things relating to the wood tier and make sure things are perfect aswell as managing balance before putting in the next part, in the official version i could give people something to wait for if people wanted it like that

edit* please use the beta for now, this has everything working for wood tier, also debating if you guys want the achievements and classes plus difficulty in the game early or if i just add it at the end, this is up to you the community, aswell as weather i release the main code with everything ive done or just with one tier at a time

please refresh ur game then reset and things will be in working order

edit again, found the issue with infusers and refreshing hopefully will be enough to fix that issue, i planed to make you start at a certain amount of circuits to buy the first generator but found this is stupid and better to just make it cost something else
    Oh.... The rest of the wood wasn't implemented? Sigh.... I thought I just needed crazy amounts of chiselled wood.
    What's a sig btw
    edited March 2014
    yes it is unfortunate that i have made these errors, either way let me continue out on the planned opperations since no one is commenting

so the first thing is that we are going to have one resource be put into the game at a time, give people something to wait for

the current thing im programming is the class system

i need any suggestions of things to nerf, the wood tier is supposed to be the easiest however we still want items to balance eachother out, just having it that buildings are easy to get initially

i understand that to create further power tools you require multiple regular tools, this kind of balances out anyway as the amount of wood you will be producing by then should provide enough tools to do this, unfortunetly unless anyone can suggest a way where the price does not go up by a percentage this will not be changed

in regards to acheivements, i am likely to put in a few hundred acheivements for just the wood branch, do keep in mind that there are 27 tiers plus the possible addition of more as time goes on, noteing this i can do two things

1. make all acheivements for a certain tier need to be obtained in order to increase production

2. make all the increases from having acheivements very minute so you get it straight away

one feature about upgrades that i will reveal for buildings is that everything not just mouse upgrades are going to include an upgrade to everything of its tier and below for the items it specifies

any other suggestions are always welcome, i do want to be releasing version 2.0 of this game soon so please assist however you can

please refresh the game for the classes and difficulty updates, reset your save if you wish to make use of them to their full potential
    How do I get Wood Cells?
    New game.
    ---
    Soundcloud
    edited March 2014
    Ok just to help out i will post what is needed for all the "Craftables" up to this point

Chisel Wood: 3 Wood, 2 Energy
    Infused Wood: 1 Chisel Wood, 5 Charge
    Wood Cell: 5 Chisel Wood, 5 Infused Wood
    Wood Circuit:, 5 Infused Wood, 5 Wood Cell, 5 charge
    Edit Ok the prices go up though eventually i don't know what triggers it, its not costing 7 of everything instead of 5 huh odd.

In regards to the achievements will this be something like milk? On a different note I would suggest adding them then we can give suggestions on what else to put in for achievements, but only do this for the wood tier for now, after a few more tiers are completed then its simply some slight editing and copy/paste since they will be the same achievements for every tier.

Also sorry for not being able to reply earlier i had some things that needed to be done this weekend.
    Well now i make about 10 of everythign per second so im just gona keep buying things and seeing how high i can make wood production also, With all uppgrades Electrice swords, picks, and axes are worse tehn the reg ones
    edited March 2014
    so how are they worse then the reg ones because the power ones receive the same amount of upgrades for the same percentages? if you can find this i will have to fix it

thinking for being tier 1 items i should make creating wood circuits easier in general, should nerf charge and energy production, maybe citizen havent explored that much yet

plans to maybe implement technology upgrades so for example axes over time can become saws but im thinking of leaving that for awhile down the track

currently programming achievements into the game and yes the system will be similar to milk though with this engine i have to cut corners and basically make an achievement link to an upgrade which costs nothing to increase production

only half the achievements are in so dont panic, my timetables ad other games i have to balance with them are kinda annoying, especially when i cant even get online till 4pm to check what people have replied with and australia, adelaide timezones
    well now the game wont load ill keep trying.
    edited March 2014
    hmm this was the same issue i got last time i tried to add achievements that did stuff, ill have to look at how other people are codeing it

edit untill this issue is resolved im keeping it out of the code, you should still have all your data

edit #2 if anyone has a suggestion to fix this and has tested it in another pastebin please tell me, after testing in another pastebin using the same formatting as other idle games have, it just doesnt seem to work and idk why

if this doesnt get resolved by tommorow ill most likely release the current update by tommorow after i fully deal with balancing

there is a lot of clicking to make the circuits for auto producers but once you have them it starts to become trivial in difficulty to create, do you guys agree with the difficulty or want it slightly easier, patch 2.0.2.1 is out check the games channalog for details
    edited March 2014
    i like it, it only took about 5 mins of my time to get a auto wood circuit then i just played League till i could get another then another now i get 4/sec, and it costs 17K for auto circuits so its good and the problem with pwer tools is this.
    Say it costs 4 Picks to make a power pick, now this power pick makes 2wood/sec but those picks make 1 each/sec so you go from 4/sec to 2/sec, i suspect there is a curve to this were at some point u have so many power tools and it costs so little after u change reg tools to power tools that it would balance out but even with all the power tools i had with the update i went from 205/sec, to 125/sec and i had like 40 power tools of each were as i have 70 picks and like 40 axes. so as i said they wernt to good you were beter off buy large amount of reg tools then trading them for power and buying more reg and at some point the would have been effective it just takes some time.

Edit: my wood picks do cost 400k wood thou so im missing power tools xD
    edited March 2014
    hmm i see well either way when i reimplement power tools im doing it in a different way to avoid the issue of requiring 1 of an item however scaling causes it to go up too much, now since it seems to be fine for afking with im going to release the current wood patch to the official version, start implementing stone stuff before the lesson will hopefully finish tonight
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Posts: 9,633Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    hmm when programming an element that unlocks stone, probably going to have to turn stone into a 4 part unlock based on level

so from what i remember there are 20+ resource tiers, what i want to do is make each tier take longer to finish however still not be too hard, this means that we have to make tier 2, stone harder then wood however just i dont want it pushed too much keeping in mind of how many tiers there will be

if anyone finds the source of an undefined error please tell me, going through the game myself now and if i cant find it ill go through the code
    edited March 2014
    I thought I lost my save then I remembered i was playing the overwritten classic version. I have 4 stone grants.
    EDT: charge gains WAY TOOO QUICKLY. Chiselling stone should be 8 energy instead of 1
    What's a sig btw