Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Craft Clicker

Comments

• EVECHARMEVECHARM Posts: 12Member
    edited February 2014
    Hmm if you could lower the cobolt chisier maker and make it used chiseled cobolt and lower the powered cobolt auto makers would help with the speed hump of all the clicking needed to start getting them them by itself.

Having a material be 3 tiers before a new one might be to great tho, At least in a row before the next one, Like just needing chiseled and normal to make mythil but still needing empowered for some building or the next tier up after,
  • laishioulaishiou Posts: 155Member ✭✭
    the point of doing that was to have devices that you would assume use power run on empowered materials, this is why i am keeping it as it is for now, made it easier to make mythril and adamantium also, you are right its a lot of clicking however, a lower price would be good and i may input that soon
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Posts: 9,633Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    ill go back and revise on this however when playing it i really didnt have an issue till gold taking awhile and then speedhumps after that were close but a bit more distant in the time it takes to get things setup, as for 2.0 i think i definetly have to find a way i can include autocrafters for 1 step higher tier items that make sense logically, it wouldnt make sense for diamond to be making autocrafters when you have empowered diamond running on electricity for example, its still in very early stages.
    The clicking speed doesn't seem to be working on the cobolt and mythril at all, getting one per click while I'm getting 7 wood per click
    thats the mouse function to stop people having difficulty getting like their first 50 cobolt and having to save up resources for 7 at a time its 1 at a time ill u get that tier and higher upgrades
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,964Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also smelting iron gives me the most exp oer click and its dirt cheap! maybe all the other ones could be worth more. smelting iron gives me 10 and making DIAMONDS gives me 7 even with the upgrades.
    What's a sig btw
    edited February 2014
    You don't really have to worry about saving up for 1 when you need 300 for the first pickaxe

Also the cobolt chisler is taking way to much cobolt for only giving 5 a second
  • EldubsEldubs Posts: 135Member ✭✭
    Really great game, I liked it personally.
  • Deathranger999Deathranger999 Posts: 1,692Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Laishiou, do you have the source code for it? I'd like to see it to help make my own game.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.
    "Monotheism is progress of a sort because they're getting nearer the true figure all the time." -C. Hitchens
    "After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." -A. Dumbledore
    "If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -S. Black
    “Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.” -Foaly the Centaur
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,383Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldubs said:

Really great game, I liked it personally.

I like some of the bumps, but 4,000 plates just to automate them? Not cool...
    "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some braining to do." ~Dasbloody
    "I'm about 0% sure that that is correct." ~Kirdneh
    Yeah the plates should be 2,500 at LEAST
    What's a sig btw
    *swings some Adamantite pickaxes around.*
  • Anon9mousAnon9mous Posts: 6,383Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I lost my save... I was at Cobalt! COBALT!!! -collapses on the ground crying-
    Leveling pretty hard... I went AFK for 2 hours and only got half a level....
    What's a sig btw
    edited March 2014
    ok currently codeing 2.0 i wouldnt really make too much of an effort with 1.0, i may balance it later however ill be focusing on 2.0 more, currently up to upgrades in codeing, 2.0 will be more balanced however in its beta version its most likely going to need a lot of testing im trying to make it so that each tier is quite wide in length but once preperations are done the transition to a tier is easier

edit* the issue with save data is up to the people behind the engine, though oreitiel did create it i dont know whos responsible for it
    Well don't mind betaing for 2.0 when you get it up
    There should be more upgrades. like 2you get one upgrade and another unlocks. for the stone it should be Gemstone tools for iron it should be Razor-sharp tools for refined iron it should be braced iron and so on. And there should be some upgrades for the exp rate
    I have some ideas:

Infused rocks
    Increases XP gain by 10%
    2,500 stone

Enchanted Metal
    Increases XP gain by 15%
    1,500 Iron
    1,000 Refined Iron

Golden enhancers
    Increases XP gain by 15%
    2,500 Gold

Diamond Stimulators
    Increases XP gain my 20%
    4,500 Diamond

Ultimate Infusion: Cobalt
    Increases XP gain by 25%
    5,000 Cobalt
    3,000 Chiseled cobalt
    2,500 Empowered Cobalt

Ultimate Infusion: Mythril
    Increases XP gain by 30%
    6,000 Mythril
    5,500 Chiseled Mythril
    4,500 Empowered Mythril

Ultimate Infusion: Adamantite
    Increases XP gain by 35%
    7,500 Adamantite
    6,500 Chiseled Adamantite
    4,500 Empowered Adamantite

For a total of 140% increase!
    What's a sig btw
    i definetly agree with the xp upgrades and will be including some in 2.0 as i notice swords do help but they arent quite where they are and are due for some type of buff, one feature that im putting in is this

\\city
    \\creates people which is a cost for autocrafters

not going to explain much till i put this in however debating weather people are a requirement for generators also or if i should just treat it as you pay the resources to buy the generator like with tools
    edited March 2014
    laishiou said:

i definetly agree with the xp upgrades and will be including some in 2.0 as i notice swords do help but they arent quite where they are and are due for some type of buff, one feature that im putting in is this

\\city
    \\creates people which is a cost for autocrafters

not going to explain much till i put this in however debating weather people are a requirement for generators also or if i should just treat it as you pay the resources to buy the generator like with tools

Just a question... Are you planning to make this inside of something other than Idle Game Maker? (I like the game so far). Also, are you able to lower the costs for the auto plate maker?
    im now working on 2.0, not currently planning on making 1.0 easier though i should tbh, i dont think i will make this outside of idle game maker as this is the only form of codeing i have found straight out enough for me to do and havent taken the time to learn languages
    i will consider this and thank you for the offer, not sure weather im willing to take it yet, since no one has given me an opinon regarding the generators requiring people or not i have decided to give it an initial cost of people however after that there will be no requirement for people to keep a production going, autocrafters i think will need the same thing as we treat it as people being hired to work in a building permanently, this is probably the best option in keeping balance for the game aswell
    laishiou said:

i will consider this and thank you for the offer, not sure weather im willing to take it yet, since no one has given me an opinon regarding the generators requiring people or not i have decided to give it an initial cost of people however after that there will be no requirement for people to keep a production going, autocrafters i think will need the same thing as we treat it as people being hired to work in a building permanently, this is probably the best option in keeping balance for the game aswell

Agreed. Can the villages also generate currency? Can you add in some more minerals, maybe some at the same levels with different effects? (Example: Silver unlocks at the same place as gold. It makes stone, iron, and silver, and gold would make stone, coal, and gold)
    the villagers can kind of generate currency but not properly they are being used for machines that like in the previous version produced the resources you would use to build stuff but this game does not have a formal currency, if i hadnt already coded that far it might have been a good idea to run upgrading things from tiers on currency however i am now considering implementing this in other ways so i thank you for that, not really using the second suggestion, tiers are being made more in depth through making items have multi tiers like the previous game however they are being applied in a way that does not force the clicking of hundreds of them
    laishiou said:

the villagers can kind of generate currency but not properly they are being used for machines that like in the previous version produced the resources you would use to build stuff but this game does not have a formal currency, if i hadnt already coded that far it might have been a good idea to run upgrading things from tiers on currency however i am now considering implementing this in other ways so i thank you for that, not really using the second suggestion, tiers are being made more in depth through making items have multi tiers like the previous game however they are being applied in a way that does not force the clicking of hundreds of them

Ah. I'm glad that I helped out.
    Oh yeah and the price increase rate is a little to big for some things.
    What's a sig btw
    I think that I understand how villages will work. You need some materials for originally making the building, then the upgrades/more for the building just uses people?
    anon9mous you are correct, uio the code is being made from scratch in 2.0, balancing will come in the beta before i officially release any part of that code, i now know how to add difficulty settings in the game without using a second pastebin however it is a looong peice of code