Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Craft Clicker

laishioulaishiou Member Posts: 155 ✭✭
edited April 2014 in Games - Old
hi all this is my game craft clicker 2.0.1.0 Beta
http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/idlegamemaker/?game=0HBxkpKf

the game is currently in beta and i would appreciate any help with the balancing, once one tier of items has been balanced then i will start working on next tier in the beta, releasing the previous version to the main game

currently i need to know items that need nerfs so that tier 1 is perfectly balanced, we do want this tier to be a bit easy and for the game to get harder the further on you get

regarding acheivements i can have multiple give a very miniscule buff instantly or have something for getting all archeivements in a tier which gives a straight out buff

latest update: Tin tier, added a fix to an upgrade not locking

planned update: energy balances, item tiers, stopping power creep

credits
mastersparky
- the channalog idea really, a couple of sections pointing out errors i made in my codeing

orteil
- making the engine that im using to code this aswell as being my general inspiration

Purge2202
- provided information in a post that i was always trying to work out on hideing things after being purchased

Cookie
- provided the idea of classes, of course i have my own approach to them but the idea in general

Anon9mous
- provided the idea of using a currency for upgrades

Uiomancant
- idea of the xp upgrades though i was likely to make them anyway

FutureBetaTesters
- help me to balance the game and make it more enjoyable for the wider community who choose to play it

p.s. anyone is free to use my code, ask me questions regarding codeing with this engine i just dont appreciate people changing my code to be for example the exact same but every identifier is named differently
Post edited by laishiou on

Comments

• DimiFWDimiFW Member Posts: 184 ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    i don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but after getting the furniture, my wood started to go crazy. it's impossible now for me, to get it to a positive wood/s rate again.

edit: ok, after getting the iron axe everything is fine again
    Send me some Ethereum pls:
    0x72E3e570F8234E39f89953DD879d3a65D914A3C0
  • laishioulaishiou Member Posts: 155 ✭✭
    this is a good point maybe i should make it so you require a min production before you can use those items
  • weisnixweisnix Member Posts: 40
    How do you make diamonds? I have all the other ressources but when i try to click make diamond nothing happens.
    have upgraded level to 25 before you can use the resources if this is not whats wrong please tell me
  • FICSURFICSUR Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    and what resources do you need to craft a diamond? and how many of those? :)
    FICSUR said:

and what resources do you need to craft a diamond? and how many of those? :)

That's exactly what i meant. I am lvl 35 but i still have no idea how to make diamonds.

Btw: Is there no other way to make refined iron, than to click them?
    ok this is the planned update for tommorow morning
    third tier furnace
    refined iron auto maker
    buff autoclick to 1.4
    add in cost per second items to require the cost per sec so that you cant go into negative resources

diamonds should be 1k advanced plates, 500 eu idk why the option hasnt shown up in ur game yet, its 3 30am and i will handle any further issues tommorow if its not popping up

oh ok now i get it. it's way to expansive for me now. I don't understand how I am supposed to get that many ressources..... it feels like all those stuff needs way to many clicks.
    edited February 2014
    v1.1 is out i hope this helps
  • EVECHARMEVECHARM Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2014
    The refined iron cost of smeltery needs to go down a massive amount. There is no quick way of making refined iron and clicking up in the thousands to make a few more a second is pretty bad and you can't get much advanced plates without it.

Other then that it's pretty good.
    ill most likely check on this tommorow i had a feeling that i shouldeve made advanced plates cost less refined iron in this patch but wanted to make sure with the autocrafting items first
    edited February 2014
    hmm well it's that followed by the 50000 advanced plates and 25000 eu needed to make a diamond pickaxe. Even with setting my mouse to double click it's still way far away lol.

It seems that's the hump to get over. working my way to it.
    And made it, sleep time x.x
    gratz, ive noticed quite a few issues going along the game and addressing them as i meet them but wont update channelog till its all done and might not be able to finish tonight, wanna finish this off and pictures before i make the game larger
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    nah they still give the right amount, but they'll give you a 1.4 or 1. 8 or somthing and when you buy a few more you'll get the extra one
    Many of the late game buildings are extremly inefficent. And there is no real way to get a high enough production of coal/refined iron/advanced plates/diamonds to change that fact. (While stone and iron you have way to much off, and no way to spend it (except for pretty much throwing it out the window)).

So in my opinion there is still a lot of balancing of the ressources needed.
    edited February 2014
    ok the speedhump from wood to stone is easy
    speedhump from stone to iron is fine
    from there the speedhumps start to get a bit slow, what im doing is trying to avoid creating a wall, each new tier i still want it to be a hump i have balanced it to production of advanced plates so far

re on this 1.4x clicking breaking the game i noticed this and tested it myself the game works in a way that it only takes whole numbers of the resource it makes so you may have to click various times to get the extra resource but it ends up the same with equal amounts of resources used

please note i do know that diamond buildings are extremely expensive from what i checked when i get to them i will see how much i need to reduce the price by, advanced plate seems to be fine, making power pickaxes and balancing coal to autocrafters of refinediron i find to be needed a lot to bring it up to that point which is fine

as for stone and iron, you may also see this with wood if your not spending it i may add in new ways to spend the resource later on however i expected as such and it doesnt really matter, it can be used for a slight increase to production currently

regarding the leveling system i noticed it was a bit slow further on so i made it easier, finding a threshold level where i will add a new feature that will make xp gaining much better

i made a few of the level requirements for early automated production a couple of levels lower also

hope this helps :)

edit* also making plate forger produce faster and adding in a power mouse for 2000 advancedplate unlike the usual 5000 because creating the advanced plates i have seen as a big issue, forgery costs too much and goes up too fast to start out with being reduced to 4000

diamond pickaxe reduced to be easier earlier on and machines reduced in price greatly
    edited February 2014
    Hmm the achievement thing is in the way.

Right now tho with the new upgrades coal is going to bring everything to a grinding halt, I'm at -300 a second atm when I refreshed.

Hmmm either a way to turn stone into coal or adding to the coal gain when you buy axes and pickaxes should help it. It seems like it doesn't matter what one you get the coal increase is always extremely minor while wood goes up 50 to 100

Also the diamond building aren't really the expensive with nothing above them yet, playing normally your just going to keep buying diamond pickaxe after pickaxe till your making more diamonds a second then advanced plates.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you get a gold pick, gold is waaaaay too easy to get and kinda useless. I like the new machine changes. Also pickaxes are slightly useless when you get 1 of the next tier. Also I like the recipes tab. its great!
    What's a sig btw
    well coal shouldnt be a problem, furnaces are extremely minor and only a way to make use of wood, you get your main increase in coal from pickaxes then axes, yes diamond i have noticed is really easy to get and the conversion is really bad however it doesnt create a real speedhump if i dont do it that way, the main issue i have is the diamond autocrafting being useless with the amount of advanced plates required and the amount you can make, every second material so far has been the case with the diamonds and the advanced plates this is most likely going to stay the same, nevertheless it is a speedhump to reach that tier the autocraft items you dont need are only in there for existing, im going to have to change where everything is back to normal due to the mechanics in the boxes

on a sidenote an upgrade that increases the amount a forger does is definetly going to be put in alongside changing the click upgrades to only affect maybe 1 above their tier and below to stop you trying to get the resources to click once and get 100s of the next tier sraight out its too hard later on and other resources that are lower you will want that to exist
    The problem i currently have, is that most buildings are just counterproductive:

Gold mines: they use refined iron to get gold! refined iron is way more important and a lot harder to get than gold.

Blacksmith: coal for iron?? again coal is rarer than iron.

Macerator: You get so much stone without this allready and there isn't even a way of spending stone that doesn't feel like throwing it out the window. And now you even want me to use my precious coal for it (even if it is only a small amount).

Power tools: Advanced plates are the most valuable and hardest to get ressource and i should spend to get just a little bit extra from ressources which i can get many other cheaper ways.

Diamond farms: why? (even after the last update they are still useless).
    Ya my coal is back in Black finally, my wood is way less tho.

Black smith and gold mines were good for a little while until you were able to afford a few Iron pickaxes/Gold pickaxes but after that sell them off. Macerators I've never used, maybe something to turn Stone and EU into coal with be good, Same with diamond farms.

There is a use for power tools tho, After you hit diamond and have a good stream of advance plates auto producing you can afford a couple of power tools and they do give a decent amount of wood and coal to get more coal.

What I'm currently at.

Resources
    47,809 xp (27.6/s)
    96,222,867 Wood (1,155.1/s)
    98,709,271 Stone (25,414.9/s)
    30,559 Coal (45.8/s)
    15,187,317 Iron (2,399.8/s)
    658,797 Refined Iron (294/s)
    2,077,414 Gold (808.9/s)
    25,692 Advanced plate (39/s)
    6,349,288 Energy (70/s)
    308,323 Diamond (122.4/s)
    edited February 2014
    most of the items stated above are useless, they are just placeholders so that they exist for the rare event someone wants one, power tools i actually found quite useful it getting some resource production ready for advanced plate production, testing for any errors now before posting the big update, resources in this are going to stay the same no matter what, even if a bit expensive, it expands the max level needed for any items this is followed by improvisations, im treating this as craft clicker classic a test environment hereafter the updates that i have stated, the secret update will give me a chance to make the game good

prestige system confirmed come craft clicker 2.0~!

please refresh your game, the update has now been completed, as for the recepies before i make the wiki,

gives 1 Cobolt for 1200 EU, 1000 AdvancedPlate, 2000 Diamond
    gives 1 ChiseledCobolt for 500 Cobolt, 100 Diamond, 1000 AdvancedPlate, 1000 EU
    gives 1 EmpoweredCobolt for 500 ChiseledCobolt, 1000 Diamond, 1000 AdvancedPlate, 5000 EU
    gives 1 Mythril for 1000 EmpoweredCobolt, 5000 AdvancedPlate, 5000 EU
    gives 1 ChiseledMythril for 500 Mythril, 5000 AdvancedPlate, 5000 EU
    gives 1 EmpoweredMythril for 500 ChiseledMythril, 25000 AdvancedPlate, 25000 EU
    gives 1 Adamantite for 1000 EmpoweredMythril, 25000 AdvancedPlate, 25000 EU
    gives 1 ChiseledAdamantite for 500 Adamantite, 25000 AdvancedPlate, 25000 EU
    gives 1 EmpoweredAdamantite for 500 ChiseledAdamantite, 50000 AdvancedPlate, 25000 EU, 5000 EmpoweredMythril, 5000 EmpoweredCobolt
  • 1234abcdcba43211234abcdcba4321 Member, Friendly, Flagger, Conversationalist Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    i found that the speedhump from diamond to cobolt was way too big, created a diamond forgery so people can easily get through that, i will start programming the real version once i finish with this and possibly doing a lot for the wiki
    if your struggling to even get to refined iron then this game is not for you, its not made to be short getting through the game like something such as a cookie clicker which doesnt even take a day to get to endgame material if you know what your doing, the 2.0 version will be easier but i dont expect it to be straight out fast
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a bit of trouble with diamonds at first but when you get a pick its all becomes much simpler.I am guessing it is similar to the other more end-game ores?
    What's a sig btw
    edited February 2014
    yes that is correct, though im finding building up the materials to get to each consecutive pickaxe to be quite long for the new ones

edit after testing, getting to mythril and adamantite is way too hard, made easier