Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Wrinkler theories

QokoQoko Posts: 287Member ✭✭
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Very simple question/discussion really: I was wondering whether the 'pop all wrinklers' option in CookieMaster and other addons would one, affect the game in any way regularly (besides having to click 29 times less), but more specifically whilst unlocking Halloween cookies. Since the new update I usually switch from Christmas to Halloween with 10 wrinklers up and no Halloween cookies yet to pop all wrinklers, but I'm questioning whether popping all 10 at the same time would affect the chance of unlocking more Halloween cookies. The wiki states that the chance for a new cookie decreases simply because any Halloween cookie is chosen if one is found when a wrinkler is popped, also ones you have. If that's really the case, then popping all 10 at the same time does not matter, right?

Point is that I'm popping wrinklers when my CpC is not affected and I'm not clicking the cookie, so clicking once instead of 30 times is just less annoying. But if the Halloween chance is increased, I'll probably avoid using it until I have only one Halloween cookie left.

EDIT: changed topic title to more reflect what is in this thread.
Post edited by Qoko on

Comments

• PerfectionPerfection Posts: 2,745Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭
    I doubt cookie master actually pops all wrinklers at once rather pops them in rapid succession.
    Boots, Brogues, Cleats, Clogs, Flip-flops, Flippers, Galoshes, Getas, Loafers, Oxfords, Mukluks, Moccasins, Pumps, Sandals, Skates, Shoes, Slippers, Sneakers, Socks, Slingbacks, Stilettos, Rollerblades, Tennies, Waders, Wellingtons
  • QokoQoko Posts: 287Member ✭✭

I doubt cookie master actually pops all wrinklers at once rather pops them in rapid succession.

Hadn't thought of that. That would void my question; I think it is possible though, codewise, to pop them at once.
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,436Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    No, it actually pops them all at once. Or rather it uses CC's standart function:

Game.CollectWrinklers=function() { for (var i in Game.wrinklers) { Game.wrinklers[i].hp=0; } }

In case if it's not already apparent it simply sets each wrinkler's hp to 0, and, on the next tick, they all die. The bottom line, however, is that there is absolutely no difference between doing it like this, or reducing their health to 0 manually. The code handling it is one and the same, and it doesn't really care how many wrinklers it have to work with.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,188
    edited February 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now, from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
    Shylight said:

The bottom line, however, is that there is absolutely no difference between doing it like this, or reducing their health to 0 manually. The code handling it is one and the same, and it doesn't really care how many wrinklers it have to work with.

Okay, that's clear enough. Interesting to see the code though.
    edited February 2014
    Zyzzyzus said:

Posted this before I saw the other post. It essentially does the same but the one used by cookie master is obviously more efficient than mine. I fail at javascript. :P

Well, the only problem with your code is less sugary iterator (and I know some people that would say that it's no problem), which is rather fine especially since now you know, that js allows you to iterate arrays in simpler way.

Also, what I provided is an utility function in Cookie Clicker itself. It's used to destroy wrinklers upon reset or save import.
  • konjickonjic Posts: 165Member
    Got 3 cookies at once when used this button, so you can get more than one
    konjic said:

And so you can by popping 10 wrinklers by hand. Quite easily so.
    konjic said:

What I was asking was whether using the 'pop all wrinklers' button would give a higher chance of unlocking Halloween cookies rather than doing it by hand. As it seems, this is not the case, so unlocking 3 cookies like that is possible, and considering the cumulative chance chances are pretty high to get 3 with 10 wrinklers.
    Qoko said:

What I was asking was whether using the 'pop all wrinklers' button would give a higher chance of unlocking Halloween cookies rather than doing it by hand. As it seems, this is not the case, so unlocking 3 cookies like that is possible, and considering the cumulative chance chances are pretty high to get 3 with 10 wrinklers.

Well, with "Spooky cookies" and "Santa's bottomless bag" the chance to get a cookie out of wrinkler is 28%. Of course, then the cookie has to be the one that wasn't unlocked before. So getting 3 out of 10 is uncommon. But not impossible.
  • konjickonjic Posts: 165Member
    Shylight said:

konjic said:

And so you can by popping 10 wrinklers by hand. Quite easily so.
    y, I got it wrong. tought that question is if you can get more than one cookie if you pop all 10 at once

• SturenSturen Posts: 382Member, Friendly, Helpful, Conversationalist ✭✭
    I don't think the odds are improved. CC basically rolls a RNG each time you pop a wrinkler and if you get, say, 1 you get cookie 1, 2 you get cookie 2 and so on. Obviously if you roll the same number twice you don't get the same cookie twice, and rolling the same number twice simultaneously doesn't change that.
    Good with butter or chocolate syrup. Tasty and soft. Very flat. Possibly baked. Neither a pan nor a cake.
    "I got 99 problems but 0.999... ain't 1"
    - Orteil
    Shylight said:

Well, with "Spooky cookies" and "Santa's bottomless bag" the chance to get a cookie out of wrinkler is 28%. Of course, then the cookie has to be the one that wasn't unlocked before. So getting 3 out of 10 is uncommon. But not impossible.

Interesting you state this, it let me to actually get a binomial calculator. Without taking into account the 'reduce of success', the probability of finding at least three cookies with 10 wrinklers is ~56% (the calculation with the reduced probability per cookie is going a bit too far here I guess). It is roughly 50/50, so rather common. Typically, finding less than two is rare: the probability of finding at least one is 96%, at least two is 82%.
    edited February 2014
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I could too but it has been a while. With both upgrades it is 0.28 base chance of success, the probability is reduced by 1/7 for every cookie unlocked (as an event can unlock any cookie, also those already unlocked). I.e. 0 cookies is 0.28, 1 cookie is 0.28*(6/7)=0.24, etc.

EDIT to Zys' edit: someone getting all seven in one pop should go buy a lottery ticket immediately hehe. Thanks for the quick headsup. For those interested, the values presented above by Zys are the probabilities of unlocking n Halloween cookies popping all wrinklers, starting with none. Getting 3 or above is the additive probability of 3 through all 7 cookies. which is ~0.433.
    edited February 2014
    That's a bit too much for me, searched it up for a bit and I guess you did it alright ;).
    edited February 2014
    Hmm.. OK, something is strange here. Why does "no cookies" has no chance of occuring when there is a cookie? Or maybe I'm reading it wrong? O_o
    Ah, I see. Makes much more sense now. Thanks :)