Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

⚠️IMPORTANT⚠️ Forum shutdown in September

OrteilOrteil Posts: 122Administrator, Game Dev Admin
Hey everyone,
before Discord, we mostly interacted with our community through the DashNet forums. There's been a lot of neat stuff on these forums - people shared strategies and weird bugs, bragged about cookies, pondered about eggs, talked about everything and nothing, and made friends. I know a lot of our current mod team on this server dates back to the forum days.
Since then, we've launched the Discord server, which quickly grew to over 44,000 members! We're amazed with how far it's come in the past year.

This however means that we're now finding ourselves moderating and maintaining 2 platforms at once; a modern Discord server to which most of our community has already migrated, and an old forum which is not only on the verge of being a ghost town, but is also kind of a pain to work with due to a variety of quirks and bugs in its framework.

After giving this a lot of thought over the past year, we've decided to close down the DashNet forums in 3 months. Discord is officially our new home.

There's one thing Discord can't really replicate however, and that's persistent, threaded conversation; thankfully, Reddit is just the right replacement for this. There are already active (unofficial) communities on www.reddit.com/r/cookieclicker and www.reddit.com/r/idlegamemaker , and we've just created www.reddit.com/r/randomgen . There's also a couple subreddits for NeverEnding Legacy : www.reddit.com/r/LegacyTheOrteilGame and www.reddit.com/r/NeverEndingLegacy . Make sure to read the rules before posting on any of those!

The DashNet forums will close down on September 12th 2019, 3 months from now. We've contacted the people responsible for the platform hosting them, and unfortunately they do not have an export solution, meaning we cannot keep an archive. If there's any content on there you wish to preserve, PLEASE copy it and save it somewhere else before the forums shut down for good.
In particular, any Idle Game Maker or RandomGen threads are good candidates for moving to the aforementioned subreddits. The Cookie Clicker subreddit will also probably welcome any pertinent Cookie Clicker-related content. And as always, our Discord server remains available for anything from casual conversation to theory-crafting.

Thank you for a fun 5 years of DashNet forums! 🍪
-Orteil & Opti

Comments

• DarkyDarky Posts: 958Member, Friendly, Cool, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad this forum gets shut down now though because it is pretty much just like a ghost town, its time to put this place to rest.

Pack up your things and lets move out.
  • ViniVini Posts: 3,596Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭
    !remindme majoras mask joke in 30 days

On a more serious note... Well, actually, I don't really have anything to say right now.
    It's been an interesting ride, to say the least. I don't regret getting myself involved in this place as much as I did. If anything, I regret I won't get my fifth anniversary badg-- Oh wait, they gone.

Yeah, all things considered, 'twas fun while it lasted.
    Godspeed, DashNet.

• zyzzyzyzzy Posts: 1Member
    edited June 12
    Even though I had my account deleted (though my own choice) and stopped coming here I'm still a little sad to see it end. I was surprised they went on this long though.
    If the forums could speak they would say:
    "Don't cry for me, I'm already dead."
    (can't post links on this account so that will have to do)
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 15,855Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vini said:

!remindme majoras mask joke in 30 days

On a more serious note... Well, actually, I don't really have anything to say right now.
    It's been an interesting ride, to say the least. I don't regret getting myself involved in this place as much as I did. If anything, I regret I won't get my fifth anniversary badg-- Oh wait, they gone.

Yeah, all things considered, 'twas fun while it lasted.
    Godspeed, DashNet.

"in 30 days"

It's June, though? We have 3 months?
    Warning! Warning! One left in the way
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • AgentpersonAgentperson Posts: 35Member ✭✭
    Darky said:

Pack up your things and lets move out.

And move to a terrible better place called Discord
    Oof
  • ViniVini Posts: 3,596Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭✭

"in 30 days"

It's June, though? We have 3 months?

Check my activity post. Today was the first day. In 30 days, it will be the second.

• LunaticLunarianLunaticLunarian Posts: 1,042Member ✭✭✭✭
    not sure how i feel about this. unlike many others i don't have any fond memories of this place when i was still active, or maybe it's just that i forgot about them
    i'm not going into more details, that's a wall of text for another day (and thread), if i even get the motivation
    i'm not moving to the discord for personal reasons, if you care enough to want to know where else i am there are 3 people there who do
    shut up lun no one cares
  • Chaotic_NeutralChaotic_Neutral Posts: 3,446Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14
    Whelp. The end is nigh. Couldn't say I didn't see it coming, but I'll shed a tear when the place shuts down, since this place was a big part of my teenage years.

Can't say I'm not happy that much of my cringy high-school internet posts will burn to the ground though.
    As much as you want to pretend, self-awareness is not a get-out-of autism free card.

"HEY, THAT'S PRETTY GOOD"
    -EDUPS
    [insert tilde here]
  • vbgamer45vbgamer45 Posts: 1Member
    Sad long time lurker. I do run createaforum forum hosting and can host at no cost if you can get an export of the SQL data. I did read vanilla's policy on an older post blog.vanillaforums.com/news/vanillas-data-export-policy not sure if it changed.
  • The_QQQQThe_QQQQ Posts: 182Member ✭✭✭
    i cry
    ~{QQQQ}
  • erdbeereerdbeere Posts: 3,384Member, Helpful ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple Tellurium.

In all honesty though: Thank you to all the amazing people who made this place what it was.
  • IdlerIdler Posts: 3,225Member, Wiener, Double Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

Just kidding, but to be honest, it is to be expected, since basically, this forums is now just a ghost place. I am on Discord. If you would like to, I could also send you my name and ID.
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium