Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Bakery Idle

Op1010GamesYTOp1010GamesYT Posts: 6Member
Here i made this game. Tell me your ideas in the comments. Also, i would say don't make fun of it, but i really don't care.
Link: http ://orteil.dashnet.org/igm/?g=AN1WYXJ7
I can't post links yet bc i just registered, but just copy & paste and remove the space after http

Comments

• EricBolton1993EricBolton1993 Posts: 484Member ✭✭✭
    Oh boy looks like a big game, but one thing I see right off the bat is the white text for the buildings, to me its a little hard to see with the background, is there any way you can make them easier to read? The background doesnt go well with the whites imo
  • Op1010GamesYTOp1010GamesYT Posts: 6Member

Oh boy looks like a big game, but one thing I see right off the bat is the white text for the buildings, to me its a little hard to see with the background, is there any way you can make them easier to read? The background doesnt go well with the whites imo

Ok, i'll go ahead and do that.

Thank you and can u fix the ones for the upgrades too to a different color so you can instantly see what I'm reading :D
    @Op1010GamesYT i really like the game so far :D
    sorry i've been sick the last few days all i could do was sit in bed and sleep :/

Thank you and can u fix the ones for the upgrades too to a different color so you can instantly see what I'm reading :D
    What about the upgrades? I know you mean the text color, but when? Like when they aren't affordable, or when they are?
    edited April 19
    Currently working on a new way to make money. Also expanding the game. If you think the game needs rebalanced, tell me because i think it does.
    EDIT: yeet i finished. now there is pointless research. gonna go fix that before i release this update.
    Post edited by Op1010GamesYT on
  • LGameMaker13LGameMaker13 Posts: 51Member
    i have played it and it's real good hope u keep updating it yeeeeeeeeeet

i have played it and it's real good hope u keep updating it yeeeeeeeeeet

Working on adding a prestige soon.
  • HaikonHaikon Posts: 9Member
    This game is great! I hope you keep working on it. To me, this really felt like a new game. The concept is ingenious and original, and it captures the one-dimensional, progressive simplicity that makes idle games appealing. I'm glad to see someone do something innovative and novel within the limits of IGM!

As for rebalancing: The first five minutes progressed a little too fast for me. I got too much of the game all at once. I wish the progression from markets to mixers and ovens was slowed down. (Then again, that might just be an illusion, caused by the fact that every building starts off revealed(?))

Also re: rebalancing: The warehouses costs 10 times more than the research facilities that are useless without them, which was weird. (I have a feeling you already realized that, though :p)

I found it was easy to accidentally end up with way too much of a certain kind of resource. (I'd say, "Ok, I need to buy 4 of This Building, 2 of That Building, and 2 of The Other Building" but then get distracted halfway through, and come back to tens-of-thousands of dough and no way to get rid of it.) The thing is, though: I actually liked that. Like, I felt like that was part of the game, and it was fun. You can screw up your supply chain, and the only solution is to build the appropriate buildings and wait a few hours/days. Some players would probably feel like a way to sell/convert thousands of resources at once would be an improvement, but I don't think so; I kinda like that clicking is essentially worthless after the first half hour; I like that the clicker game converts itself into a resource management game.

The buildings all starting off visible is fine, except it ruins the gags. Y'gotta either hide the buildings or re-write the jokes (but again, I think you already knew that.)

The descriptions of some building's input and output are kinda confusing. Like, "Uses 1 ingredient a second to give 1 dough every 2 seconds" is more precise than it needs to be.

Thanks for making this! Looking forward to future updates.

(I noticed a bug: The cost to buy your first Run-Down bakery displays correctly, but after that, the prices shown are all off by one. Like, it'll say 11/5/2/2, but it really means 12/6/3/3. (The same is true for Repaired Bakery, but I haven't tried it on the higher tier bakeries yet.) A related oddity: after you buy your first Run-Down bakery, the displayed price for your second one is the same; the prices don't appear to increase until after you've bought two.)