Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

(Problem) I'm a noob, and now I need help

AgentpersonAgentperson Posts: 39Member ✭✭
The story is, I am making a IGM game named "A Ice Cream Clicker" (Unoriginal, I know) and I decided to test it before addding icons and doing everything else. However some problems poped up. I was able to solve all of the, except one, or in this situation, most. Here's the code.
Shinies
*GoldenIceCreamShiny
name:Golden Ice Cream
frequency:600
movement:anywhere bounce fade
on click: if (chance(10%)) yield 1 GoldenIceCream toast You got <#FFD70> The Golden Ice Cream</#>! Use it to buy special upgrades!
else yield 50 Cash toast The Golden Ice Cream turned into $50!
end
end

When tested, it says that It cannot parse (Insert part of code) and tells me to tell the author (Dispite the fact I am the author)
This is my first time making a IGM game (Only using the Handbook and some games) so I honestly have no idea what's going on. If you can help that will be nice. :)
Oof

Comments

• AgentpersonAgentperson Posts: 39Member ✭✭
    I used the "//" thing so the game will not read the shiny but now I am getting a new problem. I will just put the link here and if someone just tell me what to do, all if good.
    pastebin.com/DpXsZisR
    Oof
  • SoUlFaThErSoUlFaThEr Posts: 66Member ✭✭
    edited March 22
    you have a . after your else and after cash.
    Try it without those

and if it's still an error:

its also possible you only need 1 end because its if else end unless there are further conditions inside the condition

and

You got <#FFD70> The Golden Ice Cream</#>

that will leave 2 spaces between got and The

xtra tip #1
    also use

frequency variation:XX

to allow your shiny to vary from the exact 600 frequency.

xtra tip #2

put your shiny code back up between your resource and building sections

Pr0 tip #1

get into the habit
    	of using: tabs
    		to help make your code

easier to read

you have a . after your else and after cash.
    Try it without those

and if it's still an error:

its also possible you only need 1 end because its if else end unless there are further conditions inside the condition

and

You got <#FFD70> The Golden Ice Cream</#>

that will leave 2 spaces between got and The

xtra tip #1
    also use

frequency variation:XX

to allow your shiny to vary from the exact 600 frequency.

xtra tip #2

put your shiny code back up between your resource and building sections

Pr0 tip #1

get into the habit
    	of using: tabs
    		to help make your code

easier to read
    Thanks for the tips, but
    I still get the "cannot parse (Insert code) message (the "yield 1 GoldIceCream" to be exact)(I would of uploaded a photo but the site doesn't want me to upload photos at the moment.)
    Oof
    edited March 23
    I just released a HUGE update for my own game and am intensely testing that. You have to try things and keep reading the help guide over and over again to see how things are done. You have to learn this stuff through trial and error. I would love to help you but you are stuck on the very basics ....just keep reading and trying things.

Those error messages are very good at telling you where the problem is. Look at those lines. You'll get it if you really want it.

The help guide is REALLY well written. and look back at how things work with bunny clicker. The whole code is there to use.

I just released a HUGE update for my own game and am intensely testing that. You have to try things and keep reading the help guide over and over again to see how things are done. You have to learn this stuff through trial and error. I would love to help you but you are stuck on the very basics ....just keep reading and trying things.

Those error messages are very good at telling you where the problem is. Look at those lines. You'll get it if you really want it.

The help guide is REALLY well written. and look back at how things work with bunny clicker. The whole code is there to use.

Got it. (I found other ways to get the shiny to work)

But seriously I have one more question,
    What does it mean when it says [str.indexof is not a function]?
    Oof
    it means that whatever you put there.....the parser doesnt understand.....its expecting a function.....or thinks its a function. you can paste code bits here for the error you get....its usually easy to find. every error you correct helps you understand the parser.

advice....save and check if the game runs for nearly everything you put in that code. this way if it gives an error, you know where to look.