Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Is it possible to add sound effects/animations to an IGM game?

IronDizasterIronDizaster Posts: 44Member ✭✭
Or is that too far for IGM standards?
delayed update > rushed update

Comments

• SoUlFaThErSoUlFaThEr Posts: 66Member ✭✭
    I was wondering the same for my game. Cookie Clicker has sound so .......it should be possible but there is no full list of commands or visual scripted effects like the wobble...are there more? or are we forced to look the same. I'm also wondering where this lists are of possible effects or all the "movement" possibilities are. I have so many questions and not one of them has been asked here on the forum.......low activity made me not even ask.
  • IronDizasterIronDizaster Posts: 44Member ✭✭
    I actually think that it's possible to animate a wobble through CSS, but I have no idea if you can add more complex animations
    delayed update > rushed update
  • SoUlFaThErSoUlFaThEr Posts: 66Member ✭✭
    There is plenty you can do with animating things in CSS, the problem is that not all browsers support all aspects and you are forced to use "webkits" etc even for some of the simplest things.

The click animations are just scale (and maybe rotate) transitions using pretty low numbers and very short transition speeds in this case. That's all a wobble is. I just sort of had it in my head they were like somehow pre-programmed.
    I also found a list of them:

on click:
    anim wiggling
    anim plop
    anim bounceOnce
    anim wobbleSlow
    anim wobble

In fact I have used a transition animation on my buildings in my test environment for updating Mr. Joe Clicker:

.building
    {
    font-size:14px;
    width:90%;
    transition: width 0.3s;
    transition-timing-function: ease-in-out;
    }
    .building:hover
    {
    width:92%;
    }

You will see how this works in my next update