Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

[GAME] Donut Clicker

DonutaskDonutask Posts: 22Member ✭✭
edited March 23 in Games
NOTE: I am not working on this anymore! I want to work on other projects in other programming languages. Sorry this just had to have the same fate as literally every other game made with IGM.
Donut Clicker!
Description:
Click the big donut to earn donuts. Use those donuts to buy buildings to produce donuts without clicking. Purchase upgrades to improve idle donut production. Click the shiny Golden Donuts for a special currency. Also, hatch your very own dragon.
Features:
26 Achievements
Lots of Upgrades
5 Buildings
A dragon
Delicious Golden Donuts
...And more to come!

Pastebin ID:f4Xh0mAX

Please give honest feedback and suggestions. I hope to grow this game bigger and bigger in future updates.
Post edited by Donutask on

Comments

• DonutaskDonutask Posts: 22Member ✭✭
    How do I move a posts' category? I don't even know how to set its category. I thought this was in the Idle Game Maker Games forum.
  • thomfradethomfrade Posts: 26Member ✭✭
    idk... i think only ADMs can do it
    "Was the monsters that the people saw in the old days result of an fertile imagination of someone that saw technology? and was that us in a far future or aliens?" Thomfrade
    Ok, thanks.
  • IronDizasterIronDizaster Posts: 42Member ✭✭
    edited March 8
    or you can just repost it on the correct subforum, the correct one is " Games ", located in the " Idle Game Maker " section.

anyways, here's my feedback for now:

- some sprites could use some work

+ pretty balanced so far

- not quite a fan of the blur effect, even though you can turn it off it just seems unnecessary to me because you can just hover over the upgrade and see the full image without being blurred

+ I like that that the upgrades you buy dissapear after buying them, - although you could make a box for bought upgrades

+ original

+ some cool ideas

overall a 6.5/10 for now, definitely has potential

delayed update > rushed update
    Thanks for the feedback! I want to rework the farm sprite for sure. I don't know how to move the upgrades when bought, but I will look into it. I will get rid of blur too I agree it is a tad annoying. Any other ideas?
  • IronDizasterIronDizaster Posts: 42Member ✭✭

maybe add some golden upgrades that make the golden donut yield more golden donuts
    delayed update > rushed update
    Okie dokie. I'm also making an upgrade that makes golden donuts spawn more.
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,321Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Mod
    moved
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Thank you!
    I am working on a new building, upgraded farm building icon and some more donuts.
  • MyloMylo Posts: 132Member ✭✭
    Move golden upgrades. They appear on top of normal upgrades and we can't click on normal updates unless we zoom out. Either move or make updates disappear when they are purchased.
    Upgrades not disappearing is a bug that I fixed. The next version has upgrades move into a new place when bought and I edited the wrong file by accident. I don't get the "can't buy upgrades" issue at all so can't help you there.
    Progress on V1.1 is going okayish!
  • thomfradethomfrade Posts: 26Member ✭✭
    Heya

are you still working on that?
    "Was the monsters that the people saw in the old days result of an fertile imagination of someone that saw technology? and was that us in a far future or aliens?" Thomfrade
    edited March 23
    Sad news:I am not working on this anymore. I want to work on other projects. Sorry this just had to have the same fate as literally every other game made with IGM. (I may work on this again some time, just don't get your hopes up)
    Good News:NEW UPDATE!!!!!
    -New Building
    -Revised farm icon
    -New achievements
    -New upgrades
    -Made regular upgrades not get hidden under golden upgrades
  • SoUlFaThErSoUlFaThEr Posts: 66Member ✭✭
    The limitations of IGM are a bit frustrating. Can't have sound...there are bugs not getting fixed...there is very little assistance...it's fun learning this stuff though. It was a cool experience trying to figure things out. I will most likely take mine to Unreal Engine where i can easily do all of this....and even sell it. Unreal is heavily overqualified for this but i can do a LOT more with "screens".