Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

The lake of orange juice

IdleguyIdleguy Posts: 6Member
edited May 21 in Games
here's my idle game about drinking orange juice (more story-based):
http ://orteil.dashnet.org/igm/?g=7fM3Uf0S
(remove the spaces)
it's currently version 0.2.0

Update log below
======================================================================
What's new:
*Upgrades for underwater evaporators, cranes, and new boat machines!
*More achievements for building amounts!
What to expect soon:
*Even better boats like yachts
*Funnier descriptions
*More puns
*Black holes
======================================================================
if you have feedback or a suggestion, just let me know.
Post edited by Idleguy on

Comments

• IdleguyIdleguy Posts: 6Member
    edited February 28
    well i hope i can post the link soon
    anybody know how long before i can post links?
  • RobTheStarsRobTheStars Posts: 12Member
    It's a few days, but if you used pastebin you can just post the code.

Or if you put a space in the middle like this:"www.notsuspiciouswebsite .com" it will let you do that, and we can copy/paste and remove the space.
    "Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself." - Sheev Palpatine
    edited February 28

It's a few days, but if you used pastebin you can just post the code.

Or if you put a space in the middle like this:"www.notsuspiciouswebsite .com" it will let you do that, and we can copy/paste and remove the space.

thanks
    okay i've added the link
    don't expect me to add sprites to the clickables, buildings or upgrades, i'm too lazy to figure out how that works.
  • thomfradethomfrade Posts: 26Member ✭✭
    Okay...

Well, the game works (Trust me, its a beggining), the building unlock mecanic is great, besides the buildings made me a little confused... and the two currencies work together in a good way

BUT, except drinking the orange juice ocean (is it an ocean? i dont get it...), you could mine orange juice or something like that... but even if you keep up the idea of drinking it, make it clearer (it took me a little while to find out what some buildings were, and there's one that i still didn't found out...)

Keep up the work!
    "Was the monsters that the people saw in the old days result of an fertile imagination of someone that saw technology? and was that us in a far future or aliens?" Thomfrade
    edited March 3
    (deleted comment)
    Post edited by Idleguy on
    edited March 1
    thomfrade said:

Okay...

BUT, except drinking the orange juice ocean (is it an ocean? i dont get it...), you could mine orange juice or something like that... but even if you keep up the idea of drinking it, make it clearer (it took me a little while to find out what some buildings were, and there's one that i still didn't found out...)

Keep up the work!

thanks for the feedback!

i'd like to keep this as a lake, not a mine. having the setting be a mine wouldn't make this unique.

the story is mainly told through the achievements (click the i button to view the ones you've found), but if you'd like me to level out the areas where lore nuggets are placed, just let me know.

you're also going to have to re-confirm your request of making the building descriptions less vague.

thanks again
    sorry about that bug. should be playable again now