Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Single trigger on earn

firefliesfireflies Posts: 56Member ✭✭
I am not sure if this would be considered a bug, but I encountered a difficulty when trying to have a single action trigger with "on earn" for a building... with subsequent purchases of the building, the "on earn" is triggering with not only the most recent purchase, but all of the previous purchases...

so a line like: on earn:yield 1 thing

would yield 1, then 2, then 3, etc. things.

This seems to be the same for on click also.

I thought I could restrict the command by having "on earn" yield a building with a limit of 1 but that still overrode the limit (triggering the "on earn" within the building in excess of the limit) - I thought I could put a conditional if statement, reducing the building to 0 and only triggering when the building was back to 0, but again this failed.

The only workaround I have found is to use a hidden upgrade instead of a building - as these are hardcoded to a singular purchase, it only triggers from the "on earn" once even if the upgrade has been yielded multiple times from an "on earn" in a building.

I hope the knowledge of this workaround may be useful to someone who wants to have a building cost a set value of a particular resource without increasing in value.