Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Some questions in converting an IGM Beta game to modern IGM

Camwood7Camwood7 Member Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
I'm working on porting an IGM Beta game to modern IGM, however, there are a few commands that I don't know if they even have Modern IGM counterparts. Any clue how to do this sort of thing?
  • "convert X to Y" - A staple of the prestige system the game uses, yet I don't know if there's any equivalence here.
  • "lock X" - I'd assume you might just hide this stuff? No idea, though.
  • "abstract" - This one, I have zero idea at all. Always hidden? Maybe?
While I'm at it, I'd also like to figure out how to port the stylesheet. If you don't know, it's a game that used the famous Wall Destroyer layout (complete with the upgrades that hide their names and costs if purchased). I have no idea what the Big Blue theme is--maybe an official port, but I've got other things to work on with this port.

In addition, the game I used wanted to achieve an "achievements passively grant a 2% buff" effect, but there was a problem with that: namely, IGM Beta had no in-house manner to do so. So he used upgrades. Lots. And lots. Of upgrades. Is there some sort of way to do this? I'd assume passive: but I would really appreciate some help here.

If anyone can help out here, that'd be great.
Literally dunk the points you'd give onto my other account, this one has zero value to me and will literally cease to be relevant come May June 1st June 18th June 19th SOMEDAY: @Cookiewoodstock

Hi, I'm Barry Scott. Bang, and the signature is gone.

Answers

• MetronomeFanaticMetronomeFanatic Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Upgrade to twine instead.
  • BeeRexBeeRex Member Posts: 6
    A lot of these are really what I thought looking at what specific commands do, they might not be true but hopefully they are. Not to mention I'm not too experienced with the engine, but whatever. Here goes:

1.Commands
    'convert X to Y' - If this is used really only for prestige, I explain a way to do so without it later on.

'lock X' - using req:! (ThingKey) will have the thing with the line be available unless the thing in the expression is owned (at least 1 if it is a resource/building). If you want something to require something else but not another thing, just put and between what is required and cannot be owned.

'abstract' - You are right with using always hidden if you want the thing to be permanently hidden, but if you want to hide it after you buy something use hide ThingKey.

2. Porting Stylesheets
    If you have a custom stylesheet, you can most likely just reuse the url using stylesheet: in the Settings section. Otherwise you may have to remake it using boxes. Also, icon is the replacement for image in the new IGM.

3. Prestige System and Achievement Upgrade
    First, for the prestige system, you can make an upgrade with a passive effect of the grantexpression to convert one resource to another. For example, if you wanted the prestige to give 1 diamond for every 1000 iron, you would put:
    passive:grant (iron/1000) diamonds
    Afterwards, you tag everything with a tag, and then add another passive with a lose expression followed by tag:[tag name here]. it would remove every resource, building, upgrade, etc. with that tag. Obviously, you would not want the prestige resource to have this tag, since that would also remove the resource you reset for, effectively having the upgrade wipe your save.

So in theory, if you wrote an upgrade like this:
    *prestige name:Reset for Golden Cookies desc:Reset your progress to convert cookies to golden cookies. cost:1000000 cookies passive:grant (cookies/1000000) goldenCookies passive:lose tag:prestigeReset req:1000000 cookies
    The upgrade would give you 1 golden cookie for every 1 million cookies you own, and then remove anything you want to take from the player with the reset tag prestigeReset (also the upgrade requires 1 million cookies in the first place so it isn't useless). However I haven't tried this on my own, and it might not be the most efficient method, so test this out and tell me what happens.

Next, the achievement bonus upgrade. Don't worry, it's simpler. Just tag each achievement with a tag, probably something like achieveBonus, and then give the upgrade a passive like this:
    passive:multiply yield of pineapples by (1+0.01*achieveBonus)
    Here, the upgrade increases the yield of pineapples by 1% for anything with the achieveBonus tag (preferably your achievements). The 1 in the equation is an offset so the game doesn't multiply the yield by 0.01, ruining your pineapple business.

This method DOES work, and it is also interchangeable. You can have the bonus increase with a specific building or upgrade type, increase the 1 for the upgrade that has a base boost, and increase the decimal for a higher boost per thing.

PLUS, if you want to specefic resources or all of them to be boosted, tag each resource you wish to boost with the same tag and put the tag in for the resource name.

In summary, tags are pretty broken. Peace.
    I'm a BeErEx
  • morkysherkmorkysherk Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    BeeRex said:

Next, the achievement bonus upgrade. Don't worry, it's simpler. Just tag each achievement with a tag, probably something like achieveBonus, and then give the upgrade a passive like this:
    passive:multiply yield of pineapples by (1+0.01*achieveBonus)
    Here, the upgrade increases the yield of pineapples by 1% for anything with the achieveBonus tag (preferably your achievements). The 1 in the equation is an offset so the game doesn't multiply the yield by 0.01, ruining your pineapple business.

This doesn't seem to work for me - tag names never return a number when I try to use them like this