Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Golden cookie sequences - explanation anyone?

JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 216 ✭✭
edited October 1 in General Discussion
Okay, so I scum - I admit it. I can play actively for about an hour a day so I look ahead a few cookies and see if FTHoF is going to bring about a combination of Click Frenzy and a buff. Once every few days it does so I flick off the switch and settle down. I wait for a Frenzy to coincide with a buff and then FTHoF so I can stack the Frenzy with a couple of buffs and a Click Frenzy.

But recently something odd has been happening. Take just now for instance. There I was, all set up to go but when the Frenzy and the buff landed I went for it and...nothing. The two expected GCs didn't show up. I'd checked a couple of times during the run and the expected GCs were still there, intact. There was nothing I'd done that was unusual but nevertheless, plan shot to shit. Golden switch back on and give up.

So: anyone know what's going on? What factors change the sequence of FTHoF?

Comments

• blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    As far as I know there are only two ways to affect FtHoF outcomes.

1) Casting Diminish Ineptitude, whether successful or a backfire, will cause at least some outcomes to change. I don't know if it straight up generates a new seed for FtHoF outcomes or if it just changes the ones whose probabilities were affected. I would need to do some more testing on this.

2) Ascending will always generate a new seed for which all FtHoF casts will be predetermined, excluding any casts of Diminish Ineptitude. This is a common solution when some players get a "bugged seed" after ascending, where every spell cast is a backfire.

If you've done neither of these, I don't know what it could be.
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 216 ✭✭
    There are others.

- Clicking on a wrath cookie can alter the outcome of what you previously knew was coming.

- I've heard that season switches can alter outcomes as well. Did Halloween start recently? I'm wondering if I was unlucky enough to be playing when that switch occurred.
  • BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,302 Mod
    From this thread http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/8150/automatic-season-detection
    I see that Halloween runs from October 25 to October 31.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    edited October 11
    It did seem early. So still no explanation for what happened then.
    Post edited by JezDavis on
    edited October 14
    Cracked it - it's the f**king Golden cookie sound selector. If you wait until you have a useful sequence of GC's and click that, it'll be gone.

I waited until a nice pair of GC's lined up (yes, I scummed), exported my save and played with a few combinations. I couldn't work out why I kept losing the pair (Click Frenzy and a building buff) until in the end I narrowed it down to the sound selector (of all things!)

If you play the same way I do, DO NOT play with the sound selector once you know what's due in the next few GCs. Just sayin'.

You live and learn.
    Post edited by JezDavis on