Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Optimum Gardening

JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 216 ✭✭
What's the best set-up for active play, particularly when aiming for a big combo such as Frenzy, building buff, Click frenzy and Elder Frenzy (or another buff)? A full bed of Baker's wheat? Something more exotic?

Comments

• blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    From what I understand, there isn't a single optimal strategy for an active garden. With 34 plants there are lots of strategies that you can try.

One of the most widely used is Bakeberry/Queenbeet/Duketater farming, which entails having a full garden of one of the above plants and harvesting them during a massive stack of CpS buffs. Each of these plants works very similarly to the Conjure Baked Goods magic spell in terms of cookies rewarded. Once every plant is mature, you can freeze the garden to ensure they don't die while you patiently wait for a good stack of buffs.

My new favorite is to have a garden full of Golden Clovers, each of which can increase the Golden Cookie spawn rate by 3.75%. A full garden of mature GClovers will give you +135% spawn rate. You can get this up to +150% by strategically replacing 4 GClovers with Nursetulips. This can allow you to stack Frenzies and other GC buffs very quickly, leading to some impressive combos.

Juicy Queenbeet farming will let you use the Garden to farm extra Sugar Lumps, but isn't really viable unless you do a lot of savescumming.

Drowsyferns are great for idling as they increase your CpS by a large amount and have a very long lifespan without needing any real maintenance.

A large number of the plants are unfortunately either red herrings or completely useless, but it's pretty easy to tell which plants to stay away from.

These are just a few tried and true strategies; feel free to experiment on your own!
  • dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Well, I might add to that: First: the Duketaters take far too long to mature, and stay mature for a relatively limited time. You may try but it's next to impossible to ever achieve a full garden of mature Duketaters (or even like 25-30 mature simultaneaously). Much better would be to go for Queenbeets instead. Extra nice: Freezing the garden also cancels the negative effect Queenbeets otherwise have on CpS (adds up to I think 55 or 60 % CpS loss for a full garden of mature QBs).

Second: There's no such thing as "Juicy queenbeet farming". They spawn, or they don't. Usually, they don't.

I must have a look at that Nursetulip - GC scenario however. Interested to see what that could yield :)
  • dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
    OK I've been trying this for like an hour. GC frequency does not rise enough for interesting combos to occur. At best I get about 72 %, nowhere near the 135-150 that was mentioned. This is not interesting.
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    dr_flash said:

OK I've been trying this for like an hour. GC frequency does not rise enough for interesting combos to occur. At best I get about 72 %, nowhere near the 135-150 that was mentioned. This is not interesting.

You must be doing something wrong. For +135% frequency just have a full garden of mature GClovers and be using Clay soil. That's all it takes.