Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Kronos: A Tale as old as time

NickCydenNickCyden Member Posts: 359 ✭✭
edited September 17 in Playground
No matter what kind of media you look at, there will always be piles among piles of failed and cancelled projects. However, among those piles, you always seem to find those few glimmering Gems. This will be my attempt at adding another gem into the pile. Now, this will be a lot of text, but just bare with me.

Welcome to Kronos. A Gigantic RPG that takes inspiration from Games like The Elder Scrolls Series, and Dungeons and Dragons, but also from anime like Konosuba and Overlord. This thing is Huge, and I'm not using that word lightly. I'm honestly not even too far into planning this, but I have enough to start up on it and see how it goes. If it goes well, awesome! If not, oh well. I'll take a few weeks to plan out more stuff, and try again.

Anyways, I wasn't kidding when I said this was huge and complicated. So let's start off with the stats. There are 5 main stats.
Health Points(HP). These obviously determine your health. Although your actual maximum health will be 3X this number.
Attack Points/Defense Points. Again, obvious what they do. When you attack/Defend, you will roll a die that's half of these stats. So if your Attack stat is 100, you will roll a d50, and then add 50 to your result (51-100 will be your attack. Here's a good site for rolling dice of any kind https://donjon.bin.sh) You will then add the base of your weapon/armor, and that will be your final number.
Magic Points(MP). You might think this would just be a thing for mages to use to cast spells. You would be incorrect. This is a resource used when activating a skill, which anyone can have. Skills can be locked behind level, class, or certain events like quests. You will be able to gain one new skill each level, and an additional one every 5th level. The level cap is 100, so by the end you will have 120 Skills. Each skill will cost a certain number of MP points(Always a multiple of 5, but most of the time a multiple of 10) Here is a Pastebin of every skill, but be warned, they will basically spoil the classes for you if you care about that.(More about Classes Below) https://pastebin.com/D0RqFY5E
Luck Points: This stat will determine drops and random events. Still in the process of finding out how exactly it should work, but for now, just remember that the higher this stat, the better and more frequent your drops from monsters and treasure.
You will start out with 30 in each stat, but each level-up you will get 30 points you can put in any stat in sets of 10.(So 10 points in any stat 3 times, if that makes sense)

Here's a quick thing on races. They don't do much, so be whatever you like(as long as it's something everyone understands, like human, elf, gnome, vampire, skeleton, angel. Anything you want really)

As I said earlier, your class might determine the skills you can obtain. Now, classes aren't entirely a set thing. I use, what I call, evolving classes, where once you reach a certain level, you can choose a new class from a branching path that gives you a similar, yet new way to play via skills. The best example from my list is If you're an archer, the next classes you can go into are either a ranger, which focuses more on damage and accuracy, or an Enchanter, which uses some magic to strengthens their arrows in various ways. The thresholds to evolve are LvL 3, 10, 25, and 50. Technically you also evolve at LvL 100, but it's basically just a cooler name to say "I'M BETTER THAN YOU." You start off as a kind of Jack of all trades, with a bow, sword, and staff, and the LvL 3 evolve gives you 1 of 3 choices. Melee, Ranged, or Magic. Now, I'll give you one of 2 options here. You can look at this list here that I'll try my hardest to put into text format(It was originally a picture I made in paint with lines showing what class can go into what) Or you can just go ahead and be surprised with your options. But be warned, some classes have certain specifications on your race to access them, although you will never get stuck on a tree.
If you are unable to understand this, PM me and I'll send you the original picture that's way easier to follow.
Melee(Warrior(Viking(Barbarian/Head Hunter)/Gladiator(Champion/Dueler))/Swordsman(Dual Swordsman(SpellSword[Must have Magic Subclass]/Sword Master)/Samuri(Assassin/Executioner))/Knight(Paladin(Crusader[can't access if undead]/Dark Knight)/Cavelry(Rook[can only access if bigger race]/General)))
Ranged(Archer(Ranger(Sniper/Dread Archer)/Enchanter[Must be magic subclass](Soul Archer/Corroarcher[Can only access if undead race]))/Hunter(Monster Hunter(Seeker/Hoarder)/Animal Hunter(Beast Hunter/Trapper[Must be Melee Subclass])))
Magic(Sorcerer(Priest[Can't access if undead](Arch Priest/Cleric)/Elementalist(Druid/Storm Wizard)/Necromancer(Lich[Can only access if undead]/Corromancer))/Pyromancer(Dark Pyromancer(Volcanist/Arsonist))/Arch Pyromancer(Explosion Master/Phoenix Wizard)))

Once you hit LvL 20, you will be able to Subclass into and LvL 10 class. Depending on the class you Sub into, you will gain a special bonus.

Now for the last thing, Equipment. Let's start with weapons. There are 3 kinds of weapons, Melee, Ranged, And Magic. Any weapon can be used by anyone, but it's usually best to stick with your classes type. And now for the crazy part, Armor/rings. Dear god. So, here are the equipment slots.
Head, Shoulders, Chest, Arms, 10 rings(One for each finger)Legs, and Boots. Mix and match what you like, see what works for you, and have fun exploring the world filled with towns, NPCs, quests, beasts, and loot. Dear got the loot.

So, make your character, and we shall go from there.
Post edited by NickCyden on

Comments

• ScribbliumScribblium Member Posts: 758 ✭✭
    ok...
    Name: Zorcen
    Race: Human

hope that works..?
    what do i put here
    i bought a fountain pen (lamy safari)
    it's nice.
  • NickCydenNickCyden Member Posts: 359 ✭✭
    edited September 11

ok...
    Name: Zorcen
    Race: Human

hope that works..?

You are now entered into the world of Kronos

You will now be granted your starting skill. You can choose from one of these options.
    LvL 1:Roll: 10% chance to completely dodge an attack. Has a 3 turn cooldown. (5MP)
    LvL 1:Quick-Switch: User can switch out weapon without using up attack action. (10MP)
    LvL 1:Fake-out: Do a fake attack. Your opponents Defense is halved agains your next attack. (15MP)

You start out with an Iron Dagger-Base 5, a Shortbow-Base 3, 20 Wooden Arrows-Base 3, and a Spark Wand-Base 5.

You May also choose 2 Proficiencies to start at LvL 2. The Choices are,
    Alchemy
    Bargining
    Butchering
    Cooking
    Crafting
    Enchanting
    Farming
    Fishing
    Mining
    Smithing
    You should make a Pastebin for this.
    Starting Skill: Roll
    Alchemy Bargaining
    what do i put here
    it's nice.

You should make a Pastebin for this.
    Starting Skill: Roll
    Alchemy Bargaining

(I might Later)

Character creation complete...processing
    Entering in 3...2...1...

You wake up in the town of Cromwell, a sort of trading hub for merchants. It isn't a bid town per say, but it is popular due to it's location being equal distance from 5 other cities, meaning a lot of merchants, adventurers, and all sorts of people pass through here daily. It is also what you call home. You were lucky to snatch a home here, as the city was only just on the rise when you settled down, so your house was on the cheaper side. You quite enjoy being close to the many different merchant stores, even if it does get a bit noisy.
    The city is also near a nice lush forest, with many rivers flowing through it, so it's a nice place to go relax, and possibly get into a few fights if you're feeling up for it.
    You are now free to explore
    How much money do I have?
    If none, go to the forest.
    what do i put here
    it's nice.

How much money do I have?
    If none, go to the forest.

You were in a bit of a tight spot for money at the moment. You only had 232 Tas(This worlds currency) Although you usually had more, it is still at least enough to get you the basic necessities for a few days.
    Buy some basic necessities and a map.
    what do i put here
    it's nice.

Buy some basic necessities and a map.

You buy a bit of food for the day, along with a map of the town and surrounding forest.
    -50 Tas
    navigate into the forest based on the map
    what do i put here
    it's nice.

navigate into the forest based on the map

You walk into the forest. Immediately, you can hear some wolves howling, as well as a running river, which judging by the map, is about 750ft west. There also seem to be some caves 2000ft north.