Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Medieval Takeover

Annabeth757Annabeth757 Member Posts: 5
edited September 10 in Games
Hi everyone!! I've just started an idle game project, of what I hope to be a sort of in depth game eventually. Right now I only have the bare bones of the game, but everything is functional and I'm pretty proud of it! I am aware of issues that need fixing already, such as some of the balance of building and upgrade costs, and some light proofreading is probably also necessary. Most small bugs have already been brought to my attention. I'm trying to find a friend to work on the aesthetics of my game, so it may look a little bland right now, but my upgrades and achievements have personality so it should still be fun :)

The game is called Medieval Takeover right now, as it is medieval based(obviously). Buy workers and buildings, gather grain gold and gems, and take over the medieval world!

I hope to update it at least a little every week, and I'd appreciate some suggestions or if anyone catches things that need to be fixed.

Link in the comments :)

9/8
-Began new upgrade tier (when 250 of each building is reached, and in increments of 50 to 500) which will rebalance the beginning buildings to be useful again. I'm still tinkering with the balance of this, as I feel it may be a little overpowered
-added slightly more detail to the description of the 12% button
//I plan on at least incorporating some sort of color etc. at least to my game within the next week, as a placeholder while I work on icons etc.

9/3
-More upgrades
-Added new worker for grain- gods

8/30
-More gem upgrades

8/29
-added 15% Sell grain button
-added more upgrades
-began adding gem upgrades

Disclaimer: the game does include some crude language
Post edited by Annabeth757 on

Comments

• Annabeth757Annabeth757 Member Posts: 5
    Pastebin tag: TCRJUWTh
  • CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,287 Mod
    I'm enjoying this game! Hope it gets spruced up with some graphics at some point!
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Billabo said:

I'm enjoying this game! Hope it gets spruced up with some graphics at some point!

Im glad you're enjoying it! I have a friend of mine working on some icons, I'm not sure when they'll get integrated but it is in the works :)
  • CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A changelog would be a helpful addition.

• HaikonHaikon Member Posts: 4
    I like it! The core concept of idly gathering grain and selling grain for gold (while actively clicking for gold on the side) worked out well. It's fun and thematic!

The buttons along the top are so close to the top, I can't always read the bouncing numbers. Which is fine for "Search for gold" (a brief message, which is intuitive anyway) but makes "Sell 15 percent grain" totally mysterious (a complicated message; clicking frantically until one happens to bounce down into clear view is not really informative).

I think I only used the middle 3 "sell grain" buttons once each. I wanted a more expensive scale.

Also, after I could afford 10 of the first 3 buildings, then it was easy to shift+click and buy 50 of the 4th building. Then I breezed through the next, like, 12 buildings, 50 at a time, and the upgrades, prettymuch clicking constantly. (Which is how 99% of IGM games go, and it's not necessarily a bad thing.)

Now, I hit a wall. Advancement has slowed, as I save up for my 7th gem upgrade. The balance/timing of the gem upgrades seems good.

Looking forward to future updates!
    Haikon said:

I like it! The core concept of idly gathering grain and selling grain for gold (while actively clicking for gold on the side) worked out well. It's fun and thematic!

The buttons along the top are so close to the top, I can't always read the bouncing numbers. Which is fine for "Search for gold" (a brief message, which is intuitive anyway) but makes "Sell 15 percent grain" totally mysterious (a complicated message; clicking frantically until one happens to bounce down into clear view is not really informative).

I think I only used the middle 3 "sell grain" buttons once each. I wanted a more expensive scale.

Also, after I could afford 10 of the first 3 buildings, then it was easy to shift+click and buy 50 of the 4th building. Then I breezed through the next, like, 12 buildings, 50 at a time, and the upgrades, prettymuch clicking constantly. (Which is how 99% of IGM games go, and it's not necessarily a bad thing.)

Now, I hit a wall. Advancement has slowed, as I save up for my 7th gem upgrade. The balance/timing of the gem upgrades seems good.

Looking forward to future updates!

Im so glad you liked the game!! I'm currently working on just adding a whole bunch more upgrades etc, and maybe a new building to unlock later for more grain to lessen the wall you later hit, but i also would like to do some early rebalancing to make the game a little slower first off.
    I also plan to add more gem upgrades and achievements within the next couple days.

As far as the buttons at the far top, I'm currently trying to work with the layout of my game but I've found it much more difficult than i anticipated haha I hope I can sort f fix that soon though:)