So, if you guys don't know, Overseer is a web-based Sburb simulator thing that honestly plays really well. My first session with it was with a friend in another community. It's all mostly text-based, so even my shitty-ass internet can run it, and it's just generally pretty fun to play.
I want to run a session with you guys. A minimum of two other people, so that we don't end up without enough people to have some sort of meaningful session. And I should note, while it is possible to link up to yourself, do not do that. We need to be linked up to each other to really get anywhere lategame - especially through games.
So, here's the planning we'll have to do before starting:
- A Discord server for the session. We'll need a live chat to talk about things while playing. (Not voice chat, 'cause my internet can't even load it, but...) The only people in the Discord will be those involved in the session.
- Who's gonna be the server for who? Every player needs to have a server and client. We're gonna need to decide who's gonna be the server for who before we go in.
- Finally, we should talk about Class, Aspect, and Specibi stuff. In case some people here don't want to share theirs with other people. :P
Other things you should note if you want to join the session:
- There is no joining after we enter the Medium. If you were too late, the world probably got destroyed with you still on it. You have been warned.
- You have to be active, god damn it. I don't expect too much from you guys, but just try to be here at some point per day. This rule would probably be less strict if this wasn't a game where your client relies on you to progress. You risk exile and a half-assed patch job of the client-server order stuff if you don't be there for your client.
- Communication is key for a lot of things. Ask your server to build you up if you want to reach a Dungeon. Ask your fellow players what materials you're gonna need before you choose them for your Land. Ask your fellow players for grist if you don't have the materials to make something. Communicate. With. Your. Players. We're all on the same team, there's no PVP option.
- Please just pick a Dream moon. There's no reason not to, and you need the Boondollars lategame for special abilities. Just pick one.
- Only Tier 1 prototype your Sprite. I know, if you've read Homestuck, this is common knowledge, but like, seriously. Also, don't make it too overpowered.
- At the same time, DO PICK A POWER LEVEL FOR YOUR SPRITE. I fucked up last time and got a 0 power Sprite. Look up a good starting power for your Kernelsprite so that it won't be too powerful(and the minions won't be, either!), but you won't be doing this entirely on your own, either.
As for things I'M gonna be doing specifically.
- Setting up the Discord server, of course.
- Making sure you fucks don't screw each other or yourselves over.
- Posting summaries of each session in this thread.
- Explaining mechanics to you guys - I've played up to a bit after entering the Medium with that friend I mentioned from the other community. That's as much as I know without a guide, however, so playing from there will be a learning experience for all involved.
- Playing the game with the rest of you, really.
Who's willing to hop in?