Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

V.2.0107 Beta

adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
edited July 20 in General Discussion
New beta released today:

New kitten- Kitten Analysts, 788.886 duodecillion

New upgrades for 400 of each building

Other upgrades already available in V.2.0106 eg bikkies for owning 350 and 400 of everything

Maybe a few new cookies, I can never tell.

EDIT: Just ascended. New HU are Inspired Checklist (900k HC) and Eye of the Wrinkler (100M HC)

BUY ALL UPGRADES IS THE SHIT!!!

Post edited by adam_antichrist on

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 781 ✭✭✭
    But, annoyingly, resale value of buildings falls from 50% of the purchase price (85% with Earth Shatterer) to only 25% (50% with ES). Bugger. Not only is it a nerf, but I have the feeling it's going to mightily fuck up my spreadsheet calculations.
    edited July 20

New beta released today:

New kitten- Kitten Analysts, 788.886 duodecillion

My guess is that the actual base price of this kitten is 900 duodecillion, since all the others are priced at 9 times a power of ten. Various upgrades that you have will have reduced the price of subsequent upgrades, such as kittens.

More importantly, can anyone tell me the milk factor of the new kitten? I suspect it's 0.15.
    edited July 20
    I just noticed something else in the new beta version: there is no link to this forum. I wonder if this was accidentally omitted, or is this forum being phased out?
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    edited July 20

I just noticed something else in the new beta version: there is no link to this forum. I wonder if this was accidentally omitted, or is this forum being phased out?

Good catch. It's definitely the latter.

New sugar lump is caramelised sugar

• BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,287 Mod
    The little picture showing how crossbreeding works ought to help with the confusion of what "near each other" means.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Billabo said:

The little picture showing how crossbreeding works ought to help with the confusion of what "near each other" means.

Non-sequitur of the week award ;)

Billabo said:

Non-sequitur of the week award ;)
    It's something that was added in the beta.
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Billabo said:

What picture? Where? And how is this relevant to the latest beta upgrade?

Billabo said:

What picture? Where? And how is this relevant to the latest beta upgrade?

In the garden, if you mouse over the magnifying glass, it shows a picture of crossbreeding. That image wasn't there before.

08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Oh, right. Sorry I thought you must have replied to the wrong thread haha.

That little picture does not really fully explain it - it leaves unclear, for example, whether a cell has four neighbours or eight. However from other documentation I think we know that there are eight.
    Yeah, I think it would have been better to show a 3x3 garden with 2 plants in the middle spot of the 1st and 3rd rows, with an X in each of the 3 spots in the 2nd row.
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    I got up to 1 und/s but didn't get the achievement. Has anybody else missed achievements on this beta?

Minor upgrade received today (V2.0108) has changed the display of "muted" buildings. Looks better. I have been in the habit of mutoing everything except the Pantheon and the Grimoire because that's normally all I need to see. Also the "Solo" button has been removed, which I am OK with - it did not seem very useful.
  • dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
    edited August 1
    I'd like to see the list of muted buildings in the bottom of the screen, not the top. Kinda sits in the way where it is now.

Also: I keep mistaking the image of the muted grandma for a growing (or even fading) GC that I "need" to click (fast). It's too round LOL.

Oh wow, I see the GC's no longer start out as small, they just appear in their mature size. That eliminates at least the latter problem :)
  • richeyrockricheyrock Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2
    Seems like the gold and wrath cookies are a LOT less varied now. Since the update almost all golds are just frenzy and random amount bonuses (Lucky) and almost all wraths are clots for me.
  • IORI_17IORI_17 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Is there a way to go back to the older version? I was saving for selling all buildings before ascending so I could get a few more achievements and upgrades, with the nerf I'll lose too much :(
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    If you didn't reload since the beta went live, you're still on the old version.

IORI_17 said:

Is there a way to go back to the older version? I was saving for selling all buildings before ascending so I could get a few more achievements and upgrades, with the nerf I'll lose too much :(

I wouldn't be so sure. Have you considered the effect of the new upgrades? My production took a big jump when I switched to the latest release and got all the new upgrades, especially the new kitten. I'm talking about approximately a sixfold increase.
  • NavyDan1NavyDan1 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    dr_flash said:

Oh wow, I see the GC's no longer start out as small, they just appear in their mature size. That eliminates at least the latter problem :)

That has been integrated in the Fancy Graphics switch. Turn it on and the bouncy cookies return.
  • dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Oh nice. I've had that switch turned off for years :)
  • SwankSwank Member Posts: 7
    Another update so soon? 2.012, don't spoil us!