Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

have you ever died in a duel with the sun?

qpmc_shitpostsqpmc_shitposts Member Posts: 26
It's been over a month since my last shitpoll

have you ever died in a duel with the sun? 6 votes

Ye
33%
Uiomancantqpmc_shitposts 2 votes
Te
16%
Brainstorm 1 vote
Nu
16%
¤RunninginReverse¤ 1 vote
INFRINGEMENT OF HOBBY
33%
CarmoryYosukeHanamura 2 votes

Comments

• SwingWingSwingWing Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Your sentence for treasonous acts shall be treason.
  • CarmoryCarmory Member, Wiener Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭✭
    INFRINGEMENT OF HOBBY
    hobby of infringement
    ONE MORE GOD REJECTED
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So. What can be considered a duel? How does one fight a star, in the traditional sense? I'll tell you. One doesn't. For stars do not qualify for any sort of ruleset, of any kind of fair (or even unfair) duel, known to any sentient lifeform. Simply put, most of those rulesets can bar a star from participating on such duels because of two conditions, which, if not obvious to you yet, will be now. Number one: stars aren't humanoid. This alone should be enough. Even on fictional settings, any sort of conflict sufficiently formal (aka: a duel) is had between two humanoid figures. And number two: stars aren't human-sized. If the former point didn't sell you on the fact that dueling with a star is absurd to say the least, this one will. Now, I'm not talking about "human-sized" like cars are car-sized. Even a creature as large as a house, under the right conditions, could perform in a duel against your normal, run-of-the-mill person. No, the problem here is how massive stars are compared to the aforementioned lifeforms, no matter which. A traditional duel does not happen when one of the combatants is a star, plain and simple. No. I know what this was supposed to mean. This is metaphorical. It's an analogy for man and his wish to thrive in the face of cosmic adversity. "Death" and "duel", in this context, mean the same thing, which is the fact that you have read this (very uncharacteristic, I may add) wall of text of mine on a thread whose primary purpose is low-effort satire. Do yourself a favor and stop. Go check another thread, or another website, or the outside, or the inside if you're already out. I'll just finish this badly formatted wall now, so it's not like you're losing anything. And therefore, "duel" here, in this very specific and surprisingly philosophical context, can even be translated to "surrender", either the noun or the verb. With all that said, I must admit that, yes, I, indeed, have died in at least one duel with the sun.

But not the Sun, coz that'd be silly.

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nu
    So THAT'S how the forums died.
    Every legend fades, eventually.
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Te
    Lol why just use infinite water hack from minecraft
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx