Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Painfully long loading because of adds...

BlackDragonBlackDragon Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
edited June 8 in Help
It comes and goes, but it's still a pain. When it happens, it starts taking several minutes for Cookie Clicker to load in - and based on what it says at the bottom of my browser-screen, it's NOT because of Cookie Clicker itself. It just seems to insist on loading in all of the bloody ADDS before it's willing to start up, and some of them seem to have crappy servers. At the moment, it's 'image6.pubmatic.com' that it spends ages waiting on. Or rather, flickering back and forth between 'Looking up...' and 'Waiting for...' for a minute or two. At other times, it has been criteo.com or even googleadds.

It's a serious annoyance, especially when I'm trying to savescum some decent results from the breeding-projects in my farm. Is there anything that can be done, other than just waiting for it to pass (presumably because the troublesome add rotates out for now)?

Comments

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
    That's what ad-blockers are for.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    I had that problem and it went away when I removed CC from the whitelist. Can give money to Orteil through the donation link under the info tab instead if you don't want ads on the site.

• BlackDragonBlackDragon Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    I'm using a Scriptblocker which usually serves the same purpose... doesn't seem to help.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
    No, a scriptblocker will stop the ad from running its scripts, but it won't stop it from trying to load. You need an ad blocker, so it doesn't even try. I use AdBlockPlus. Just use that and donate a bit to Orteil through the Donate button.
  • BlackDragonBlackDragon Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Ah, I did not know that... thanks! I'll do that. :)