Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Sod off with them blabs!

dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
The chance to hit a "blab" for a golden cookie should be like 1 in a Jackpot okay? I've had six now in the last week alone (with mostly passive play). Does this also mean my "seed" is broken? Just as when Grimoire spells backfire far too often?

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Is it "blab" off regularly-spawned Golden and Wrath Cookies, or from Force the Hand of Fate?
  • TumaluTumalu Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited June 3
    The chance to get a blab is less than 1/5th the chance to get a Sweet...

Unless it's from Force The Hand of Fate. 10% of backfires are blabs, but the backfires are bad 98% of the time anyway. And like 1.3% blab chance on success, which is roughly one in 75 cookies. So, it's extremely rare outside of backfires.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Well, 4.5% of backfires are Cursed Finger, Elder Frenzy, or Sweet, all of which are positive, and 10% are Blab, which is only really negative in that you've used up a good chunk of your magic to get it. 1.366% of successes are Blab, or about 5 in 366. All in all, you should expect Blab about 5 in 188 times on Force the Hand of Fate, if you've got a "fair" seed on successes and backfires.

Also, the chance to get a Blab normally is very low, but it's slightly higher than it first appears, since the mechanism whereby the previous result is potentially removed from the list is applied before Blab is checked to be added. (It's still an extremely low probability.)
  • dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    Ah, well. I didn't really register whether these blabs were from backfires, but yeah I guess so then.