Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Short numbers and Chromium browser

BzzzBzzz Member Posts: 2
Hey,

this is bugging me for a while now...I'm running CC in Chromium as Firefox got incredibly slow after baking SOME cookies. Now the cookie count (and building cost, etc.) is always in the xxx Sp format, e.g.

us.v-cdn.net/5022183/uploads/editor/fk/lb0dz3aedpw1.png (yeah I have to be around for a little while longer to post links - I joined friggen April 2015!)

Short numbers off or on doesn't change anything. I mean it's nice that it's already shortened to septillions, but it's getting a little unwieldy now.

Same savegame works in Firefox and the short number switch does what it should do. Same in Opera. And also sometimes if you reload a savegame or restart Chromium, the correct number is shown for a split second until it is replaced by [huge number] Sp.

Bug in Chromium, maybe?

Comments

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Chrome and CC do not play nice together. That's the long and short of it.
  • BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,283 Mod
    edited May 16
    Works fine for me in Chrome, but I have never used Chromium.
    Well, except that one time that I accidentally installed it instead of Chrome. I fixed that before really using it, though.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • BzzzBzzz Member Posts: 2
    Maddie said:

Chrome and CC do not play nice together. That's the long and short of it.

Any recommendations?

Chromium nibbles 70% of one core when active and something like 2-3% (down in the noise) when in background with defocus active.
    Firefox maxes out 100% easily and when in background still eats a solid 15%. A classic no-brainer to use Chromium for CC.