Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

New Heavenly Upgrade

Camwood7Camwood7 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
edited May 13 in Suggestions
Timelessness Void
"When entropy arrives, tradition dies. And when tradition dies, this can occasionally--and we mean occasionally--mean cookies. So of COURSE you gotta capitalize on it!

Unlocked by: Own Starspawn, Starsnow, Starterror, Starlove, and Startrade.
Cost: 555,555 heavenly chips
Effects: Cookie Production Multiplier +10%. Golden cookies appear +3% more often. Benefits are only active when a season is inactive. These benefits are made more potent by Selebrak.

My reason for suggesting this is that there's currently no reason not to have a season active at any given time. It's just factually superior in the current state. This would give a lot more incentive to players to continue a little bit longer on their current prestige, even once the season switchers become too expensive to manage, as it gives them a safety blanket. It also allows for new strategies--you actually get more GC spawns without seasons than with them (the 3% as opposed to the 2%), unless we're talking Startrade's 5%. Plus, the fact it's affected by Selebrak could give more value to him, even if you already have very costly seasons.
Literally dunk the points you'd give onto my other account, this one has zero value to me and will literally cease to be relevant come May June 1st June 18th June 19th SOMEDAY: @Cookiewoodstock

Hi, I'm Barry Scott. Bang, and the signature is gone.
Post edited by Camwood7 on

Comments

• GoldraGoldra Member Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭
    Camwood7 said:

Timelessness Void
    "When entropy arrives, tradition dies. And when tradition dies, this can occasionally--and we mean occasionally--mean cookies. So of COURSE you gotta capitalize on it!

Unlocked by: Own Starspawn, Starsnow, Starterror, Starlove, and Startrade.
    Cost: 555,555 heavenly chips
    Effects: Cookie Production Multiplier +10%. Golden cookies appear +3% more often. Benefits are only active when a season is inactive. These benefits are made more potent by Selebrak.

My reason for suggesting this is that there's currently no reason not to have a season active at any given time. It's just factually superior in the current state. This would give a lot more incentive to players to continue a little bit longer on their current prestige, even once the season switchers become too expensive to manage, as it gives them a safety blanket. It also allows for new strategies--you actually get more GC spawns without seasons than with them (the 3% as opposed to the 2%), unless we're talking Startrade's 5%. Plus, the fact it's affected by Selebrak could give more value to him, even if you already have very costly seasons.

Although I didn't really think the suggestion could work at first (due to the seasonal buffs; haven't really played CC to a point where I could get dragons ever since they were introduced, so I don't really know how they work there,) I still thought it was unique, and liked it for that...

But damn, this is a good idea. Seems like something that could actually get added, unlike 99% of suggestions.
    "You don't get famous by stating that you are getting more famous. That's nonsense!" ~Karlolin
    "IT HASN'T EVEN PREMIERED ON THE THE-oh i guess you live in the US" ~Karlolin
    "Why won't you yiff with me ;.; " ~Anon9mous
    "The frosting... it's so.... mmm.... " ~Reepile
    "When the Worldstar guy is freaked the fuck out, you know there's a problem." ~Papa Franku
  • TumaluTumalu Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    While I can appreciate the idea, the problem is that having a season on is -supposed- to be better than otherwise. Why else would you bother toggling them around, after you grab the upgrades? Getting them all on my last reset only took a few hours, for that matter- the heavenly upgrades+achievements make it fairly fast, outside of bad luck.

As it is, reindeer are massively outclassed past the very start of a reset (due to temple/spells/farm/etc) , and Business Day is the only passive GC bonus big enough to matter, so there's already not much making seasons better than no-season.

If the problem is you feel deprived once you can't afford to swap seasons, the answer is pretty much just "more prestige". Far before you can afford most heavenly upgrades, you'll have enough prestige that it takes an eternity to make seasons expensive.