Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

So, I don't think I quite understand the farm system...

The_Cookie_GodThe_Cookie_God Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
in Help
From what I've understood, it seems that it's pointless harvesting baker's wheat? I mean, it only gives the cps bonus when it's still in the ground. Is the only reason to harvest it the chance of a mutation?
I'm not beginning to feel like a cookie god. I've always felt like one, because I AM one.

Comments

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭
    Well...harvesting dosen’t get you new mutations.

Just plant a bunch of wheat close to eachother, and let them grow together. You should get Thumbcorn pretty quickly.
    cease your tomfoolery

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
    There is an achievement for harvesting 100 mature plants. Baker's Wheats count for that. Otherwise, harvest only if you didn't get the mutation you wanted and don't want to wait out the decay period to try again.
  • TumaluTumalu Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited May 9
    Technically, some plants have a chance to grant an upgrade if you harvest while mature. And a few plants will have in their description, an bonus for harvesting when mature.

But for the most part, harvesting is not meaningful if the plant's details don't explicitly say that it is. You need to -not- harvest them to get mutations. You'll also need empty spaces for the mutations to appear in. Basically, any empty space that has the required parents matured in any of the 8 adjacent spaces is eligible to spawn a mutation.

e.g. in this diagram, the middle column of underscores are all empty spots eligible to get a mutation from the two X parents.

_ _ _
    x _ x
    _ _ _
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
    There are also a couple that you don't want to harvest: meddleweed has to die naturally to leave brown mold, and doughshrooms don't give you anything if you harvest, but explode into 3 minutes of CPS if allowed to die naturally.
  • BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,299 Mod
    Hmm, I'm pretty sure I first saw brown mold when I harvested a mature Meddleweed. The wiki backs that up, saying "Harvest mature Meddleweed (Based on plant age)"
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
    Crumbspore comes the same way.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    Maddie said:

There is an achievement for harvesting 100 mature plants.

Also one for 1000 plants, so keep harvesting