Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

What does 'planting them close to each other' mean?

TV4FunTV4Fun Member Posts: 6
in Help
I am trying to unlock new seeds in the garden minigame by cross-breeding plants. The help says "You can cross-breed plants by planting them close to each other; new plants will grow in the empty tiles between them." What exactly does this mean? Should I plant seeds diagonally across from each other so new plants can grow in the spaces adjacent to both, or should I plant seeds right next to each other and expect new plants to grow in the space next to them?

Comments

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    Basically what it means is you just need to place two plants directly next to another. The pattern really dosen’t matter. But seed spawning is random. I got no seeds for a week and then unlocked six in one day.
    cease your tomfoolery

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    "Close to each other" means that you should plant them so that there is at least one plot that is in both of the 3x3 squares of plots surrounding the seeds in question.
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    The game spawns new plants based on what's within the 8 plots surrounding an empty plot. So, as long as the parent plants are both in that area, the empty plot will try and spawn a child plant.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 525 ✭✭✭