Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

new suggestion - save scumming easter egg.

sharklasersharklaser Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
we know that a lot of people like to save scum in order to get the right effects from grimoire spells or get spooky cookies, but what if something was implemented to make the game aware of this save-scumming? like a counter that knew when you last saved the game and when you closed and reloaded the game.
once that counter exceeded a certain point, a mole would pop up and rant you about save-scumming and how it's bad and only losers do it and it's not rocket science. if you keep doing this he will get angrier each time (and sometimes explode, making you lose 1% of your bank) and eventually, he would permanently appear at the top left of the screen, and you would have the shadow achievement "NO RESETTIN'!".

this sounds like a good idea right?
what's a signature

Comments

• BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,255 Mod
    And where would this counter be saved? :thinking:
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • sharklasersharklaser Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    Billabo said:

And where would this counter be saved? :thinking:

in a *secret* secret save made by the game separate from the main save, which can tell when you close the game and any actions you made in the last minute
    what's a signature
  • TumaluTumalu Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited May 8
    I mean, I'm not against a shadow achievement for doing it, but the part where it calls you a loser and gets mad at you sounds kind of lame. :V It might not exactly be "intended" play, but it's not like it's cheating either, given that saving and loading are official features.

Also yes I know this is a reference to Mr.Resetti.

The counter would probably be one that updates explicitly when the tab is closing, rather than when the game is saved. (I'm not expert enough at these things to know if it'd be in your save or seperate somehow) If you close a tab numerous times in one minute, then you're probably doing something weird; like opening 10 tabs for garden mutation scumming or reloading over and over to harvest a mature, unripe sugar lump. The other big one is Hand of Fate, but it'd be hard to track since it only takes one or two extra reloads.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    I might not mind it as a challenge mode, where the save is just a copy of the game state at the start of the run. If you restart, you go back to the start of the run.
  • iceklausiceklaus Member Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭
    dpareja said:

I might not mind it as a challenge mode, where the save is just a copy of the game state at the start of the run. If you restart, you go back to the start of the run.

Wow, that really recalls to Diablo 2. I like it.
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

shhhhh... nothing to see here