Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Make Glovemorels better than Thumbcorn

TumaluTumalu Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
edited May 6 in Suggestions
Both plants do the same thing; boost clicking power. Thumbcorn is literally your first mutation, so one would expect the later Glovemorel to be superior; at first glance it does -seem- better, with double the clicking bonus.

However, when I tried to use it, I found two problems. First, by the time most of them are mature, many of them have already expired due to intensely random growth and a very short mature life. Second, the CPS penalty actually becomes large enough that they aren't better than thumbcorn in the first place! While it varied wildly, I'd get about +180% click bonus and about -30% cps. That's 280% total click power and 70% production, which turns into about 196% click power compared to normal.

But a field of thumbcorn... gives +90% click power already! They're cheaper, mature much faster, and stay mature long-term. With RNG, it's very likely a glovemorel field will actually give -less- click power than the thumbcorn!

So, it'd be nice for glovemorels to get either more click power, or a lower cps penalty, to where they're actually usable. Along with perhaps a slightly more forgiving maturation time...