Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Bacon Frier!

Chris_P_BaconChris_P_Bacon Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited May 7 in Games
I have just made a new game, Bacon Frier! It's taking a while to update because of original sprites, but I'm excited for the possibilities!
  • 1 Building
  • 5 Upgrades
  • 0 Achievements
  • A unique upgrade system
www.sorry.com/for/the/lackof=?links/3V8y4ajh
If you just tried it out in its early stages and have an account, I'll be thankful for basic feedback.
Post edited by Chris_P_Bacon on
Tagged:

Comments

• EOTWEOTW Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited May 10
    Post edited by EOTW on
  • Chris_P_BaconChris_P_Bacon Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Thanks!
    Anyone currently playing, I don't have a current "experimental PasteBin", so there will be a crap ton of glitches until I fix that.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's basically another generic idle game released too early, vague upgrade descriptions and a general lack of features. You need to add something that makes it different.

You did attempt to add your own images, and I'd recommend adding transparency to them via paint.net.
    What's a sig btw
    Ok:
    1. Oof, my feelings. I mean just slap me in the face verbally 5 words in?
    2. I'm going to add upgrade descriptions, it's just late and I feel like working on mechanics first.
    3. And yeah, I released it on the addreneline of it finally working. Which was huge.
    4. I'm going to, just you wait, I've got it right here in my brain. It's got nearly a fragment of the playstyle variation Realm Grinder has.
    5. I think that's the program I've been using. Plus I spent two hours yesterday trying to do that without spending more money than I can on PhotoShop. *Actual reaction upon finding 70$ a month for one person* "Tha' I=|_|cc?!
    You can get transparency by using the magic wand and selecting the white, then pressing delete. Upgrade descriptions are nice, so are extra stats.

If there was bake X bacon manually it would be nice.
    Also there's a few spelling mistakes, rsut instead of rust.

Also make the grill sprite much larger, so igm doesn't increase its size and blur the pixels slightly.
    Image > Resize > then you set the resampling to nearest neighbour, then set the % to around 400 cause it's getting enlarged and losing quality.

In the pastebin, some upgrades are locked because of your hidden resources, are you gonna unlock those?
    What's a sig btw
    edited May 7
    Yes! Thank you! Turns out when I need help, a random forum scroller is more helpful than Google. I'll add extra stats, again.

I don't know what you mean...
    Yeah, read the second upgrade description, it makes a joke of the spelling. And where are the other two in "few"?

Alright thanks for that, I will. EDIT: Just checked, whatever I'm using doesn't have it.

Those upgrades are locked because that's one of the new mechanics I'm testing. So it seems IGM tests your yields by doing this: (Base + Total increase) * Total multiplier. So the system works like this, you're presented with two branches,
    One slowly increases in quality and give Total increase.
    The other is one more expensive Multiplier increase.
    You can't have one if you bought the other! And I haven't totally worked out the kinks, there's no reason to stick with one, but I've got some ideas.
    Post edited by Chris_P_Bacon on

Yes! Thank you! Turns out when I need help, a random forum scroller is more helpful than Google. I'll add extra stats, again.

I don't know what you mean...
    Yeah, read the second upgrade description, I makes a joke of the spelling. And where are the other two in "few"?

Alright thanks for that, I will. EDIT: Just checked, whatever I'm using doesn't have it.

Those upgrades are locked because that's one of the new mechanics I'm testing. So it seems IGM tests your yields by doing this: (Base + Total increase) * Total multiplier. So the system works like this, you're presented with two branches,
    One slowly increases in quality and give Total increase.
    The other is one more expensive Multiplier increase.
    You can't have one if you bought the other! And I haven't totally worked out the kinks, there's no reason to stick with one, but I've got some ideas.

Ah, I was probably just buying shit instead of reading what things do.
    What's a sig btw
    No, I still have null descriptions, other than jokes. I need to fix that.
  • GamingLizard9GamingLizard9 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭

It's basically another generic idle game released too early, vague upgrade descriptions and a general lack of features. You need to add something that makes it different.

You did attempt to add your own images, and I'd recommend adding transparency to them via paint.net.

I tried going to the website you listed, cuz I need it too, and it took me to a website where you buy paint. :(
    From,
    Dat One Gamer With Dat One Name, which is GamingLizard9.
    Paint.net is a paint website, but also a software tool. Just download the free version on the actual site. You can find that by searching "paint.net" on Google.
  • GamingLizard9GamingLizard9 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭

Paint.net is a paint website, but also a software tool. Just download the free version on the actual site. You can find that by searching "paint.net" on Google.

I figured it out and it's installing right now
    From,
    Dat One Gamer With Dat One Name, which is GamingLizard9.