When I first joined, I made The Vault
, then later, when technical difficulties forced me to move threads, I made The Vault Continued
. Both of these were based on The Safe
and The Safe Returns
, [with some elements from Destory... uh... the safe! (REMAKE of Destory the safe)
Anyways, there have been many versions, but now I'm trying it again, only this time, with a couple of differences. First things first, charging is going to be much more powerful. Despite the Vault's significant amount of health, you will be able to do some considerable damage to it, as long as you do a decently sized charge. Second, whenever the need arises for a new status effect, I'll write it down so it can be used again. Lastly, on any turn in which I feel the Vault doesn't need to spawn a new minion, it will heal, quite fast. Now that that's out of the way let's get to the fun stuff!
Also, please don't say that this is just a remake of your game or XYZ's game. This concept is not uncommon, or unique, and all my sources for ideas were listed above. Thank you.
What the symbols mean:
(M) Minion: that you have summoned to help you
(A) Ally: that works for your side, but is GM controlled
(V) The Vault
(E) Enemy: that the Vault has summoned to protect itself
(N) Neutral: NPC or unique item/object that may or may not help you if you bribe/defeat it in single combat/compliment it/etc. Sometimes you can turn these into an Ally.
Capital letters indicate a status effect
The number or symbol after it denotes how long until that effect is removed
Number: The number of turns until it disappears. This option is used for most status effects, including, but not limited to, poisoned, cursed, stunned, drunk, or infected.
Exclamation point: Removed when desired, or when user-created conditions are met, like a weapon being reloaded, or defend status being enabled/disabled
Hashtag: Permanent things, like death
- No double posting. If you double post then BOTH of your actions will be cancelled. I'm sure there will be a few exceptional circumstances, but unless it's vital, and/or wouldn't make any sense if you just edited your post, don't do it. NO TRIPLE POSTING PERIOD.
- DON'T specify the exact stats of a summon, you can suggest a general direction you want the summons powers to be (defensive, magic, offensive, fire type, lighting bolt, a ghost with invisibility), but I will decide the exact stats.
Same with damage.
- CREATING BUILDINGS ARE NOT ALLOWED! PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. NO BUILDINGS! For an example of what I DON'T want, look at what happened toward the end of the original "The Safe" game.
- The more epic an attack sounds, the more damage it will do, same with minion stats.
- Remember to charge your summons/attacks/anything to make it more powerful.
- Putting a charge on hold, effectively pausing it, is allowed, but you can't have two charges going at the same time.
There will also sometimes be events, which do cool things.
- Each turn, you and any/all of your minions can take one action, you don't need to split one action between all of you.
- KISS, aka, Keep It Simple Stupid. The less complex your actions are, the more time I have to create awesome stories!
- Make use of events. They are there for a reason: to give YOU an advantage.
- If you don't know what to do, start charging. You don't need to set a target number or a goal for what you're creating, though those do help me.
The Vault currently has 1,000,000/1,000,000 health.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
(V) 1,000,000/1,000,000 HP
The Vault has not been activated yet.
No current events.