Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Sugar lump accidental spending

SaintCacaoSaintCacao Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I keep accidentally spending sugar lumps, especially during cookie storms. It's not impossible to work around, as you can keep the Stats page open most of the time but still, it's super frustrating when a once-per-day currency is accidentally spent on +1% cursor CpS and then the game happens to save.
Is it possible to make spending a lump a little harder? Maybe a prompt? Making the thing you need to click hidden behind something? Maybe some kind of dragging action?
I realize there may be situations where you would want to quickly spend a lump on magic or something, but I have yet to accidentally spend a lump on magic or swaps since I can keep the Grimoire and Pantheon closed. It's the building levels that are an issue.
Tagged:

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Switch into the Options screen right after a storm starts.
  • SaintCacaoSaintCacao Member Posts: 3
    dpareja said:

Switch into the Options screen right after a storm starts.

Yeah, like I said, that is an option. But you might not always remember or just click accidentally without a storm happening. For example I recently upgraded my antimatter condensers because a golden cookie was right on top of that upgrade button and I accidentally clicked it twice.
    Now that I think about it maybe the best thing is to make it possible "sell" the upgrade and get the lump back? Would that be exploitable in any way? Maybe make it so the refund is only available within an hour or so?
  • sgocitysgocity Member Posts: 8
    I've done this too trying to click on cookies or reindeer. I agree it's really frustrating.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Or just scroll up or down if the golden cookie is hovering over something you really don't want to click.
  • sharklasersharklaser Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    if you lose your sugar lumps like that well too bad fo you
    goteem
    what's a signature
  • SaintCacaoSaintCacao Member Posts: 3
    dpareja said:

Or just scroll up or down if the golden cookie is hovering over something you really don't want to click.

Look, it's not a problem if you pay attention and avoid clicking the upgrade buttons. But if you don't pay close attention at all times, which is to be expected in an idle game, you could end up losing lumps in a frustrating way.
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    There's an easy solution: don't click golden cookies that are near upgrade spots. Alternatively, you could Ctrl + S and save immediately upon getting a cookie storm, reload the page, then you have a full minute to click the cookies and to make sure you didn't spend any lumps in the process. If you're clicking golden cookies then you're not idling and are actively playing a game. If you choose to play carelessly, don't be surprised when unfavorable things happen.
  • LathundLathund Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited May 15
    < rant >

So, I used Sugar Frenzy today, for the first time. Accidentily. Right before an autosave. My garden isn't fully built up yet, so I really could've used those sugar cubes. Speaking of garden, I was waiting for a Clot to seed new plants, so double CpS wasn't exactly what I needed at that moment. Of course, the Sugar Frenzy happened after I harvested all the queenbeets I had been growing. Man, I wanted to get that sugar cube back, but no amount of F5'ing would do the trick and my last backup save was a few days old. And I didn't have the time to play actively at that point, so I couldn't even make good use of this frenzy with Golden Cookies.

Did I mention it happened right before an autosave?

There's one upside though. As long as I stay in this run, I can't accidentily spend another lump on it.

Sugar Frenzy. Not a fan.

< /rant >
    Post edited by Lathund on
  • TumaluTumalu Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    I think a prompt for sugar lump spending is pretty reasonable, considering one won't be doing it very often.