Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

sugar lumps

Prank_ParadisePrank_Paradise Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
Does it really take a whole day to get one sugar lump? or is there some way to make it go faster.

Comments

• TumaluTumalu Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    Some late game heavenly upgrades make it slightly faster. You also have a very low chance (about 1/500) to get one from a Golden Cookie via "Sweet!" effect.

With all upgrades it'll still take about 20 hours. It's possible to earn sugar lumps through the garden too, but not easily.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    There are several upgrades and plants that can make it faster, but nothing that really makes it fast.

Having Rigidel slotted in the pantheon can reduce the overall time by an hour, but he's only in force when the number of buildings you have ends in 0.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    There are upgrades (heavenly and regular) that will reduce maturation time by 67 minutes and ripening (and automatic drop) time by two hours.

The Sweet! Golden Cookie result is very rare but not unheard of. (I think I've gotten 5 so far.) You can get it through Golden cookies, Wrath cookies, or from either a good or bad result on Force the Hand of Fate.

If the number of buildings you own ends in 0, Rigidel can reduce ripening (and automatic drop) time by 20 minutes, 40 minutes, or 1 hour, depending on which slot you put it in. Note, however, that Rigidel does not apply if the game is closed.

If you grow a Juicy queenbeet in the Garden (note that you cannot plant them; you must mutate them from Queenbeets), harvesting it when mature will yield a sugar lump. Note that both Queenbeets and Juicy queenbeets reduce CpS, so you will take a hit on your cookie production to pursue faster sugar lump production in this way.

If you have unlocked all 34 Garden seeds (yes, including Juicy queenbeet), you can sacrifice every seed you have planted and every seed you have unlocked (except Baker's wheat) for 10 sugar lumps.

On occasion, the sugar lumps that grow naturally will become bifurcated, golden, or (if in the Grandmapocalypse) meaty. Bifurcated lumps will yield 1 or 2 lumps when harvested. Golden lumps will yield 2 to 7 lumps, along with doubling your cookies in bank and making golden cookies 10% more frequent for 24 hours. Meaty lumps will yield 0 to 2 lumps when harvested.
  • Prank_ParadisePrank_Paradise Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    thanks guys I appreciate the help I didn't think the only way to get sugar lumps was to wait 24 hours so I'm glad there are other ways
  • Asbestos_Free_CookieAsbestos_Free_Cookie Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited May 5
    Initially I was under the impression that shortening the maturation time would make something get ripe faster. But it looks like my game is telling me that is not the case.

So let's say I have all the maturity and ripening things active except Sugar aging process. The worship slot reduces it from 23 to 22 hours after a sugar lump has been harvested, and Stevia Caelestis reduces that from 22 to 21 hours.
    The time it falls automatically changes to one hour behind the time it takes to ripen.

However it doesn't work like that for ripening time. If I then cut down the maturing time from 20 hours (after the previous sugar lump harvest) to 18 hours and 53 minutes with Diabetica Daemonicus and Ichor syrup, the time it takes my sugar lumps to become ripe is still 21 hours (after previous sugar lump harvest).
    I'm wondering if that is a bug.
  • BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,283 Mod
    It makes sense to me. Maturing time and ripening time are separate, and both are based on the time the lump started to grow. If you reduce maturing time, you can manually harvest it earlier, and if you reduce ripening time, it will automatically drop earlier.

If ripening time were given as 4 hours after maturing, then it would make sense for the way you were thinking of it.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • Asbestos_Free_CookieAsbestos_Free_Cookie Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited May 6
    Billabo said:

It makes sense to me. Maturing time and ripening time are separate, and both are based on the time the lump started to grow. If you reduce maturing time, you can manually harvest it earlier, and if you reduce ripening time, it will automatically drop earlier.

If ripening time were given as 4 hours after maturing, then it would make sense for the way you were thinking of it.

Huh? Without modifications, ripening time is 3 hours after maturing time.

Also harvesting it once it's mature but not ripe is risky if you want to avoid save-scumming.
  • BillaboBillabo Moderator, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,283 Mod

Huh? Without modifications, ripening time is 3 hours after maturing time.

Also harvesting it once it's mature but not ripe is risky if you want to avoid save-scumming.

Sorry, I meant 3 (actually, I just forgot). Everything else I said still works, though.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154