Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

One thing I have never understood...

dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
What are "random drops"? I see Keenmoss gives +3 % more random drops. Random drops of what? I know random drops have been around for some time, so it could be anything. Couldn't find this in the Wiki, seems pretty basic knowledge... #DareToAsk :)

Comments

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 160 ✭✭
    A random drop is something that you may, or may not, get as the result of something else. The "random drops" are the Christmas cookies (capture a reindeer, you may get a cookie. Or, you may not), the Easter Eggs (click on a bunny or pop a wrinkler and you may get an egg) and the Halloween Cookies (pop a wrinkler and you may get one of the cookies.). It probably also includes the plant-based cookies and teas.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    It does include the plant-based cookies and teas.

However, it does not (in the computation) include Christmas cookies if you have Let It Snow. (They're still random, but general random drop modifiers like Mind Over Matter don't apply.)
  • LathundLathund Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    They don't affect plant spread/mutate rates though, do they? It would be really good if they did though...
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    Lathund said:

They don't affect plant spread/mutate rates though, do they? It would be really good if they did though...

No, they do not affect plant spread and mutation rates.
  • dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Maddie said:

A random drop is something that you may, or may not, get as the result of something else. The "random drops" are the Christmas cookies (capture a reindeer, you may get a cookie. Or, you may not), the Easter Eggs (click on a bunny or pop a wrinkler and you may get an egg) and the Halloween Cookies (pop a wrinkler and you may get one of the cookies.).

That makes it pretty useless then. The seasonal cookies are relevant in the first few hours of the game, long before even seeding the Keenmoss becomes affordable.

It probably also includes the plant-based cookies and teas.
    I can't remember ever having seen one of these appear :N

• TumaluTumalu Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    The plant cookies/teas/etc are all under 2% chance upon harvest mature plants of the correct type, mostly 1% and 0.5%. But they stay unlocked forever, which is good.

Grabbing the last couple seasonal upgrades can be a little bit of a pain sometimes, so mass keenmoss is nice. It's unfortunate if it doesn't work on christmas cookies though, those are the most inconvenient ones to grab the last couple of...
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    If you are near endgame and start a new run, I'd recommend buying the Heavenly CpS upgrades at the start of the run, generating a massive amount of CpS and cookies, then sell all your buildings to get the minimum planting costs for a full garden of whatever plant you want.