Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Can this be made using IGM?

MinakieMinakie Member Posts: 5
edited April 30 in Developer's Lounge
Hey guys,

I have been playing Cookie Clicker for years, but only found out about Idle Game Maker recently. I have an idea for a game, but I'm not sure if it's possible to make it happen using IGM's game engine only.

My idea would be to make a farm game. You start with just your farmer (whom you click to make money, as per usual) and either an empty background of a grassy field or a grassy field with some destroyed buildings.

The way this would be different from other games is that I would like to arrange it in a way that, when the player buys unlocks something (crops, animals, buildings), that would be visually reflected on the screen.

After that, I would like for the same to happen for upgrades as well (i.e: buy a bike and a bicycle appears somewhere on the map; buy a car and it will replace the bike).

Is it possible to achieve such a thing using only the Idle Game Maker?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• MinakieMinakie Member Posts: 5
    I know that Cookie Clicker has several different backgrounds coded in. Would it be possible to just change the entire background and triggering it when you purchase certain things instead? I don't know what are the background transition requirements for the original Cookie Clicker game.
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a proper answer, but I think I saw a game with changing backgrounds on the old version, not sure what it was or where it is now but it's something.
    What's a sig btw