Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Anything happened to wrinklers between 2.0045 and 2.0106?

dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
I'm using the Cookie Monster Javascript add-on to assist control my building (and other) decisions. Now I saw the caption of that button next to "Rewards of Popping" change from "Pop all" to "Pop all normal". Still does the same as far as I can see? Or does this hint on the secret introduction of some ultra-rare "not-normal" wrinkler species (that you might not want to pop for being super productive etc)?

Comments

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited April 26
    There has been a "shiny" wrinkler for several updates. It returns considerably more than a normal wrinkler, and is extremely rare -- I think it something like a 1 in 20,000 chance. ( I know that I've gotten one since it was introduced) If you get one of those, it's best to let it keep nibbling as long as possible, even if you pop all the others.
  • dr_flashdr_flash Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    I've had that one several times actually (like 4 or 5 since 2013) but never noticed it to be more powerful than the others.....
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    Shiny wrinklers give 3 times the cookies of normal wrinklers.
    aha OK. Wiki says:
    Normal Wrinklers give 1.1x the number of cookies they consume; Shiny Wrinklers are three times as powerful. They have a 1/10000 chance (0.01%) of spawning instead of a normal wrinkler.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 781 ✭✭✭
    dpareja said:

Shiny wrinklers give 3 times the cookies of normal wrinklers.

...which I THINK means that if deciding whether a wrinkler has lived long enough to pop it in order to buy something, that a shiny wrinkler should be allowed to live three times as long as a normal one.
    Best is of course to let them stay for as long as possible. Only pop them if you need Halloween or Easter cookies / eggs.
    Indeed. And I'd hesitate to pop them even then. The chance that you'll get another one is vanishingly small, and the production boost they provide is enormous. You'll also get an achievement for popping one.
    Oh yes you're talking about the shinies, I agree. Knowing now that they yield 3 times as much as a normal, I'd not pop a shiny one for the seasonal upgrades.
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    The only time I'd pop mine is just before ascending. It took about 30,000 total and 16,000 Wrinklers this ascension to spawn my first shiny.
  • Asbestos_Free_CookieAsbestos_Free_Cookie Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Maddie said:

Indeed. And I'd hesitate to pop them even then. The chance that you'll get another one is vanishingly small, and the production boost they provide is enormous. You'll also get an achievement for popping one.

Pretty sure it's a shadow achievement (those grant no milk)
    It is, but they're fun to get anyway, and they do count if you're going for a 100% achievements thing for your own satisfaction.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 781 ✭✭✭
    Maddie said:

They release three times what a normal one releases. That's a substantial amount, but I would not call it "enormous".

The decision when to pop any wrinkler is a matter of answering the question "With the cookies it releases, which will enable me to buy stuff to increase the production, be sufficient to make up for not having the wrinkler?" The reasoning is the same for shiny wrinklers as for normal ones, only the numbers change. I've always maintained that most people seem to let wrinklers live too long anyway. The recommended lifetime increases as the run proceeds, because the extra cookies have less effect on production later in the run, but for normal wrinklers it's well under an hour until the run is very advanced. For shiny ones it's more, obviously, but to not pop them at all until near the end or the run is to deprive yourself of a LOT of available cookies which could have been used to increase production during the run.

Only if you feel the need to spend fast. Given that there are more and more bonuses that are capped by percentage of your bank, keeping your bank total high makes a lot of sense. As for popping them in under an hour, you are again talking about high-mid to high end play. until you've got all the heavenly upgrades for them it can easily take an hour for all of them to spawn.