Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Buff Sugar Frenzy!

blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
Sugar Frenzy should be usable more than once per ascension with each use costing 1 Sugar Lump. I mean, we have a Dragon Aura that increases your CpS by the same amount permanently. Not only does this cost the most valuable resource in the game for only an hour long buff, but it is one of the last heavenly upgrades you can purchase with an incredible amount of Chips.

If that seems unbalanced, then at the very least make each subsequent use cost an additional Lump like how the Season Switcher gets more costly the more you change seasons.

It feels like Sugar Frenzy is intended to be used near endgame, but CpS plateaus so hard at this point that using Sugar Frenzy would only be useful if stacked with a bunch of Golden Cookie buffs spawned with FtHoF. Oh, wait. . .

Maybe it's useful for the last Duketater harvest before ascending, still stacked with GC buffs and with an insanely high Bank? That's all I could think of.

Does anyone agree? I'm curious to hear if anyone uses the buff and get their thoughts on it.

Comments

• LathundLathund Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited April 23
    I won't be using Sugar Frenzy for a long ass time. Those sugar lumps are far better spent on something else. So yeah, this feels like a fairly pointless upgrade to me.

If it added a CpS boost for the rest of the ascension, I might be tempted to use it. As it is right now, I rather not.
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    I just thought of another way to buff it; for the hour duration, minigames are buffed as well as the 2x CpS buff. Pantheon has unlimited Swap points, Mana recharges 2x as fast (or spells cost half), and plants in the farm have their effects boosted 25% (additive). Something like that.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 170 ✭✭
    My over-arching strategy is to go for things that give me a lasting benefit by preference, so yeah, I won't be spending any sugar lumps on Sugar Frenzy until I've gotten most of my high-yield buildings leveled up to at least 7 or 8. Maybe even all my buildings to 10. I haven't even considered using it.

I might consider using it if I had a high bank and a field full of Duketaters or Doughspores that were all looking like they were going to toss their bonuses within that hour and a couple good spells/buffs lined up. Maybe.