Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

suggestion for cookie clicker - pro mode.

sharklasersharklaser Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
after ascending there should be a "pro mode" which significantly increases the difficulty of the game. in this mode, several events may happen to make the experience more interesting and harder. updates are shown in the news.

the factories go on strike randomly, decreasing their cps by 90%.
alchemy labs may appear slightly different on the buildings screen, when this happens you have 1 minute to fix it or it is considered "defective" and you lose the alchemy lab and get no cookies back.
portals have a small chance of killing one of your buildings (except themselves and grandmas).
if you buy too many time machines there is a chance of a time glitch, which resets your bank to zero.
antimatter condensers can explode if not attended to, which will destroy all the antimatter condensers, as well as bank cookies, wringlers, all gone.
if you buy too many prisms the screen gets darker until it reaches pitch black.
if you buy 13 chancemakers, an unlucky event has a 50% chance of happening, resulting in a hard reset. this can be avoided by having 200 time machines.

some achievements would be available in this mode, suggest more.
what's a signature

Comments

• opsylonopsylon Member Posts: 64
    i no likei
  • sharklasersharklaser Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    opsylon said:

i no likei

why?
    what's a signature
  • opsylonopsylon Member Posts: 64
    because it would probably take up so much space on the game, that it wuld make it even more laggy for me and some other players
    opsylon said:

because it would probably take up so much space on the game, that it wuld make it even more laggy for me and some other players

that makes no sense.
    what's a signature
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

opsylon said:

that makes no sense.
    The code would bloat.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I just really dislike the idea of situations I have no control over possibly causing a hard reset or wiping my bank.

If that's included, it shouldn't be called "Pro Mode". It should be "Screw You mode"
  • blank3tm0nst3rblank3tm0nst3r Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Maddie said:

I just really dislike the idea of situations I have no control over possibly causing a hard reset or wiping my bank.

If that's included, it shouldn't be called "Pro Mode". It should be "Screw You mode"

The "Dark Souls of Idle Games" mode
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 160 ✭✭
    That works, too. :)
    Maddie said:

yes you do, like i said you can avoid the chancemaker thing by having 200 time machines first and you can prevent your buildings from being lost too
    what's a signature
  • TumaluTumalu Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    It sounds like what you would do is just sell all the really annoying building types after they're not a giant amount of your cps. Which is interesting, I guess, but you're selling them because they're a pain in the neck, not because it's strategically efficient...

Also it sounds like you wouldn't be able to afford to look away form this for more than a few minutes without outright closing the tab. ...it's an idle game, though. :S
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need TM to avoid the CM hard reset but too many TM reset your bank.
    Yeah no, this ain't fun or balanced. The "Dark Souls: Prepare to Rage Edition of Idle Games" mode.

Vini said:

You need TM to avoid the CM hard reset but too many TM reset your bank.
    Yeah no, this ain't fun or balanced. The "Dark Souls: Prepare to Rage Edition of Idle Games" mode.

well buy the time machines slowly to avoid the time glitch and buy the upgrades to decrease the chance

and yet you complain about this idea when there are cookies in the game that decrease your cps and make you lose cookies. why arent you complaining about that? huh?
    what's a signature
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

there are cookies in the game that decrease your cps and make you lose cookies.

When where and how?
    The only things that lowers CpS are Clots/building-Clots and Wrinklers, and Wrinkles give back cookies with interest, so it doesn't really hit the CpS negatively all that much.
    And losing cookies is Ruin, which comes from the same Wrath Cookies that can give Clots, but can also give Elder Frenzies, Cursed Fingers and an increased chance of Click Frenzies. (Not to mention you can just not click those.)
    And to get WC (other than Grimoire) you need to be in the Grandmapocalypse, which automatically gives you Wrinklers.

So to answer this,

why arent you complaining about that?

Because those are fun and balanced.