Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

suggestion about clarifying tech tree for cooking food

MurderMostFowlMurderMostFowl Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
I love this game, however I see that there are room for usability improvements. One small thing I noticed is there is no logical reason that fishing is required for cooking food in the tech tree.
The first time I played, had a map where I had no large body of water. The fishing skill came up and it said it would be wise to check for fish before doing this research. I had no fish, so I never researched it. Fast forward to pretty far into the mid game ( or even later? ) where I have distinct advanced technologies but still no ability to cook food. I finally decided to research fish and viola!
I think the simplest thing here is that fire building research alone should unlock cooking. It really doesn't make sense for there to be any other dependencies.

Comments

• SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    Are you sure there is this dependancy? I think I got cooking food several times before gaining fishing and/or hunting. Technologies are unlocked when the requirements are there but also at random...
  • MurderMostFowlMurderMostFowl Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Hmm.. I'll go back and try it again and see.
  • MurderMostFowlMurderMostFowl Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Ah yes, Sekhmet, you are correct. You can get cooking without fishing! I do still think the tech tree needs to reviewed... It doesn't make any sense that I can make fire but not know how to cook food. :)