Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

V.2.01 Live

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
So the latest enhancements have finally been added to the live game.

Just refreshed to get the latest version, and the first thing I see is that my CpS multiplier, which previously matched what my spreadsheet calculated it to be, is now nearly 10% higher than what I calculate. That's after taking into account the extra achievements.

The question is, is it a mistake in the spreadsheet, or a bug in the game? There are too many variables for me to try and debug, so I shall have to wait until my next ascension, whereupon I'll check the numbers after every upgrade purchase to try and pinpoint the error.

Comments

• JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 195 ✭✭
    First thing I noticed: CPS is through the roof. Can't complain.

About a week to go until sugar lumps hit 100, then it's time to level up the Farms and go for the (34?) varieties of seeds.

Onward and upward!
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    If you've been playing the beta all the way through (to v 2.0066--yeah, Orteil went through something like 11 or 12 betas with the full farm of 34 seeds--you know your new feature might be too complicated when...), there are, as near as I can tell, no gameplay differences between 2.0066 and 2.01.
    Naah, didn't bother. Starting from scratch now - patience is a virtue. ;-)
    edited April 18
    Actually, there might be some small gameplay differences with regard to Mind Over Matter and Santa's bottomless bag, particularly as they relate to Christmas cookies.

Incidentally, Orteil, if you're reading this, why is the drop rate multiplier (taking into account the Green yeast digestives, Mind over Matter, and Santa's bottomless bag) applied before the failure rate reset from Let it snow (so that those three have no effect on Christmas cookies if you've collected them all in a prior run), but after the reset/modification from Spooky cookies and Hide & seek champion (so that those three do impact Easter eggs and Halloween cookies)? You're actually less likely to get Christmas cookies with Let it snow than without it but with Mind over matter and Santa's bottomless bag (never mind Green yeast digestives).
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Version 2.01 is only about a day old, and already there is an update/fix/whatever. Doesn't bode well. I expect constant tweaks in the beta version, but isn't the Live version supposed to be stable?
    Changes:

Cookies dropped by plants remain unlocked in all future runs (as near as I can tell, anyway; I haven't ascended yet in 2.0102). To compensate, those cookies drop much more rarely (but you can still savescum for them). Also, one more such cookie was added.

Various wording changes, such as clarifying that mature plants, when harvested, will (not may--it was always guaranteed) drop their seed if you don't already have it, along with some new news ticker items and some icon changes.

Cost increases for the research upgrades--Specialized chocolate chips now has the same cost as the Bingo center.

Three more cookies for getting to X many of each building. They give 10% like the others.

Using a sugar lump to force a tick on the garden multiplies the chance of spreading new plants by 3 for that tick (as if you were using Wood chips with any soil but Wood chips, basically, and it makes that property of Wood chips better).

The description says there were bug fixes but I'm not sure I see any, actually. The bulk of it just looks like enhancements.
    ^^ What are these "cookies dropped by plants" that you refer to?
    Crucial change: 'Minigame sugar lumps refills can now only be done every 15 minutes (timer shared across all minigames)'

Bugger.

^^ What are these "cookies dropped by plants" that you refer to?

Seven plants have a chance of dropping a cookie when you harvest them while mature. The change from 2.01 to 2.0102 was that in the former, they had a decent chance of unlocking but you had to get them on every run, while in the latter, they have a low chance of unlocking but you only need to get them once and they remain unlocked in every future run.
    JezDavis said:

Crucial change: 'Minigame sugar lumps refills can now only be done every 15 minutes (timer shared across all minigames)'

Bugger.

That was in one of the later betas (can't recall which).

Doesn't bug me, I don't use my sugar lumps for those things.
    I use them for 'looking ahead'. Sometimes. *Ahem*
    JezDavis said:

I use them for 'looking ahead'. Sometimes. *Ahem*

Ah yes. Looking ahead. I'm generally content to use other methods for that.
  • SwankSwank Member Posts: 5
    Every time I think I'm gonna reach end game, BAM, Orteil moves the end another football field away, which is great! Will I ever see 100%?
    edited April 19
    Not until 2024 at least.
  • Asbestos_Free_CookieAsbestos_Free_Cookie Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Anyone know if Green yeast digestives boosts Residual luck?

Anyone know if Green yeast digestives boosts Residual luck?

No. It maybe should, but for now it doesn't.
    edited April 20
    I just noticed one more change in the latest version that does not appear to be documented - not a bug fix as such, more a blemish fix. The Stats screen now gives a breakdown of the achievements count into normal and shadow achievements in the form
    336/378 (88%) (+8)

indicating 336 normal achievements and 8 shadow achievements for a total of 344. This seems a sensible change. 336 is the important figure for determining CpS, so it makes sense to display this instead of requiring it to be calculated by subtracting shadow from total, as was the case previously.
    Just to note, 2.0105 and 2.0106 are largely cosmetic updates, with a few small changes to CpS achievement thresholds, flower maturation times and flower spawn rates. Probably could've used a few more days in beta, though.
    I started a whole new virgin game in the beta version. I am still on the first run. I noticed that when my first sugar lump was "harvested" (i.e. dropped), the CpS did not change. This is different from how it was behaving before, when any unspent lumps would contribute towards increasing the CpS. Is this a bug, an intentional change, or something that only takes effect after the first ascension? My spreadsheet needs to know. :)

I started a whole new virgin game in the beta version. I am still on the first run. I noticed that when my first sugar lump was "harvested" (i.e. dropped), the CpS did not change. This is different from how it was behaving before, when any unspent lumps would contribute towards increasing the CpS. Is this a bug, an intentional change, or something that only takes effect after the first ascension? My spreadsheet needs to know. :)

There is a heavenly upgrade that gives you a CPS boost when you gain sugar lumps (caps out at 100). Did you have that before you started your new game?
    edited April 23

There is a heavenly upgrade that gives you a CPS boost when you gain sugar lumps (caps out at 100). Did you have that before you started your new game?
    OK, that explains it. The boost only happens when the upgrade is in force.

Clearly I knew that at some stage, because I see I have already allowed for it in my spreadsheet, but I had forgotten about it. Thanks.
    Another change I hadn't noticed before, having to do with sugar lumps:

I've already noted that Golden lumps are three times likelier now than they were before (this was in the beta and has been maintained). However, Sucralosia inutilis now adds its 5% to bifurcated lump probability rather than multiplying, effectively making bifurcated sugar lumps 50% likelier to appear. Meaty sugar lumps retain the same probability of appearance.

How long does it typically take for the Cookies Calculator to update after Cookie Clicker receives a big update?

How long does it typically take for the Cookies Calculator to update after Cookie Clicker receives a big update?

What are you referring to with "Cookies Calculator"?

(Tears hair out)
    How long has this been known about?

One possible reaction would be to say I wasted my time and effort doing my spreadsheet, since this seems to do the same. On the other hand constructing the spreadheet was probably the main thing that kept me interested during the times when game progress was slow, and I have certainly learned more about LibreOffice Calc (or Excel, to Windows speakers).

(Tears hair out)
    How long has this been known about?

One possible reaction would be to say I wasted my time and effort doing my spreadsheet, since this seems to do the same. On the other hand constructing the spreadheet was probably the main thing that kept me interested during the times when game progress was slow, and I have certainly learned more about LibreOffice Calc (or Excel, to Windows speakers).
    My spreadsheet isn't quite as advanced as yours, but I don't regret making it. Especially for those times when that site apparently isn't updated for all the new stuff.
    So I finally got to a balanced distribution with 450 Chancemakers.

With 400, this was the distribution, from Cursors to Chancemakers:

607, 634, 592, 589, 573, 556, 539, 509, 489, 479, 452, 438, 433, 407, 400

With 450, this is the distribution:

656, 685, 643, 639, 625, 607, 590, 560, 541, 530, 502, 488, 484, 457, 450

The difference, therefore, is that you have 50 more of each building, except that you have 1 less Cursor, 1 more Grandma, 1 more Farm, 2 more Factories, 1 more Bank, 1 more Temple, 1 more Wizard tower, 2 more Shipments, 1 more Alchemy lab, and 1 more Antimatter condenser. The distribution has 8,457 buildings, in case you're a Rigidel fan.

Note, however, that I do not have all my buildings at the same level. To get a maximum size on my Garden, I leveled my Farms to level 9, while all my other buildings are at level 6. Given how little Farms produce, however, I doubt this much impacts the distribution.